• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Were You Introduced to Zelda?

When I was 3 and my older brother was 5 (in 1997) we got a nintendo 64 with a bunch of games including Oot. We probably played Oot more than any other game except maybe Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart. I don't remember if we ever beat it though. Then we bought MM when it came out and played the heck out of that; don't think we beat that either.

Once the gamecube and playstation 2 came out we bought those. I rented WW when it came out because my parents didn't want to spend more money on games. I probably didn't buy it until 2006.Then I got a Wii for Christmas of 2006 and got Twilight Princess. What's funny is that my mom didn't know that my dad had gotten us a Wii so she bought me Twilight Princess for the gamecube. I played and beat the gamecube version first because I didn't really like the Wii all that much when we first got it Then I got an Xbox 360 for Christmas of 2007 and played that for like 2 years without playing very much zelda at all.

This is where my realization for my love for zelda started. After playing all of my xbox 360 games I decided that I needed a break from all the super realistic games so I decided to play zelda again. Ironically I chose to play Twilight Princess on the Wii. I played through the whole game without playing anything else. I loved it. I was finally old enough to understand the story and actually think about the puzzles. Then I played through WW next, beating it in a few days. Next I played through Ocarina of Time (gamecube Collector's Edition version) and beat it. Majora's Mask (gamecube Collector's Edition version) came next, after beating it I had decided that this was my favorite zelda game. Ever since then I have been playing zelda non-stop; so much so that at any given time there is at least one zelda game in progress. I got Skyward Sword last Christmas and played it, but I had to stop in the middle of it because my brother and I switch between the Wii and the Xbox 360 every couple of months. When I got the Wii back I played through SS without stopping.

Two days ago I bought a Nintendo 64, now I can play Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask in their original forms, I'm so excited.

I plan on eventually owning every zelda game in their original versions.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I was on a flea market in Belgium when I saw OoT and MM at one of those more organized game sellers. I had my N64 for half a year and I could remember a small article about OoT in a computer/games magazine for kids (compukids, sadly not existing anymore). So I convinced my parents, I wanted to buy the game which was in fact my first purchase in Euros. One of the best game purchases I ever made even though I barely understood the english text in the game (especially the deku tree with his old english words >.<).

My uncle was a big fan of Zelda and so were my cousins. I saw my Cousin playing Link's Awakening on his Game Boy(original) then I played and loved it. Then my grandparents bought a NES at a garage sale with alot of other Nintendo games and LoZ was in there and my uncle helped me get to the first dungeon and I was hooked completely from that point on.

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
This will take long so 1. I read manta and found the legend of zelda ones and loved them.
2. I bought links crossbow training(which I suck at) and twilight princess.
3. Found zeldadungeon and beat the third dungeon.
4. Watched walkthroughs for the original,Aol,oot, and mm.
5. Played minish cap,four swords gameboy, a link to the past but have barely started them and then lost them :(
6. Became completely obsessed with zelda.
So there ya have it!

I actually have two introductions, hence my user name. First, I was 12 in 1985 when my neighbor got an NES and eventually the original Legend of Zelda, with the full fold out map to look at. I wasn't the best at it, but we had a lot of fun. He never did get the second game, and moved away a few years after that. I never had an NES, and didn't play an SNES until around 1994 when I started dating my now wife, as her family had one. They did not have any Zelda games either. Since I studied Computer Science in college, I played more games on a computer and had little interest in the consoles. I've barely touched an N64. Once my daughters started getting older, we rediscovered my wife's SNES and that led to us getting a Gamecube. Still no Zelda yet. Not until we got them each a DS. They were the special themed ones, one got a Nintendogs one with a paw print on it, and the other got the one that came with Phantom Hourglass and the tri-force emblem on the DS. That is where I started playing Phantom Hourglass because I remembered how much I enjoyed the original Zelda. I enjoyed that game so much I started looking for other older games. So Phantom Hourglass was my second introduction that really got me into the games. I've spent the last 4 years working my way through all the older games when not playing new ones, mostly through getting used Gamecube games or dowloading through the WII. I am playing Four Swords on my 3DS right now. After that, I have only Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, and Minish Cap. Minish Cap I might be able to find at a used game store nearby, and Link's Awakening I can download through the 3DS. I really hope they release the Oracle games on the 3DS for download, as I don't plan on trying to get a Game Boy Color to play them, and those would be the only two left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom