• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Going to Play Through It for My First Time...Suggestions?

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Okay guys, I've conquered every Nintendo licensed Zelda game EXCEPT for Adventure of Link which I plan on buying today via the virtual console. Anyone have ANY suggestions or strategies before I start this game because i know that it's one of the most challenging games ever created for the NES....It'd be a great help, thanks! :)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Advice? Level grind. Practice. Get used to the battle sequences. Collect all the Heart Containers and Magic Jars (which I believe you have to collect, anyway. The Magic Jars.). Yeah, that's about it. Just prepare for the hardest game of all time (besides Ninja Gaiden).

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I've played the game before and the enemies were pretty intense....I think I only got up to level 3 until i quit, but i'm going to try again, because I really want to beat this game.....I wont doubt that ill die a million times but illl prob need to use a guide to help me out :P

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I usually go all the way through DM over and over again to level grind (including the hole @ Spectacle Rock).

Level up early, wait to beat the first boss until you have leveled up significantly and there are a lot of points needed to reach the next level, because each boss fills you entirely to the next level so save that for when you really need it. And don't get disheartened if something is challenging, just keep trying and when you beat it you'll have a great feeling of accomplishment C= Also: have fun! And enjoy the music.

The written guide here at ZD helps A LOT (that's why i partially credit my beating the games to ZD)

bring all of your skill, patience, determination, perserverence, and luck, and you JUST might pull it off.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Thanks guys! I've beaten the first dungeon without many problems....Im still getting used to how short range Link's sword is and also am having a lot of problems with Iron Knuckles because of the way the fight. But it's cool to see how innovative the combat is in this game, even for NES game. I am having fun with it and the good thing is that everything isn't THAT far away from the starting point I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom