• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Were You Introduced to Zelda?

Played the original NES game when I was a kid. I as drawn to all the first party Nintendo games back then, like Mario, Metroid, Kid Icarus, etc. There was no reason not to play Legend of Zelda.

I was introduced to Zelda by Super Smash Bros. Melee. It was my 3rd video game ever, and I only bought it because it had Mario AND Pikachu(That was a big deal in my little 7 year old brain)on the cover. You cannot believe how puzzled I was when I saw all those other characters.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
My first run-in with a Zelda game was at my friend's birthday. Someone had filched my Pokemon game out of my DS, so he let me borrow PH. I was hooked within 5 minutes. I bought ST when it came out. By this point I was getting really good and was looking for a challenge. A summer or 2 later (This past one) I bought a Wii and TP. This was the first game I'd played with Adult Link, and from that point on, I was a goner.

when i was younger, my older cousins were really into OoT and they always tried to get me to like it but i thaught it was too hard and it scared me a little. so i became stubborn and ignored zelda completely until i was maybe 14, my friends said i should play Tp. i did. i fell in love, i have played almost all the games now and i constantly am nagged by my cousins about how they tried to get me to play sooner.. the end

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I was a subscriber to Nintendo Power starting in late 1997. I had really only played Mario games up to this point. I read the magazine every month, and got introduced to several interesting video game series. But when Ocarina of Time got closer to release, it got a ridiculous amount of praise. They were talking about the famous Zelda series making a comeback, and everyone was so excited about it. It had high fantasy themes that interested me, and they made the gameplay sound incredible. So, when I had the opportunity, I rented Ocarina of Time from Blockbuster. I only really got past the Deku Tree and into Hyrule Castle, far enough to wake Talon and play around in Lon Lon Ranch, dig around in the graveyard, sell a couple masks... but I was hooked regardless of not being able to progress very far. There was so much to do and explore.

At this point, my mind was made up, and I purchased the game. I haven't regretted it since. I even went and purchased A Link to the Past for my SNES, since I was having trouble finding 3D games that didn't make me feel seasick at that time.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
My best friend was really getting into LoZ. She told me I should try it. I was a little skeptical at first but for her sake I tried it. The first Zelda game I played was Spirit Tracks, borrowed from my friend, and I beat that in about 2 weeks. At the same time I started to try Twilight Princess but did not get very far because I was too distracted with Spirit Tracks. Then I decided this was kinda fun but was not too much into it. My friend then had just bought OoT for the 3DS and after she was done I gave it a go. (I beat it just before she had to go back home, which is a few states away from me. She had been visiting me and the state I live in for a month.)
For my birthday, she sent me Phantom Hourglass (along with ALttP and the original LoZ but I have not beaten them yet) which I easily beat in a week. For Christmas my friend and I both got Skyward Sword and we played it together over the fun. By now I absolutely adore Zelda and have sooooooo much fun with it. Right now I am working on Twilight Princess again and hope to one day play some of the other games.

My father kicked my mother and I out of our house when I was 4, so we moved in with my grandparents. I loved my grandpa to death and spending time with him was my favourite thing in the world. One day he brought home a new game called Wind Waker, he was so excited because he had played every Zelda game since the very first game came out. I ran up, sat on his lap and played Zelda for the very first time. To this day, he and I still play every new Zelda game that comes out together :)

I saw my brother playing Majora's Mask and it was love at first sight. Then he got Ocarina of Time, then A Link to the Past for GBA, then I got Minish Cap and Wind Waker but I don't remember which one I got first. After either MC or WW is when I became a Zelda fan, and I couldn't wait for Twilight Princess to come out.

well i was born in 92 and me and my 2 older cousins all got n64s so naturally we all got ocarina of time when it came out however at the time i was more used to playing games like super mario 64, bomberman, and star fox 64 so when i got ocarina of time for my 6th birthday i was quite surprised and my older cousins made absolute sure i got into the game and the series

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
When I was very young, my brothers had a Super Nintendo Entertainment System, and I saw my oldest brother playing A Link to the Past and I asked if I could try it. And another thing to add my brothers also had a Nintendo 64, which had Ocarina of Time, thus being the first Zelda game that I beat. My addiction started. On my 8th birthday, I had gotten a Black Gamecube. I loved that thing as if it we're my own child, and I still have it to this day. I was going through Gamestop and saw Wind Waker as a best-seller title so I just had to get it. This truly started my massive addiction of Zelda. :)

Hmmm... I don't really remember. I think it was my friend maybe is when I first heard about it... But when I first started playing it was when I picked up a zelda manga(oot) and I read it. In the back it said that 'this book is based off a video game for the N64' After that I spent a couple of months trying to get a N64 and OOT. I played through it and have played most zelda games now ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom