• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much Light Do You Like to Have in the Room when Playing Games?

How much light do you like to have in the room when playing games?

• A lot of light. I fell like I'm outside!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Much light. All the light that come through the window without a curtain.

• A good amount of light. I have a curtain but don't cover all the window with it.

• Little light. I leave the curtain covering all the window, but some ligh still pass through it.

• No light. I use a blackout curtain.

• Total voters

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Depending on the time of day, I normally like dim lights when i'm playing my games on my Wii. The glare on the TV can be too much, so it's hard to see. At night, i'll turn on a lamp so that it's not completely dark. I still need to be able to find my way around the room. :P

With my DS, it's a different story. I prefer to play it in the dark as with the Wii, the glare of the light on the screen is far too much to bear.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I chose the third option, I just like it like that most of the time. Too much light can cause a glare, or too little light can seem like the TV is just way to bright.

Kybyrian

I don't care how much light I have in the room when I'm playing a game. As long as there is no glare that really obstructs how much I can see on the screen then I'm okay. That tends to be a problem in my living room as long as I sit on one side of the TV, which is the side that I prefer. I can play with the lights on, sun through the window, and whatever else in the room or no lights on at all from anywhere; I'm fine with playing either way.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I voted for little light. In the day time, I usually have the lights off and blinds shut. It's enough to see what I'm doing and I don't get any glare from the windows. Plus, I'm more focused on the game than what's around me if the lights are off.

If it's nighttime, it depends on how I'm feeling. Sometimes if I feel like being comfy, I shut the lights off, get in my pjs, sit under a blanket in my special video games chair and listen to my ipod (Unless I'm playing Zelda or Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, because I'd rather listen to the game in that case :P). Sometimes though, I keep them off if I don't wanna play in the dark. It all depends.

But just like when watching movies, I get more into it with the lights OFF.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I usually don't have my lights on when I play a game. I only turn the lights on once it's starts to get harder for me to see. But now that I have new curtain it'll probably change.

Me neither. I prefer to play without the lights on. Sometimes it can be real tough to see anything on my tv so I turn out as many lights as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom