• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Graphics

Kybyrian

For future reference, all OoT 3DS threads should be located in the Portable Zelda section.

I'm moving this thread for now. I'm guessing this is praising the graphics of the game, so we could make this thread about the game's graphics, yes?

Let's do it.

OotLord1003

Young Link
Yeah, It looks pretty great.
They look like them from Super Smash bros melee.
I'm really happy that their doing this! I wonder what sheik will look like?

linkman8

True and Noble
This does look like a cool game, as far as the graphical upgrades have gone, but I'll just assume that they've added more things into the game as well, similar to Master Quest.
Problem is: Have to get a 3DS.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I agree, the picture looks great, but I think it is a little cartoony, I kinda liked the more realistic version. But you are right, Hyrule Field is in it's beauty in this picture.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Would you rather have it darker and grittier then? I wouldn't. Bolder colour schemes add so much more atmosphere to a game (think WW dungeons), and, especially with OoT, it also reminds more more of my childhood than a more realistic OoT ever could- after all, when you're a child everything looks brighter and more beautiful... maybe Nintendo were trying to capture this, idk. Either way, I like it they way they've done it :3

And I smiled so much when I saw Young Link... the changes they've made to him are absolutely brilliant =D He looks so... rounded now. Polished. Complete. I love it.

Last edited:

David

But you called me here...
I too love the new graphics and textures in the remake for OoT. One of the best games of the series is finally becoming beautiful and improved to match the gaming standards of this generation of games!

This video gives you a nice comparison between the original version and the 3D version. Personally i love the vibrant colors of the new one. OoT looks much more alive and Link looks great! The graphics are not really pushing the system though and I don't like that some areas don't look that different, but I still love the new redesign. The game does look pretty sharp aswell. They've kept the design pretty faithful to the original one. The nostalgic feel is great aswell. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6mUcTDUEfY

Kazumi

chagy
I think that so far the game looks really nice. You can even see a difference in the screen shots from E3 to the most recent press conference. It definitely looks a lot better then the original version. However, one thing that I do not like is that they have done little to no work on anything other then the main models. All of the other textures such as the ground look like they are right out of the N64 version, which looks kind of out of place. I noticed that Starfox 64 3DS looks a lot nicer then then OoT 3DS in both the models and textures categories. Well it does look really nice I still think they can do better.

Now I'm more interested in the actual changes to the game.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Would you rather have it darker and grittier then? I wouldn't. Bolder colour schemes add so much more atmosphere to a game (think WW dungeons), and, especially with OoT, it also reminds more more of my childhood than a more realistic OoT ever could- after all, when you're a child everything looks brighter and more beautiful... maybe Nintendo were trying to capture this, idk. Either way, I like it they way they've done it :3

OoT had elements of realism but, like most Zelda games, it was highly stylized and aimed for a cartoonish look to an extent.

Fantasy should have bold colors and broad, inspiring vistas. OoT and TWW had that; TP lacked it. I am glad they have not infected OoT with the grey-brown bouts of realism that have overtaken the entire game industry. The game was made to stand out, and the bright colors are brilliant.

That said, OoT is not TWW either, and the 3DS graphics have achieved a nice balance. I love them.

Like Kazumi, I hope they improve the textures, but the style is moving in the right direction.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I think that the graphics have improved overall. The new technology requires more distinct planes and sharper lines. It's pretty sweet...
If you find some shots from other games, the graphics just look better in general. I'm pumped for all of it.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
It doesn't look cartoony to me at all, just a little more brighter and detailed :) Now I just need to save money to buy a 3DS and this game....along with the other 8 games that I'm dying to buy >_>;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom