• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goron Anatomy; Gorons Have Skin!?

G

garato

ok so get this im playing twilight princess right? well i just beat morpheel and zant had made midna all shiny and untwilighty. you know how in order to get to hyrule castle to save midna you must go through telmas bar sneakly? well if you listen to what the goron in the bar says he say and i quote

i know the elder wants me to bring spring water to hyrule castletown but... this country air is terrable for my skin!

gorons have skin!? i thought they were rocks!

I suppose it is still a skin, just a very hard one, after all, if they are alive, they should have more than rocks inside. =P

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I also thought they were rocks, especially the outer layers of their bodies. Maybe he thought the "country air" was too moist or something (I believe water, if salty substances are included in it can break down "rocky" substances), and that they (the Gorons) prefer arid and hot climates (seems like they do, no?). Maybe the skin is made of rock after all? :)

Last edited:
I believe Gorons place rocks onto their backs for protection. The rest of their body is skin. The rocks on their back may or may not be an adaptation to their habitat. That's most likely not true, but that's what I believe.

G

garato

an odd theory but a theory non the less. i may point out that gorons are not all acustom to hot arid places in fact we all know a place ware goron must deal with rather cold climet. termina

linkman8

True and Noble
an odd theory but a theory non the less. i may point out that gorons are not all acustom to hot arid places in fact we all know a place ware goron must deal with rather cold climet. termina
Also though their environment wasn't always like that, but even so, I would guess then that their skin would have to be completely protective even against the elements, but only to a degree. I mean, Gorons can freeze to death, but I would guess that their skin is probably thick and can protect them from a certain amount of harshness.

G

garato

id think that liveing tissue would be a real handycap for a rock dwelling mammle...

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I think the rocky part of them is just on there back to protect them while there rolling around, and the rest of them is just skin.
Because the front of them really does not look like rock to me.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
First of all, I think this thread is as spammy as the Goron Reproduction was.
And yes, i assume that Orange thingie that covers their body can be considered skin, even though it has a rocky aspect

G

garato

id think that because they roll so much they would have black in bluse in junk

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
gorons movement are much to fluid to be made of stone, if it were you would expect their bodies, and to be more specific their joints, would be covered in cracks.

clearly due to many years living in such an unstable, volcanic enviorment, the species would have developed a very thick skin, very similar to the hide of a rhinocerous. the rocks on their backs could have gotten lodged into the skin from repeated rolling down hills, or it could be a growth, a buildup of minerals due to their preferred diet of the stones around them. they eat the rock and after using whatever is nessesary to maintain their bodies nutritional needs the could buildup along the back of the goron, much in the same way humans develop a "beer gut" "paunch" and the 'o so terrible "flabby grandma arms".
eventually the mineral buildup will break through the skin and then we will see the trademark stonebacks of the goron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom