• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How Will We Control the Ocarina?

The ocarina will probably be controlled through the use of the touch screen, microphone, and the directional pad. The touch screen and microphone to hold and play the ocarina, like Spirit Tracks with its Spirit Flute, and the directional pad for the different notes.

would you kill me if I said I would totally love necessarily blowing into the microphone and pressing the buttons at the same time?...It would be so cool in my point of view x)

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
I personally doubt that you will use the touch screen to play the ocarina. When playing the ocarina, you have to cover over more than one hole at a time to get most of the notes out of it, plus, there are thumb holes on the back of it. Considering that you can only touch one thing at a time on the 3DS touch screen, playing the notes on the ocarina would be quite hard on the 3DS. I think that the D-pad would be much easier to use, But who knows, Nintendo could figure out a way to use the touch screen!

CuccoFighter

時間の英雄
I think that we will use the bottom screen. I think it will have the C directions and then you would press the action button for A's like in the song of time.
-CuccoFighter:cucco:

B

brojoe44

i actualy thing it'd be L and R for the higher lower pitches D pad or circle pad for what C buttons did and X for what A did or A because X would be closest to the directional keys

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
According to Nintendo's page on the game, we can infer a few things: One, that the primary control will be the circle pad just as in the N64 it was the analog stick. Two, the map and inventory functions are on the bottom touch screen, freeing up other buttons. Three, the control pad will be basically useless movement-wise.
From these a likely conclusion is that the d-pad will be the most likely way to control the ocarina notes, possibly with other functions as well. But then again we all know how much Nintendo loves its gimmicks. I wouldn't put it past them to make it through the touch screen or mic. Or even some combination with the gyro. They are completely obsessed with gimmicks. Just gotta hope they keep it simple and accessible to the most amount of people.

The blowing into the Mic should be optional. It shouldnt be required. Also, Ill probably play with the buttons, anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom