• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Alttp Temple

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
i know i am not the most qualified to ask this question, considering i am stuck in the skull woods, but i am fighting the boss, loing magic rapidly, i need to bring green potions next time... but so far the skull woods is the hardest temple in my opinion... i also beat blind already, i got the titans mitt as soon as i could, and thought "might as well finish" but i kept getting knocked down by gibdos and wallmasters... 2-d wallmasters suck, i cant see their shadow, so i keep getting taken...

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Skull Woods is typically considered the second-hardest dungeon in the game... right after Ganon's Tower. Some people say that Turtle Rock is the second-hardest because they get confused about how to use the Cane of Somaria, but I disagree with that school of thought.

Skull Woods would probably be considered to have the most convoluted layout, while Ganon's Tower probably has the toughest enemies, including repeat battles of the first three bosses.

It's definitely up there, especially if you haven't beaten it before.

Well, I think it would have to be the Skull Woods. I just beat the game today, I went through Ganon's Tower easily. I needed the ZD walkthrough for Skull Woods because I wouldn't think of having to fall through holes in the ground to get inside a dungeon. Other than that, Skull Woods was still pretty easy.

Austin

Austin
Whatever the fifth one was called. I kept running out of magic and all of the sliding about on the ice..... torture.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
Umm,not to be rude or anything,but shouldn't this be in the classic zelda section.It says under classic zelda that it's for the games LoZ,AoL,Alttp.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Whatever the fifth one was called. I kept running out of magic and all of the sliding about on the ice..... torture.

The Ice Palace? Oh, yeah... that one could have been tough if you didn't have a lot of Blue Potions on hand. I'd say it easily makes number 3, but then again I always got lucky and chose the right route by accident in there, so I might be underrating it.

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
Umm,not to be rude or anything,but shouldn't this be in the classic zelda section.It says under classic zelda that it's for the games LoZ,AoL,Alttp.
well, i really wasnt sure, i only have the gameboy version that ceme with four swords, so i figured it would be pocket zelda...

Z

ZeldaIsTheBest

I dont think any of the dungeons are hard but either ganon's tower or woods dungeon are the hardest (even if they aren't that hard)

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
I found Ganon's Tower to be quite long and difficult, although the Desert Palace had those annoying beamos statues which caused me to die a lot. To be honest, I found it easy since I played it on an emulator, so I abused save states. D:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well, as LttP is the game I played most by far, I cannot say that any dungeon is very hard for me. If I had to choose from my current perspective, I'd say it's the ice dungeon (not counting Ganon's Tower) because I really hate ice physics. Magic isn't that much of a problem because I always have 1/2 magic before entering that level and those green duck-thingies drop a lot of jars.
But on my earlier playthroughs, it was definitely Skull Woods. I searched for ages for that spot on the map where the crystal was after being halfway through the "pre-dungeon" before I realized that you had to go through the dungeon and exit somewhere else to gain access to the "main dungeon". And it had a lot of unneccessary rooms.
So nowadays Skull Woods is one of the easiest dungeons for me. I usually get the lvl 3 or even lvl 4 sword before even entering because you don't need the fire rod until Turtle Rock (you can use Bombos for everything in the ice dungeon that would require the fire rod). And nowadays of course I know exactly what I'm doing, so here's how to beat it in 5-15 minutes, depending on how fast you are, especially at the boss (spoilers ahead!):
Code:
Enter left skull, go up, get boss key, go down, leave.
Enter right skull, bomb over to big chest, grab fire rod, leave.
Enter left skull again, go some rooms to the left, grab small key there, leave through other exit there.
Enter main dungeon, skip the key, linear progression, fight boss. 
Done.

T

Triforce Hero

For me the hardest dungeon would be the Ice Palace, I just kept getting lost in it on my first few playthroughs. Especially since you have to keep going round the dungeon to complete it.

I've never beat A Link to the Past but I owned the GBA version for a while and I got stuck in the ice palace. I would try it again but i don't have a GBA and I can't stand using the keyboard to play games in emulators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom