• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goron Anatomy; Gorons Have Skin!?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Wouldn't Zora's eating fish be the same thing.
Gorons are rocks that have magma in their bodies because I have seen them with steam out of their very bodies.

in the real world, there are PLENTY of fish that eat other fish. we are mammals and we eat other mammals. you also seemed to miss the point.

rhinos have rock hard skin. why cant gorons just have similar skin to rhinos. i dont see why they would be made out of rocks. there is nothing in the games to hint to that.

I think they have rocks for skin, considering that they seem to have magma in their bodies since some of the elder pour steam out of themselves.

i have played every Zelda and dont recall any of the Gorons blowing magma out of their bodies. even if they did, it was probably just a comical thing, but i still dont recall this happening.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
in the real world, there are PLENTY of fish that eat other fish. we are mammals and we eat other mammals. you also seemed to miss the point.

rhinos have rock hard skin. why cant gorons just have similar skin to rhinos. i dont see why they would be made out of rocks. there is nothing in the games to hint to that.

i have played every Zelda and dont recall any of the Gorons blowing magma out of their bodies. even if they did, it was probably just a comical thing, but i still dont recall this happening.
GorAmotoBox.png

You proved my point when you said that, rocks can eat other rocks to keep themselves alive.

Let me also say that rock hard skin isn't impenetrable to fire from lava.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
GorAmotoBox.png

You proved my point when you said that, rocks can eat other rocks to keep themselves alive.

no, i didnt prove your point at all. im talking about real life creatures and youre talking about a made up creature. not at all the same thing.

Let me also say that rock hard skin isn't impenetrable to fire from lava.

they can touch lava. that doesnt mean that they dont have rock hard skin. they could be able to touch lava because of some enchantment on them or just the fact that their race has been around lava so long that they skin evolved to be immune to its heat. the fact that they touch lava without pain doesnt disprove them having skin. it could just be proof that they have special skin.

and as i said before, its a made up character. how come Link can breathe underwater just by wearing a different suit? OoT never explains how the blue tunic works it just merely says that it allows its wearer to breath underwater. the only noticeable difference with it on is that its blue instead of green. it he can breath underwater by wearing a different colored suit then why cant Gorons have skin thats lava proof?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
no, i didnt prove your point at all. im talking about real life creatures and youre talking about a made up creature. not at all the same thing.

they can touch lava. that doesnt mean that they dont have rock hard skin. they could be able to touch lava because of some enchantment on them or just the fact that their race has been around lava so long that they skin evolved to be immune to its heat. the fact that they touch lava without pain doesnt disprove them having skin. it could just be proof that they have special skin.

and as i said before, its a made up character. how come Link can breathe underwater just by wearing a different suit? OoT never explains how the blue tunic works it just merely says that it allows its wearer to breath underwater. the only noticeable difference with it on is that its blue instead of green. it he can breath underwater by wearing a different colored suit then why cant Gorons have skin thats lava proof?

Because it is magic, it is present in Hyrule and even magic follows it's own law.
Another thing is that made up creature or no a Zora is the same and there is no law preventing that. Don't just grab out of thin air.

Goron's also can't breath and don't drown that is a fact that all living beings must follow. They cannot swim either and only drop, the dropping could be because of their considerable body mass but explain why they cannot breath when every creature needs to breath?
And for proof that all characters need to try and breath (I can't exclude Gorons) is when in Majora's Mask you begin to get the bleep, if I didn't know better I'd say that each mask form feels the need to breath (obviously from fatigue) and they take good chunks.

Also might I point out that you haven't replied about the picture, can your fancy proof pull anything out of that other than the answer "They are fantasy creatures."?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i dont know what the point of posting a picture of the Goron was for...

i also, honsetly, have no idea what your last post was really talking about. it didnt make much sense.

youre trying to PROVE that Gorons are made out of rocks when there is no conclusive answer either way. based on the designs, its possible that they have both. the stuff on their backs could be rocks while the rest of their body is skin or the stuff on their backs could just be thick hair while the rest is skin. there is no proof either way. youre trying to prove fanfic.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
i dont know what the point of posting a picture of the Goron was for...

i also, honsetly, have no idea what your last post was really talking about. it didnt make much sense.

youre trying to PROVE that Gorons are made out of rocks when there is no conclusive answer either way. based on the designs, its possible that they have both. the stuff on their backs could be rocks while the rest of their body is skin or the stuff on their backs could just be thick hair while the rest is skin. there is no proof either way. youre trying to prove fanfic.

The point of the picture was to show that, that Goron is blowing steam out of his body!

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
i don't see any magma coming out of his body and you said that you've seen magma coming out of his body. steam doesnt really prove anything.

Steam proves that he has a heat source in his body, and unless Gorons are internally built to handle heat sources within their bodies then I'd say they are quite built differently.
Creators just don't randomly put things like this just for show, they know that Gorons are not made of normal things and one of those things must be skin.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Creators just don't randomly put things like this just for show, they know that Gorons are not made of normal things and one of those things must be skin.

youre kidding, right? creators always put stuff in games "just for show"

steam coming out of peoples bodies is a HUGE cliche amongst television shows, movies, videogames, comics etc..

are you saying youve never seen a character get angry in any tv show/cartoon and steam came out of their ears? im not saying this is the same idea but steam DOES come out of the bodies of characters in a comical sense.

also, im sure that the creators didnt say to themselves "lets make steam come out of their body because they dont have skin cus their bodies are made out of magma."

youre assuming that if Gorons do have skin, it wouldnt be strong enough to withstand heat. why cant the Gorons have special skin that is heat resistant? out of everything in the Zelda series that is magical and fictional and impossible why does heat proof skin seem so rediculous to you?

more than anything, the point im trying to get across is that its just as likely that they have heat proof skin as it is that they are made out of rock.

So now something like having a character who is calm having magma of their body is more possible to be compared to the funny skecthes of people getting too angry in cartoons and jokes like that than to the idea of making possible the theory they have actually more rock in them than what we think?

Geeeze, I was just coming here to tell you this: Bo, the Mayor of Ordon tells you directly that they're made of rocks, just before you get the Iron Boots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrCLRrG8iYo
minute 08:09 :)

Is this to be taken as an "irrelevant expression or the your 'never hinted into the game" refutated?

Anyone can take it the way they want. I just wanted to share this.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
He is referring to wrestling when he makes this statement. That sentence could be taken multiple ways. He could be saying they are made of rock and just inferring that they are as strong as rock, like when we say someone is a beast we dont literally mean they are beasts or when we see someone eating a lot we say they are pigs but we dont literally mean they are pigs.

He could easily just be saying those gorons are made of rock and just mean that they are as strong as if they are made of rock.

Oh I see, so is to be taken as the 'irrelevant expression" then. No surprise here.

That is what I mean by 'expression'. I can see where you are going but at least it has been said inside the same game where one of them showed the steam going out of its back.

I must admit that until then, I used to think they had like you mention just a very thick, though, skin. But now at least those are two clues to think about it. Myself I am not going to simply discard them out. After all, being a game, I don't see why Nintendo would not want them to be 'rocks that eat rocks'.

The fact that may just be character design can go both ways, as you mentioned yourself, since there is not conclusive way either way, so also the question you made to him can apply the other way around. Why are you trying so hard to disprove it? I don't see what is the point to try and refute everything when in the end you already know that either way you are trying 'to prove fanfic'.

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Why are you trying so hard to disprove it? I don't see what is the point to try and refute everything when in the end you already know that either way you are trying 'to prove fanfic'.

Because if i didn't try to refute it then there would be absolutely no reason for this thread. What's the point of posting a thread if you're not going to discuss each an every aspect, such as reasons why and why not it could be right. It's for the sake of discussion. How boring of an answer does this sound?

"I think either way is possible. End of discussion."

If i left it at that then this thread would be extremely boring.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
I actually think that the goron elder's "steam" is actually an inscense (smelly stuff) that he is burning in holes on his body. That would kind of make sense.:mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom