• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How Many Tries Did It Take You to Beat Phantom Ganon, then Ganon?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
To this day I find Phantom Ganon to be a LOT more difficult than Ganondorf. I'm pretty sure I died like 10 times before beating PG the first time. Even my most recent attempt just a few months ago, I had 2/3 fairies and I still died a horrible death. With Ganondorf, I probably only died once or twice. Sure, you do the same thing with both bosses, but I find the way things aork to be quite different. PG moves around constantly, it seems like his spellls move faster, and because he moves around, there's no set timing for when you need to swing your sword.

I agree. I also think his "energy tennis ball" is strangely more difficult to hit than Ganondorf's. Rather than it being a single "ball," it's a bit more like scattered energy, and it seems to move a little more irregularly as well...

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I don't remember ever dying while fighting them, but that doesn't mean I never have. Back when I first got the game I might have, I don't know. I don't really remember, that was a long time ago. As far back as I can remember, they didn't really give me too much trouble. The one thing I do remember from my first go though, is dying in Ganon's Castle while it was collapsing. I was like... 11 at the time, wasn't much of a gamer yet. And not the... uh... *cough*pro*cough* I am now.

Phantom took me 3 times on my first run, Ganondorf only one. There is a significant difference between the two. Depending on the way you play the amount of hearts is different as well as experience. As you said even after finishing the game it is difficult to fight Phantom. But of course they arent the same, the paintings are of course the main difference and something that can cost you when fighting him. Both are great bossfights however.

I actually fought Phantom Ganon yesterday on my current OoT play-through. I still have as much trouble with him now as I ever have...I find shooting him out of the paintings in the first phase incredibly awkward, even though I don't die..as I stay on the triforce symbols. It just takes forever. As far as the Gannondorf phase of the final fight, I don't typically have TOO much trouble with it, but the first few times I played through I did tend to mis-time the ping pong game. Ganon (the pig thing) was pretty easy every time I've done it, as I always get the Biggoron Sword and use the roll through the legs method.

S

sheikahninja

Im not going to lie, but Phantom Ganon was positively evil. It took me three times to beat him. :mad:

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Surprisingly, I found them both very easy. I got him on my first try. On the bosses everyone seems to think are easy, I fumble with. Like Barnade and the Water Temple boss, gave me more trouble than the two Ganondorf bosses. I think the back and forth motion sword hitting thing is rather easy once you get the rhythm. Truth be told, I found it hard to detect a change difficulty level for between Phantom Ganondorf and Ganondorf. I think it also depends on a lot of things.
Like in the first round of Twilight Princess, Puppet Zelda's energy balls and attacks were pretty easy to deflect. However, on my third or fourth playthrough, I could not for the life of me hit her. She kept avoiding me and I actually died.
I didn't know about fairies either in OoT, but I did know about potions. I thought fairies were just there for decoration.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I think I had one fairy on Phantom Ganon, and Ganon (not Ganondorf) took me a couple tries because I kept running out of magic for Light Arrows! Then I found that Ganon can knock the pillars down and BAM! Magic pouches!

It took me many attempts before i killed PG.
Id say six tries before i finally killed him.

The hardest bit is getting the timing right when hitting his bullets back.
This the part where i die regular.

Ganon at the end of the game is far easier.
I beat him near every time.

The Silence

Silence will Fall
It took me quite a few times to beat Phantom Ganon, simply because I couldn't get the rhythm. I beat Ganondorf and Ganon the first time though, strangely, Ganondorf was much easier to get the rhythm, although this may be because by that time I had the Biggoron Sword.

ZeldaDungeon

Dungeoneer
It took me about 3 tries, I was tired on the first try so i wasnt really dodging much, the second time I got caught off gaurd a few times, last time I knew what was coming to I breezed through him.

Easy, Peas-y, lemon squeez-y. Heh, I beat him on the first try. Oddly, I started the battle with just a few hearts, so I pulled out a fairy to recover hearts while simultaneously trying to figure out what to do
(to defeat him). During, that time after using the fairy, I left the bottle equipped, and that led to me hitting the blast back at him, so yeah; very odd way to figure out about the bottle easter egg, eh?

Hmm, Phantom Ganondorf, then Ganon?

Geez it was so long ago (the FIRST time I played OOT) I don't have an exact number....BUT I do recall it taking me longer to beat Phantom Ganon than Ganondorf. I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that Ganondorf did pretty much the same thing Phantom Ganon did. Since I'd played Phantom Ganon so much more, I was well prepared to do away with Ganondorf. But Phantom Ganon gave me a heck of time back in the day lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom