• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I WANT YOU OUT OF MY HEAD!!

P

Palladium

Is there a song you hate, or that annoying song everybody's singing and humming?
The "ear worm" as they say?
Well, release your frustration here, just say the song and why you don't like it (yes, this is for songs you can't get out of your head, while you don't like'em)

Well, for me it'd be this song they sing around here, "Delícia" or whatever, the lyrics are dumb and the melody,repetitive

Gizmo

Isn't it Captain Keeta?!
Well almost everyone here hears radio broadcasts about songs of the 70s, 80s, and 90s and alwaaaaays there is this damn song "You're so vain" by Carly Simon and I hate it sooooo muuuuuch. The tune ist supid, the lyrics are stupid, and the singer sounds to me as if she was totally envious of that "You"-person in "You're so vain".

And I hate stuff like that, it's just a piece of crab.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Urgh... Most of the musical genres are things I love to listen to, but those I don't enjoy...whatsoever...tend to get stuck in my head. This includes a few pop songs, mostly from the '90s...and country.

The latter especially. From what I have gathered as I listened to country songs, I dislike the way they're presented. Typically they'll start out with some sort of instrument that I can only make out to be a shrill electric guitar. Then violins will pick up and finally the singer, and to my mild autistic ears it all blends together into a cacophonous din. As a general rule to me, I won't listen to anything if I can't enjoy it. This genre can also come off as indirectly asinine--stating the absolute obvious in perplexing ways--which I as a writer prefer to avoid. And all this getting stuck in my head pretty often, which sharpens my distaste toward it. I remedy this by turning on music that more fits me and drowning out the country music from my mind.

But there are a couple of (semi-?)country artists I like. Number one is Carrie Underwood, because her songs often mirror more contemporary music, such as Home Sweet Home, which is labeled as Country on my iTunes account. Second is Rascal Flatts. Their tracks are a tad bit more country, but they also mix in modern styles (somewhat alternative I should say), which comes off beautifully. Some of their stuff incorporates the qualities I stated prior, but it's done so well that it actually doesn't bother me.

Linkyme

Call me Coco :3
Ugh, that new one from Adelle. what's it called...uh...I think it's called Someone Like You. EVERY STATION PLAYS IT. AGAIN AND AGAIN. EVERYBODY HUMS IT. AGAIN AND AGAIN.
Arrgh!

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
Some song about Friday. It goes like "It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friiiiiiiiiiiiiday...."

Ugh, that new one from Adelle. what's it called...uh...I think it's called Someone Like You. EVERY STATION PLAYS IT. AGAIN AND AGAIN. EVERYBODY HUMS IT. AGAIN AND AGAIN.
Arrgh!
That song is also stuck in my head.

I really hate when it happens, because my brain tends to associate a given song to past events or places that have occurred or I have visited; that includes bad ones. As such, sad songs always seem to get stuck in my head. Well, I guess I am a bit melancholic.

This song will not get out of my head. I don't know why either...

[video=youtube;u2yeNzL7rTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2yeNzL7rTU[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom