• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Dungeons?

How many dungeons will Skyward Sword have?

• <4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-6

• 7-9

• 10+

• Total voters

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Since we'll be visiting dungeons over again, who's to say that we won't be seeing new bosses each time we revisit?

Yes, he theme of the second time we revisit the dungeon, could be slightly different for all we know.

The Sky Temple's second visit could lead you to an area called the Ground Temple for all we know, but man, that would be damn awesome.

New bosses each time would be really cool, as long as the bosses provide a perfect balance of fun, not being cheap, smart processes to beat, and challenge.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I get the feeling that the reason they've been stressing that the overworld is like one big dungeon is to make up for a slightly lower number of regular dungeons. I'm thinking six or eight.

I think Nintendo learned their lesson with Twilight Princess and its tedious 9 temples. For Skyward Sword I estimate 6-7 very large temples with a final temple at the end. But I think anywhere between 5 and 8 is feasible. The number of temples will hopefully depend on the time and work done between each temple and the amount of sidequests in the game. With the inclusion of the Siren World and the overworld like a dungeon, I'm guessing there will be a good amount of gameplay between temples.

We've already seen three temples. There's the Sky Temple, the Fire Temple, and a Mechanical Temple that are all most likely in the final game but subject to change. Also, there's been a desert area shown, a forest area that may lead to the Sky Temple or a separate temple, and the highly likely inclusion of a Water Temple. That's 3-6 temples right there.

I'll go ahead and vote for 7-9 because I find it most likely for there to be 6-8 temples and a final temple with a fight with Ghirahim or a secret villain at the end. I'm anxious for the final product. Any number of temples is alright with me as long as they're well-made. And it seems so with Skyward Sword being pushed back an extra year for development and refinement purposes. That's my two cents.

Last edited:
Skyward Sword Dungeons and my Opinions

Well to me it doesn't really matter how many there are as I am much more concerned with them being memorable and challenging. Nintendo has already stated that you will be able to go back to many previous locations and use newer items to find other treasures and such. I'm not fully sure but I believe they said that about the dungeons too so I'm looking forward to that! I'd be happy with three or four dungeons if they were really big and perhaps having to go into them a second time with a new item to unlock another part of the dungeon which, in the end will lead you to a new area of the overworld. I think that would be interesting because it hasn't been done before.

That said I do believe that Skyward Sword will include a large sum of dungeons. Perhaps seven or eight. I'm not completely sure since Nintendo said Skyward Sword was going to be different.

I'm sure that they won't let us down with the game and I look forward to it. Again, I'd like to say thank you to Nintendo for taking there time with this game instead of rushing it. High Five to Nintendo and as always...

Game On fellow gamers!

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Didn't they say the overworld is like a huge dungeon? In that case, I'm not sure how to count anymore.

If you're referring to indoor temples, then probably like 6-8, though there might be more "dungeons".

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm gonna say seven to nine, but that's just my opinion. It doesn't seem like too little dungeons, but at the sane time doesn't make it kinda seem like it's making the game stretch out too long, does that make sense?

9 is typically the limit for Zelda games. TP had 9 (including Hyrule Castle). OoT had 9 (excluding Ganon's Castle). The original game had 9. I could go on with a couple more, but 9 is actually a lot in Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom