• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Give It a Chance

I think alot of people are complaining about the game way too much. i was talking with my brother, and he was just nitpicking about it! he complained for every single little reason! i for one like the graphics, and see alot of potential with a story. we should give the game a chance. whos with me?

Kybyrian

I understand where some people are coming from with their complaints and all that, but I agree. Don't knock it 'til you try it, and you aren't going to be able to try until 2011, so get over it. I'm sure the game will be just fine, but if it isn't... I feel sorry for Nintendo. I see why some people are complaining about the graphics. I don't agree with the people who are saying that the whole style of the graphics is horrible, because it looks great, except for a few things. The trees look horrible, the bushes, whatever have you, but I believe those will be changed before the final game. At least, they better be. I still say give the game a chance, though.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Although I have heard far more people that say the game looks promising, there's still a handful of people who dislike it and haven't even tried it! I know you can't please everyone, but hating on a game because of the graphics is like hating a person because of their appearance. But honestly, there's no reason to hate on the graphics anyways. They look simply stunning! Like many have said, it's like a painting come to life. There are a few minor details that need fixing but it's not a major deal. I'll stay pleased even if it remains the way it is. :)

Btw, 200th post! :D

Austin

Austin
Mehhhhhh. I almost agree. The thing is, the SS fanboys are just as bad as the haters. Claiming that a game that has very little information known about it is the greatest game ever is just as illogical as claiming that it's a failure. I get hype, I get that people are excited, but there is a line. And frankly, those who lash out at people who have valid complaints are nothing more than trolls. As I said though, the inverse is also true.

The thing is, people like to complain, and there's nothing entirely wrong with that. I don't think most people who have complained are writing the game off entirely, I think that they are merely expressing their anxiety about the bits and pieces that have been unveiled. Saying something like "I rather dislike the graphics at this point in time, which makes me concerned that the game will not be as good as I expect." is a valid complaint. It's when someone says something like "The bats in this game resemble those found in WW and therefore this game is trash and I will not purchase it." that I think people have a right to entirely dismiss them.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Weeeeeell, in other parts of the internet there's a saying; "Zelda fans will fight about anything."
Of course there's a million disagreements on a million things, but it's all just opinion.
People have a right to opinion; whether it be for the game or against the game.
Just agree to disagree and move on.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I think alot of people are complaining about the game way too much. i was talking with my brother, and he was just nitpicking about it! he complained for every single little reason! i for one like the graphics, and see alot of potential with a story. we should give the game a chance. whos with me?

Well, mostly I agree...but I think it is important to voice our concerns...if we just eat whatever Nintendo feeds us we run the risk of not getting what is best.

No doubt, we do need to keep an open mind...but that does not mean believing in Nintendo and Zelda like it is religion.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I talk to random friends about it, and they say that they think the graphics are really crap. I reckon we should give it a chance. You never know until you try! :)

:( Link is sad because no one likes his new style.

I talk to random friends about it, and they say that they think the graphics are really crap. I reckon we should give it a chance. You never know until you try! :)

ZeldaHam

Some Skyloftian Guy
Graphics and gameplay look good so far, although I was suprised when the item subscreen only had 8 slots. Oh well, it's better to have a few frequently used items than lots of useless items. (TP much?) Also, I know for a fact that fanboys will compare SS to OoT, it's sad but true. :(

Beeker

Wild Card
I don't see why people will ever give SS a chance. We know BARELY ANYTHING about the game, and yet people still don't think it'll be a good game. I never was around the Zelda world when Wind Waker was announced, but I know its rocky past. Constantly getting ridiculed for having"cartoony" graphics and that a series like Zelda was becoming a game for kids. Then people tried it and found it was an amazing game with an incredibly dark story. Reading articles and comments the day after SS was announced, I only had one thing to say:'It'll be like Wind Waker.'

Something that happenned:The day after the game was announced, I told a friend of mine(who is also a Zelda fan) about the game. When I told him about the graphics,he thought it was crazy and wouldn't work. But when I showed him the trailer and gameplay footage, he liked it and is excited to see what the game is like.

I wish people could see the possibilities with this game instead of making a solid opinion with one demo shown, and nothing else. We'll just have to wait and see, and until then, just give it a chance.

Mehhhhhh. I almost agree. The thing is, the SS fanboys are just as bad as the haters. Claiming that a game that has very little information known about it is the greatest game ever is just as illogical as claiming that it's a failure. I get hype, I get that people are excited, but there is a line. And frankly, those who lash out at people who have valid complaints are nothing more than trolls. As I said though, the inverse is also true.

The thing is, people like to complain, and there's nothing entirely wrong with that. I don't think most people who have complained are writing the game off entirely, I think that they are merely expressing their anxiety about the bits and pieces that have been unveiled.

Agreed. It's important to express our concerns about the game, since Nintendo might get the message (somehow).

"I rather dislike the graphics at this point in time, which makes me concerned that the game will not be as good as I expect."

This is an example of a fan worried about his favorite series.

"The bats in this game resemble those found in WW and therefore this game is trash and I will not purchase it."

This is just a troll.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm a huge Zelda fan and am looking forward to the next installment in the Zelda series. Yeah I was a little disappointed that the graphics turned out the way it did but it could still work. Before we even saw any footage of the game I was told that the game was going to have an older Link and look more realistic. I was expecting a much more darker and much more mature game from seeing the poster (Not that it has to be M rated), but I haven't played the game to see how the the gameplay fits with the graphic style. After all Nintendo said that they chose that graphic style because it fit the exaggerated combat. But I'm still very geeked for this game and can't wait to play it in 2011!!!

Diablo

King of Redeads
As I stated in previous threads I personally like the graphics and the gameplay looks really good. I mean I can understand where the haters are coming from I also thought it would look a little more realistic. Just remember you can't judge a whole game on just it's graphics.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
As I stated in previous threads I personally like the graphics and the gameplay looks really good. I mean I can understand where the haters are coming from I also thought it would look a little more realistic. Just remember you can't judge a whole game on just it's graphics.

Yeah that's true. But I do like the whole TP graphics with the WW Cel-Shaded style thing they have going. It grew on me within a few days of looking at it. The problem is that people seen Twilight Princess and how it looked more realistic and how dark it was, and now they are expecting more of it. Zelda was never intended to be a dark realistic game. So I guess they went the route they chose to sorta pull away from all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom