• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrulean Civil War RP [Game Thread]

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
" well, considering it's sunrise, I guess we're gonna wait here until Nightfall. and get acquainted more"

Pen

The game is on!
"I agree that we definitely need to make sure not to get spotted. If we are, then we won't stand a chance against the Gerudo troops," Linora says and thinks. "As it is there seem to be two options of crossing the valley; an earth bridge created by Rasul, or the one and only real bridge that's heavily guarded. Crossing on an earth bridge has the advantage of not being as heavily guarded, but it would also make for a very difficult walk since the real bridge is located at the only place along the valley where there's a decent road. Everywhere else is just rocky and very uneven cliffs that make for a very challenging trek for a group of our size..." Linora looks at the party. William, Morten, Rasul, Lann and Riddel. They were an odd gathering to be sure.

"I don't suppose anyone here knows illusion magic?" Linora asks the others.

Pen

The game is on!
"Really now?" The field marshal says and looks at Oron. "Unless you've missed it we're at war with all of the other races of our kingdom. Your service to the crown will be greatly appreciated. Come with me and I'll get you started in the army. I'm sure your smithing abilities can come in handy there as well. What say you?"

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Rasul pulls out a gauntlet out of his backpack, and tosses it to Linora
" Clench your fist and then expand your fingers. if you have any inkling of magic, it should work... but you need a clear mind, and well..."
Rasul takes a puff from his pipe
" I don't"

Oron stared at the field marshall. This wasn't really what he was looking for. Since childhood, he dreamed of being an adventurer's blacksmith. Providing weapons for noble causes. Being a provider for the strong but ill-equipped. He didn't want to make the same boring weapon over and over. Not only that, but he did not understand anything about the war. What if he had to fight people he knew from Kakariko Village? What if he had to betray his conscience? Did he really want to provide so much death to a cause unknown to him? He guessed it wouldn't be appropriate to ask the field marshall these questions. He guessed his dreams of adventure had to die at some point. But how could he involve himself in such a complex situation as war?

"I appreciate the offer," Oron mumbled, "but I need to think about it."

Pen

The game is on!
"Naturally, good sir," the field marshal says. "I will expect to hear from you by tomorrow. And I do hope you make the right choice. I trust you will though. Because otherwise you may end up a wanted man just like these two traitor deserters." He points to a wall of posters. There's one wanted poster for a Linora Braon and another for a William Brann. "They deserted two days ago," the field marshal continues. "They're not here in town, so we assume they're on the run on the field somewhere. Additionally we have reason to believe they let loose a Goron war prisoner from the dungeons. I don't know why I'm telling you all of this. I suppose I'm getting worked up. Anyway, get in touch with me tomorrow when you've made up your mind." He finishes with a stern expression and then walks away.

Pen

The game is on!
Linora looks at the gauntlet in her hand and thinks for a while. "My own magical abilities are nigh non-existent. But if anyone here can use it, it's gotta be you, right Will?" she says and hands him the gauntlet. "Do you think you can make yourself look like something else? Or maybe even make yourself and a couple others look different?"

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Will gingerly toom the gauntlet, "I can try I guess," he thought for a second, then looked at the ground. Where he looked, a small, white, fluffy dog appeared and began running in circles.
Will grinned widely. So that's how it was done.

Oron made his way back to the draw bridge. He realized coming to Castle Town was probably the worst idea he’d ever had. He needed to find out anything he could about the war, from someone he could trust, or maybe he should just be a freelancer. He never really thought that being Hylian would shape his life in such a way. Regardless, he stood outside the drawbridge just looking out into Hyrule field. What choice should he make?

Pen

The game is on!
Disregarding Storm's post Linora looks on with amazement. "That's incredible," she says. "We're lucky Rasul happened to have that on him and that you're such a talented mage, Will. Do you think it would be possible to completely change someone's appearance with that? And if so, how many people?"

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Will decides to experiment a little at thay question. Looking down, he recolors his shirt to be blue. Then, he hides the gloves, showing only his hands.
Glancing at Lann, he makes the Kokiri look like Rasul. As his focus shifts away, however, his shirt turns back to normal and the gloves reappear.
"Cool," he grins, awed at his own abilities.

Pen

The game is on!
"Wow," Linora says with an impressed smile. "This can definitely be useful. I know you're at least somewhat famiar with Gerudo physical traits and Gerudo fashion, but maybe the more detailed faces would prove challenging. At least to maintain several of us at once... But I don't know. What do you think?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom