• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Dungeons?

How many dungeons will Skyward Sword have?

• <4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-6

• 7-9

• 10+

• Total voters
G

Goroff

I think there will be 7. It was said that we will be going back to dungeons to explore them when we have new items and we will be coming back to them, so for that reason I think 7 max, maybe even just 5 or 6

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I said around 8. I picked that option because we know that there is the Sky temple, the lava temple, that electricity and colour place, and I think we can asume that there will be a desert dungeon because of the desert shown in the GDC trailer. Also, we've seen that a Oxygen meter apears when Link goes in Water. I think we can asume that there will be a water tunic or something to breathe underwater and a water temple.

So that's 5, so I bet there will be a few more, so 8 :D

7-9 seems realistic. I have a feeling the dungeons will be bigger than ever, not to say filled with puzzles, enemies and content. As has been said before, there will be dungeon-backtracking, so I don't think there will be as many as OoT or TP had. And I wouldn't even mind that.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
When you consider that Skyrim will have over 150 dungeons, 10 dungeons is nothing!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
When you consider that Skyrim will have over 150 dungeons, 10 dungeons is nothing!

Skyward Sword is going to be "shorter, but more in-depth." That means 10 is way out the window. I mean, the only Zelda game to have 10 dungeons is ALttP, and that was quite a long game. And comparing dungeon amounts in Zelda to another game doesn't really help this argument, as it's not about comparing it to other games, but with Zelda games.

Edit: OoT actually had 10 dungeons if you count Ganon's Castle.

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
Skyrim's dungeons don't really compare to Zelda Dungeons. As we've seen in Oblivion, they're normally just a few rooms, and they're pretty similar to each other.

Anyway, 7-9 is the reasonable number of dungeons for a Zelda title. I believe A Link to the Past was the only game that surpassed the limit.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
The fact that the developers said that there would be less dungeons/temples, but the game would be more dense, makes we want to think there would be more than one less dungeon/temple than TP. Twilight Princess has Forest, Fire, Water, Desert, Snow/Ice, Temple of Time, City in the Sky, Palace of Twilight and Hyrule Castle. That's like 9 dungeon/temples altogether. Though, Snowpeak Ruins isn't really so much a temple, just considered one. City of the Sky could be considering the same. They still count, for what this is worth though.

So, we have 9 dungeons/temples, and depending on how you look at it, Palace of Twilight and Hyrule Castle may count as 2, 1 or 0. That said, I believe they were intended to be thought of as 1 or 2 dungeons. So, I will say that, in the end, I believe there will be either 6 or 7 dungeons.

I'll even make my predictions on what they will be:

Sky Temple (Obvious)
Forest
Fire
Water
Desert (Possibly Wind Style)
Mechanical Dungeon (Already pretty much saw it)

So, those are the six I think we can count on seeing. I also think there could be one more dungeon/temple, and actually think there's a decent chance at it. My guess for the final area, would be something like "The Dark Tribe Headquarters/Hideout". It seems like an interesting idea, to have a temple with about 3-5 boss battles as the final area, and then having the King of Darkness in charge. Perhaps this could be the Temple of Time. Maybe this would be the area where the Master Sword actually appears.

skybird11

state alchemist
most home console titles have around 6+ dungeons. im going to say 7-9 though because it seems more realsitic for a home console game.

I have a feeling that there are going to be about 7 dungeons. Now it looks like SS has huge dungeons and you have to go back to them later in the game. There shouldn't be 12 dungeons like in ALttP and there shouldn't be 4 dungeons like in MM.

Pretty simple. How many dungeons are going to be in the game? I'm banking on about 8. That served WW and TP well.

Hmm...sounds about right, in my opinion (maybe 7?). There's most likely going to be the obvious "starter dungeons" that most Zelda games have; there's usually about 3 of those (forest, fire, water). I personally think that when considering the amount of dungeons, one should take the "change in the traditional flow" into account. I would also take into consideration the "shorter but more dense" thing, as it was stated that SS would be shorter in terms of physical places but more dense (perhaps more things to do in a given place)... :thinking:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom