• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Hyrule Warriors DLC and Patch Information

Hyrule Warriors DLC and Patch information

Patch Information
Koei Tecmo has released first screenshots of the newly revealed playable characters for Hyrule Warriors. As previously mentioned, Cia, Volga, and Wizzro will be added (plus the option to turn off cut-scenes in the menu). They’ll be going live for free in conjunction with a 1.3.0 update on September 30.

DLC Information

Hyrule Warriors Master Quest pack
  • Out on October 16
  • 1,200 yen
  • 1 new scenario
  • 1 new weapon
  • New Adventure Map
  • 2 costumes

Twilight Princess pack
  • Out in November
  • 1,200 yen
  • 1 new character
  • 1 new weapon
  • New Adventure Map
  • 2 new costumes

Majora’s Mask pack
  • Out in January
  • 1,200 yen
  • Two characters
  • New adventure map
  • 3 costumes

Ganon pack
  • Out in February
  • 500 yen
  • 2 new game modes

Koei Tecmo is offering a special promotion for Hyrule Warriors players. The four packs can be pre-ordered for only 3,000 yen. Dark Link will be available as soon as the content is reserved.

Here is what I think the DLC's will contain

• Ocarina pre-order costumes
  • Big Goron Sword possibly

Twilight Princess pack
  • Twilight Princess pre-order costumes
  • The weapon is possibly the Dominion Rod? Or maybe the Spinner, not really sure.
  • Honestly not sure who the character could be. Ashei would be a good choice I think.

Majora’s Mask pack
  • The weapons are possibly the Great fairy sword and/or the Razor/gold sword.
  • Two new Characters? Skull Kid for sure and the other? I think Kafei would be cool.
  • 3 costumes? This could be goron/deku scrub/Zora Link. Or it could be soemthing else like the Fierce Deity Link and 2 others.

Ganon pack
  1. No costumes? Maybe the pre-order bonus got Ganon is really limited to soon after the game is out and that's it.

Also there is no Skyward Sword pack. Which is a shame because the people who are not pre-ordering the Skyward Sword DLC might miss out and also it means there might be no Groose DLC. And we all want to let loose with the Groose. I wonder what the Western Prices for all the DLC will be and if we get bundle pricing for all of the DLC content as well.

Source:
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update.html (in Japanese but still take a lot, lots of screenshots there and a ton of info for anyone who can read it)
http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrul...s-of-the-new-playable-characters-dlc-details/ (Some screenshots of the upcoming playable characters and info in English)

Hopefully Happy Mask Salesman in the Majora package along Skull Kid. TP package leaves no obvious characters since we already have most of the interesting ones ( Zant, Zelda, Midna, Link, Ganondorf and the Bug Princess) Maybe Ooccoo but I can't really envision that. Maybe Hero's Shade as a costume, but could also be the character.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
They're overpriced, IMO. I'll only buy them if the characters are exceptionally interesting. (Like, Lana/Ghirahim level of interesting)

TP character I'm guessing is Ashei.
MM characters... lol Tingle.

Actually, come to think of it, does "New Adventure Map" mean something the scale of the LoZ map in Adventure Mode? If that's the case, then these may be decently priced, since that seems to be a lot of content.

Deeds

no text
Excited for the Majora's Mask pack. Was surprised that the only reference to Majora's Mask, that I've spotted, is the moon. Judging by the direct, Majora's Mask isn't perceived by Nintendo as beloved, haha.
Also, where's Demise? They haven't included him in Smash Bros, and now this. He really needs a feature somewhere.

Almost not surprised we don't get Malon as a playable character along with Groose, especially since she's appeared in at least 3 games herself.
Also since Cia and her partners are playable, will there be dialogue of her hitting on Link?

Mido

Version 1
the8thark said:
Patch Information
Koei Tecmo has released first screenshots of the newly revealed playable characters for Hyrule Warriors. As previously mentioned, Cia, Volga, and Wizzro will be added (plus the option to turn off cut-scenes in the menu). They’ll be going live for free in conjunction with a 1.3.0 update on September 30.

Honestly, this is just perfect! Cia, Volga, and Wizzro should have been in the initial package to begin with, but heck, knowing that they're in the patch is simply awesome!

As for the rest of the DLC, I think that the packs provide in supple measures. The DLC for Warriors games in the past were never as expansive as these, or at least as filled with much content, albeit they were cheaper as expected. For what we're expecting from these packs, I am just about pleased to say that the content may be more than enough to quell the recent qualms/complaints I have harbored about the game before! I'm personally excited! (I guess the only problem is: no Groose, it seems.... D: )

For Majora's Mask pack, I'm going to guess Skull Kid and Fierce Deity. FD is different enough from Link's abilities to deserve his own character and not just a skin.

Hyrule Warriors DLC and Patch information
Also there is no Skyward Sword pack. Which is a shame because the people who are not pre-ordering the Skyward Sword DLC might miss out and also it means there might be no Groose DLC. And we all want to let loose with the Groose. I wonder what the Western Prices for all the DLC will be and if we get bundle pricing for all of the DLC content as well.

Source:
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update.html (in Japanese but still take a lot, lots of screenshots there and a ton of info for anyone who can read it)
http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrul...s-of-the-new-playable-characters-dlc-details/ (Some screenshots of the upcoming playable characters and info in English)

Not sure if you saw it but we get the whole thing priced at $19.99, which is actually an incredibly good deal.

Last edited:
Not sure if you saw it but we get the whole thing priced at $19.99, which is actually an incredibly good deal.

I saw and have already purchased the lot. $19.50 in Australia. (Photo taken by me). And yes this is a very good deal.

9CcoVN1.jpg

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
  • Ocarina pre-order costumes
  • Big Goron Sword possibly

That would suck for those who pre-ordered the game through GameStop. I can just imagine the reactions if that were the case:

"GS Customer Zelda Fan#1: What's the point, I'm already getting that

GS Customer Zelda Fan#2: I know right?

*post game release*

GS Customer Zelda Fan#1: OMG, why? I already have this. wtf?

GS Customer Zelda Fan#2: I know right? I mean, why can't they offer us something we don't have?

GS Customer Zelda Fan#3: Yo, this reminds me of the time they offered codes for the Oracle games as a pre-order bonus for ALBW even though practically almost everyone who pre-ordered already had the games on their 3DS. Not mention anyone get the games on eshop.

GS Customer Zelda Fan#2: I know, so unnecessary right?"

lol

I saw and have already purchased the lot. $19.50 in Australia. (Photo taken by me). And yes this is a very good deal.

Good. It would be sad for a fellow Zelda fan to lose out on this delicious deal.

As for the OoT pack including the OoT preorder costumes, that might be okay if the other costumes that you didn't get came with the other packs.

Message from Aonuma:

[For Customers in the Americas]

Hello to everyone in the Americas. This is Eiji Aonuma, the Supervisor of Hyrule Warriors.
The game is finally available in North America! Did you get a chance to play it yet?

Hyrule Warriors is a fast-paced Dynasty Warriors game filled with unique elements from The Legend of Zelda series. This game was crafted by the developers at Koei Tecmo Games, who are also fans of the Zelda series, so Zelda fans should have a fun time playing this too.

In addition to our hero, Link, you can play as a variety of characters like Princess Zelda, Impa, and Midna, who makes an appearance in The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess, so I hope you'll try them out.

Beyond that, additional downloadable content will become available in Hyrule Warriors after the game launches. The first DLC pack, Master Quest Pack, will be released on October 16.
The details of that pack will be revealed soon, but today, let me give you a sneak peak at an additional weapon.

The new weapon added through the Master Quest Pack is...Epona!

Some of you may be surprised to hear that Epona is a "weapon", but in Hyrule Warriors, she can team up with Link to attack enemies!
I already had a chance to try out Epona in the game. By riding Epona, I was able to blow heards of enemies away and gallop swiftly through the fields, and I had a lot of fun trying out this re-imagined version of her in Hyrule Warriors.
In the Zelda series, players never had a chance to tackle bosses by galloping around them with Epona like in Hyrule Warriors, so I hope fans will enjoy playing as Zelda characters in a game with a different type of action than you typically find in the original series.

In addition to Epona, the DLC will include other content as well, like new scenarios and costumes that will further expand your gaming experience. If you're interested, please check it out in the Nintendo eShop. I hope these download packs will help deepen and expand your adventures in Hyrule Warriors.

zlCfzSet96wwdmYtmt

Source Miiverse via Nintendo everything.
http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-warriors-master-quest-pack-to-include-epona-weapon/

D

Deleted member 14134

God I hope Guru Guru and Shrek become playable soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom