• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How is C.O.D Better Than LOZ

Hanyou

didn't build that
Fair enough. While writing this I thought of Wind Waker, which did have an incredible and very well realized art direction. Minish Cap had a very similar style that took advantage of everything that the GBA had to offer. Both games still hold up very well by today's standards. However I failed to actually mention those two games in my post. I will agree that both of those games are very beautiful in terms of direction and style.

I get it. Thanks for clarifying. I largely agree, though I would also like to add that I personally love OoT, MM, PH, ST, and SS's art direction as well.

But yes, as far as tech is concerned, consoles pale in comparison to PCs. Which is always why fanboy arguments about which console has superior hardware just look ridiculous to me.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
COD is basically run around shoot as many people as you can before they shoot you, with very little strategy involved, sorta like ssbb

There is way more strategy involved in CoD than there is in any Zelda game, You never have to co-ordinate bomb plants, flag captures or call out positions of enemy players. Makes me wonder if you have played any CoD at all?

I've played a small amount of C.O.D

oh, that explains it never mind.

If you have a conversation with a Zelda fan he can why a game is good or bad, meanwhile if you have a conversation with cod fan he will tell that game sucks or oh that games for babies but if you start to criticize COD he will shut you down you can't talk to them about it, that's my experience.

First of all I don't even understand what you said about the Zelda fan?
Second, about the CoD fans, that is a huge generalization, I myself am a CoD fan and never talk like that about other games and have never met anyone that behaves like that.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Like I said the COD I played was an old one, United Offensive on the PC released back in 2004, and when I played it I really didn't use that much strategy, I mean when I played I was a brainless kid who had very limited experience playing video games, I only played 1 mission... I'm pretty sure it was a demo. :D
To clarify my miss typing... What I meant by my talking to Zelda fans, you can talk to them get their opinion on different games you can agree or disagree, hold a small grudge and then move on and talk about something else. I haven't had that experience with COD fans. Then again I have talked to few, I have seen more online conversations that other people have had with COD fans and they are like the kind I described so... that led me to say what i said. I don't mean to imply that there aren't COD fans out there who you can't hold a normal conversation on video games with I just haven't seen many.

Last edited:

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Well, I'd have to say that Zelda is by far better. If it weren't for Zelda, 3d games(and games in general) wouldn't be how they are today. COD is basically all the same, whereas Zelda does try to mix up the series, sometimes for good and others for bad. Saying COD has done nothing is kind of an overstatement though. COD sells better and has a bigger fanbase then pretty much every series. COD didnt make the FPS game genre what it is(Halo did), but COD has improved on it.

cod is a joke in my opinion a long with all the fifa, nfl, and nba games. the reason is is because its literally just the same game over and over again with little changes yet they release a new one yearly and charge 60 bucks for the damn thing.

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
My opinion on the matter:
I like zelda better than COD but don't have a problem with it. What I do have a problem with is EVERYONE HATING ON GAMES B/C THEY ARE NOT LIKE THEIR FAV GAME!!! (Seriously,all gamers should shut up about this game is stupid(unless it is) or its for babies and just enjoy the games they like)(also,the stereotype cod fans are hatred on all other video games is not ALWAYS true. Its sometimes true,b/c some cod fans do talk like that. I have a friend who likes cod but doesn't hate on zelda when I talk to him about it)

Last edited:
Why can't we all just get along? COD is a totally different series than Zelda. End of story. You can argue about it til the end of time, but different games appeal to different people. I enjoy watching my brother play COD and have started a file for myself, but I also have fallen in love with the Zelda series. I can enjoy both. Both have good points and bad points.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I would have to say it isn't better than Zelda. CoD has guns, which makes it lose by default in my book. ;p

Other than the fact that I hate guns, CoD is basically the same-old-same-old, while the Zelda franchise is constantly evolving. It's better for a franchise to be constantly evolving becaus there's a lot more creativity. CoD can stay the same and still make tons of money, though, and if you ask me, it's because CoD is built on guns and violence. People these days seem to be obsessed with that kind of thing, so naturally it's going to sell better than a game that isn't. However, Zelda still sells well and it doesn't have all those things people these days have an unhealthy obsession over. If you ask me, Zelda takes the cake for that.

And let me say this right now: Just because a series is more successful and sells better does not mean it is of better quality. That is certainly true in this case.
I 100% agree with you, I too hate guns so its the same for me.

While CoD has better graphics, graphics don't matter IMO. I can still have fun with my NES and SNES with 8 bit and 16 bit graphics.

cod is a joke in my opinion a long with all the fifa, nfl, and nba games. the reason is is because its literally just the same game over and over again with little changes yet they release a new one yearly and charge 60 bucks for the damn thing.
If you don't buy the games, how do you know it's always the same? (because it isn't)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Hehe i was playing OOT at the age of 8, it was my first zelda game i have loved it for years, though majora's mask piques OOT for the story alone. As it is C.O.D is a FPS which are in most cases complete crap (C.O.D being a prime example). with FPS they tend to overuse certain elements, not to say zelda hasn't but at least zelda find innovative ways for them, whereas C.O.D is just a point and aim type of game which makes it complete crap. Zelda has never been a strictly child's game, it is aimed at families on the whole (though my kids won't touch MM till 11 - 12) whereas C.O.D is aimed at the recently trending violent psychopathic children of today, i was born in the 90's and i am well aware this doesn't give me the right to say this. but christ these modern games are complete bollocks when it comes to the story, i can just about put up with Halo and that's just because of the parasitic threat in Halo 1-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom