• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If Link Could Talk What Would He Say?

Let's say Link does get the chance to say something. In your mind, what would he say?

I personally see Link saying things that an idealistic person or a genuine heroic figure would say. Something like what Simon in Gurren Lagann says or the classic "I am vengeance... " line spoken in Batman The Animated Series. Basically something to show how friendly he can be but how determined and badass he can be at the same time.

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
Well Link kinda does talk as seen in SS when he explains to Gaepora what happened to Zelda, but it's up to the players imagination how he says things I guess. Anyways to answer the question I would think he would be a pushover at first glance and then suprise the heck out of you when you see him in action. What I am trying to say is that he would say soft hearted things to people he meets and crazy heroic things to Ganon as they face one another.

Let's say Link does get the chance to say something. In your mind, what would he say?

I personally see Link saying things that an idealistic person or a genuine heroic figure would say. Something like what Simon in Gurren Lagann says or the classic "I am vengeance... " line spoken in Batman The Animated Series. Basically something to show how friendly he can be but how determined and badass he can be at the same time.

Whatever he says, I hope it isn't what you've mentioned, as it sounds a bit cheesy (and a bit dorky as well) to be honest. lol jk jk

Anyway, Link does talk, and has had the ability to since The Legend of Zelda's inception, or as far back as I can remember, which is quite a ways back. You [the player] simply chooses what you wish for him to say (in the dialog boxes). Many fans fail to realize this. It is far more pronounced in such games as Ocarina of Time where Link's text can be seen as green and Skyward Sword, in which multiple dialog options are given as to what you [the player] wishes for Link to say.

If you are referring to audible (voiced) dialog, I guess that'd be hard to imagine, seeing as how Link is...well...the link between you and the game world - a sort of avatar (for lack of a better term.) I guess it would all depend on his basic personality traits. By "basic", I mean the quirks that are sort of "built-into" Link's character at the beginning of a given game. These traits are usually very subtle, and as such, are subject to various personal interpretations on the part of the player. For example, WW Link has been seen as a sort of sleepy-head with a bit of laziness. Some of his gestures when receiving the Hero's Garb at the start of his journey might also suggest a sort of reluctance to change clothes and/or a general distaste for the Hero of Time's (HoT) fashion sense (lol). Judging from this, I might interpret WW Link's audible dialog as lazy and/or cool and laid-back. He'd probably say something along the lines of "Do I have to?" or "What a drag..." With character development, however, his dialog would likely morph into a more chivalrous tone (much like the HoT, I'd imagine.)

Last edited by a moderator:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I think he would say something along the lines, "Leave me alone, can't you all just leave me alone and take care of your own problems."

Actually I dont know.... In the past games, all the important thing to say was explaining things. And to speak to his companions.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Zelda: Link! You can talk now!

Link: אויב איר איבערזעצן דעם איר האָבן קיין לעבן

Zelda: What?!?! You can speak... but not in any language I understand...

Nintendo:
lolol.jpg

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
"As I ride my trusty steed Epona through the vast fields of Hyrule, I picture the hardships I have endured in my life. I think of the wondrous stunning princess Zelda, so divine and mysterious, and i wish, NAY, I PRAY, for another chance to plunge my glorious sword through Ganondorf's filthy grotesque body... For the Win..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom