• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If No Orchestrated Music. Still Be Happy?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
It's been a while since a made a post but here it is!

Well, Shigeru Miyamoto said a long while ago (around or after E3) that he would want to give Skyward Sword orchestrated music, because they want to give it orchestrated music just like they did with SMG2 and the team is excited for it. It isn't confirmed as I know, that there will be officially orchestrated music, but if they decided not to, would you still be happy?
I, would be slightly sad, but I wouldn't take it to heart. I mean, Twilight Princess had a MIDI and it still sounded very excellent.
Here's Hyrule Field theme: [video=youtube;wQTq2NiCE9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQTq2NiCE9w&feature=related[/video] (just grabbed some random vid)
That song was a MIDI but it still sounds great. So what do you think? If they didn't give Skyward Sword orchestrated music, would you still be happy with a great sounding MIDI? Tell me what you think.

Young Link

Grasshopper
Hahahaha:D. For the longest time I thought Zelda always had orchestrated music. I guess 'cause they get those MIDIs sounding so good, it's hard to tell. Well, for me it is. So, anyways, I would like to see some REAL orchestrated music in the game. I think it would give it more of an epic feel. But if they don't that's okay, too. Either way I will be fine with it. But yes, I would really like to see some real orchestrated music in there.:)

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
I'll have no problem if the music in Skyward Sword was like it was in previous games. The music in other games turned out quite well for the most part, so they won't really be losing anything if they don't orchestrate it.

As you pointed out, Aero_Dynamic, TP had MIDI soundtrack, but some of its scores were absolutley beautiful. Now, I'm a sucker for orchestra in all its ways, shapes, and forms, so I REALLY hope SS has orchestrated music (as long as its done well). Of course, if it doesn't, I'll be disappointed, but I'm not gonna be like "I'm not buying this game because it has a MIDI soundtrack." I'm fine with a MIDI soundtrack, as long as its on par with TP's music.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I don't care wheather or not the game has orchestrated music, because other games in the series don't have it, yet I love those soundtracks. I do want orchestrated music, but I'll still enjoy the game if it doesn't as long as the music isn't absolutly horrible.

Djinn

and Tonic
I normally prefer orchestrated music in both historical fantasy movies and games. It goes a long way in creating that epic feel for the game and various sounding songs can really help in setting moods or a feel for specific areas. Even if it cannot be done I would at least like the music to sound similar enough. OoT and MM did a decent job with including music that sounded very similar and translated well to an orchestrated soundtrack. If SS does the same I would be happy. Though I still believe a completely orchestrated soundtrack would definitely make the game that much more epic when playing.

It's modern music and guitar riffs in a fantasy setting that always throws me off. Especially so in a real world historical setting. I never want to hear an ACDC song in a movie about the Crusades or Norman Invasion. To me it would just appear to be completely inappropriate for the setting. This is why I hope Zelda never goes the way of Final Fantasy having what sounds like rejected Power Rangers themes playing during boss fights.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I find this funny Djinn because I've recently been play FF3 and the boss fight do sound like rejected Power Ranger Themes:lol::lol::lol:.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
Orchestrated music would be a plus. It would make the game even more epic, and would sound nice. Also it would add to dramatic scenes. It would not be a deal breaker if SS did not have it though. Twilight Princess had great MIDIs, and I loved the game. I would like it, but if it has great MIDIs, I would like it anyway. :)

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I have no problem with non-orchestrated music either, but a full 30 to 60 piece orchestra playing the pieces would be wonderful. I imagine it will be a combination of orchestral and MIDI like Galaxy 2 was in the end. This I would be happy with as well. But yes, in the end if it's like TP's soundtrack was, I would still be happy. I listen to TP regularly along with real movie soundtracks and I love it dearly. The same goes with Wind Waker, which I feel was a similar quality score.

In the end, I'm actually somewhat surprised they would consider an orchestal score, as I've seen many a comment here and other sites around the net that lead me to believe the majority of gamers don't actually know if a soundtrack is MIDI or played live. I've always had an interest in orchestral soundtracks, so the difference in quality and identifying "fake" instruments is immediate for me, but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy a MIDI version.

I still listen to 8-bit soundtracks, so as long as the themes are good, I'll be happy. Really, my main request is more of the classic Overworld Theme more than anything. It's been severely lacking of late - it's last great lengthy appearance being in Majora's Mask. I say lengthy because yes, they play a full round of it in TP's credits, but it needed to appear more often, like intertwined in the Hyrule Field theme before it repeats.

Djinn

and Tonic
I really do not think my comments were truly worth a derep, but.

I find this funny Djinn because I've recently been play FF3 and the boss fight do sound like rejected Power Ranger Themes:lol::lol::lol:.

This is what I meant when I said power rangers themes.

[video=youtube;eVBM3bX7xdw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVBM3bX7xdw[/video]

[video=youtube;XZZVIrEKhek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZZVIrEKhek[/video]

It was later corrected in FFX, and the XII boss music was exactly what I wanted but still, that guitar theme bothers me. It just seems so out of place in a fantasy rpg, even if the setting of the game is pseudo-futuristic. And I hope nothing like it appears in a Zelda game ever.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
After listening to the theme you posted, I realize that SS doesn't realy need orchastrated music, it'll just make the game take longer to come out. Just tell me that 0:45 isn't the most epic thing you've ever heard? Anyway I thought that Aonuma said at E3 that Miyamoto was kidding when he said that SS would have orchastrated music, or please some one give me the link to were it says so... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom