• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Dungeons?

How many dungeons will Skyward Sword have?

• <4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-6

• 7-9

• 10+

• Total voters

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Bill Trinen said that players would be impresed by the scope of the world below the clouds 0_o

Does this mean a lot of dungeons? Maybe...

Just something about Nintendo's "more dense" statement;
Nintendo never said there will be less dungeons, even saying it's shorter is your own interpretation. Not to mention that Nintendo seems to be contradicting themselves lately.
First they said the game will "not be as big as TP, but more in-depth"; this does not necessarily mean it's shorter, and it especially does not mean less dungeons, seeing as Bill Trinen called this the biggest Zelda game to date, and Aonuma and Miyamoto still not having finished the game. It's also supposed to be the most content-filled Zelda game yet.
The thing is, Nintendo has been contradicting themselves lately, so quoting any of their statements about the 'size' of the game is debatable.

On topic, I think it'll be very hard to say how many dungeons this game will have, specifically because of the 'formula-mixup'. I think there'll be many places or instances in the game where it's just not clear if you're in a dungeon. I also think there will be many optional mini-dungeons. To just name a number, I think there'll be 6-7 traditional dungeons, maybe 5.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I hope it's 10 or more, but I recall early on Nintendo stating that there would be fewer Dungeons/ Temples than before. They said we'd need to rely on the tools we had to get into new areas. So I'm thinking it'll pretty much be a huge overworld, but we'll need certain weapons to enter those vicinities.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I think there will be around 7-9 dungeons in the game. When I think of any Zelda game, this is what I think in terms of how many dungeons there will be in the game. I like dungeons, so the higher dungeons would be better for me, but I think they'll stick with seven dungeons in this game. They'll reuse some old dungeon themes, and bring back many new ones like we have seen from trailers and more.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
In quite a few of the Zelda games there are 8 dungeons and the final bosses lair (9 total). Here is list with how many dungeons each game has.

LoZ 9
Zelda 2 7
ALttP 12
LA 9
OoT 9
MM 4
OoA 9
OoS 9
WW 7 (8 if you count both trips to the Forsaken Fortress)
MC 6
FS 4
TP 9
PH 8
ST 6

As you see most the games have 7 or more, and 9 is the most commonly reoccurring number. Seeing as there will probably be less, There will probably 8 or less. I am hoping for 8 or 9.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
12 Dungeons in SS

So here's a post about how some are speculating that SS will have 12 dungeons, judging off the Box Art.

I think it's completely impossible (though it would be awesome), I'd say more like 6 dungeons. The reason for me not thinking 12 dungeons would be possible is because Nintendo said you would revisit dungeons, and that they would be 'huge experiences. I can't see 12 'huge experiences'. I'd rather see 6 well done dungeons, with great bosses, items, and length.

So anyway, I made this thread to take this discussion away from the Box Art thread here: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?21949-The-Box-Art...

Post away!

Last edited:
G

Goroff

I think there will be between 6 and 8.........but i cant complain, this game is going to be the best zelda :D

and ur signature is better than mine

So here's a post about how some are speculating that SS will have 12 dungeons, judging off the Box Art.

I think it's completely impossible (though it would be awesome), I'd say more like 6 dungeons. The reason for me not thinking 12 dungeons would be possible is because Nintendo said you would revisit dungeons, and that they would be 'huge experiences. I can't see 12 'huge experiences'. I'd rather see 6 well done dungeons, with great bosses, items, and length.

So anyway, I made this thread to take this discussion away from the Box Art thread here: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?21949-The-Box-Art...

Post away!

PS: What do you guys think of my Sig?

I think I agree with you. 12 seems like a little much for how the gameplay has been described up to this point.

However...I did some quick analysis of those outer symbols on the box and the possibilities of them representing dungeons. Honestly, I could find very few data points and very little evidence to support it, but you can see what I've done in the image below.

The only thing I could find to support it was that one of the symbols looks extremely similar to the symbol seen all over the Fire Temple from the trailers. The Sky Temple has an obvious symbol, but it is not seen on the box; which means either 1) the box symbols are unrelated to the dungeons, 2) the sky temple symbol can not be seen on the box in its current state, or 3) the sky symbol is not what I think it is.

Since there are not a lot of screenshots from other dungeons, there is not a lot of data to use, but if others have anything to add or correct to this, please fell free to do so.

In my honest opinion, I DO NOT think the symbols represent the dungeons, but I never rule out anything until the proof is presented.

Attachments

• Symbols on Boxart.jpg
    Symbols on Boxart.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 27

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I honestly don't think that there will be that many dungeons in Skyward Sword. I believe Nintendo said somewhere that this will be a shorter game but with a lot of detail and other things to do in it. I believe this will mean longer and more expansive dungeons and overworld. So basically this will be the opposite of Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess had a lot of dungeons but not that much to them. I believe Skyward Sword will have more expansive dungeons with a lot more to do in them.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I honestly think they were referring to the size of the overworld and not the length of the game, since Aonuma and Miyamoto said it was so big they haven't finished it.

Bunny Hood

Everyone's Favorite Mask
since this is a 3d (not overhead view,) i say the dungeons will be very much like OoT and TP.

by previews i can :Dconfirm:D there will be:

sky temple(official name):xd:

fire dungeon

forest dungeon

sand dungeon

i am pretty sure there will be water, shadow, and light dungeons, but there are not many (if any) signs of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom