• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf

Do you want Ganondorf to be in Zelda Wii Why or why not?

Personally I REALLY want Ganondorf to be in Zelda Wii, because we have not seen him in years and he's my favorite Zelda bad guy ever.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
I'd love to see him, because there is so many twists and cool things you can do with him, just think of WW and TP!

i would love to see him,. i dont care how many times we've had link vs ganondorf at the end it never gets old for me. it would be even better if he had a sidekick like agahnim and zant.

i dont see people complaining about the joker always being the bad guy in batman so dont see why people complain about ganonforf

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The problem I have with Ganondorf coming back is that he's predictable and boring as a villain. There's only so many twists you can have with him. I mean, he was great in OoT and maniacal in WW, but felt so tacked on and unoriginal in TP, and the last thing I want to see is a reused villain concept. I loved Majora as a character, childish and crazy, and even though I've never played OoA, Veran struck me as an awesome villain from what I saw in the manga, sadistically cruel. Then in ST we get Malladus, which was totally a Ganon-ripoff and a terrible character compared to Cole and Byrne, and I started feeling rather resentful towards Ganon and everything he stands for as a villain. I'm not saying I'd hate to see him in Zelda Wii, but I'd hate to see the stale idea of a giant demon/puppet master hiding behind other lesser villains while looking to get a super-powered relic to take over the world. Unfortunately, that's Ganondorf's image, so honestly, I'd much rather he stayed dead.

Last edited:
I would love to see Ganondorf in Zelda Wii.
I think he's a great villain, and his appearence and personality become better and better over the games. I just Loved his appearance in TP, much better than in OoT.

But it would be interesting if there were a psychological approach. I want to know Ganon's reasons and fellings. I really enjoyed WW, when he talked about his past and reasons. I felt that I knew him a little more.
But I'm not really sure, maybe it would ruin the game, its plot or even change Ganon's image before the fans in a unwanted way.

My favorite Ganondorf is From WW because he felt human, While I hated how they did the last second swicth in TP it just didnt do him justice

M

Mighty Deku

he totally deserves a personality, but plain evil is so cool , im torn between sides

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
I want to see majora. Cole from ST is awesome too. Or how about Ganondorf wearing Majora's Mask? Or maybe Ganondorf with Bellum's tentacles, zants armor, being possessed by Malladus, wearing Majora's Mask?

@ above post: Ganondorf is not plain evil. He is just power hungry. He loves hyrule, he doesn't want to completely destroy it, he wants to rule it, and bend it to his shape.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
To be honest, I liked the Ganondorf in TP out of all the Ganondorfs. I don't want a new version of Ganondorf in ZW. I want to have someone new, like Malladus, for example.

M

M-SwordLink

I hope he is and here are some reasons why:
1. Because Ganon is and always will be the sole epic villain of the series.
2. Because the final battle of the game will be extremely epic because of how this game will be solely for the Wii and not half way like TP, because the struggle action in the sword-to-sword battle with Ganon was awesome, but you could only just sit there and press A the whole time, but in this new Zelda, hopefully there will be more interactive actions like that, and cool spin moves, or moving your hand in a certain symbol to perform a kick a** move.
3. Because who else is going to make all these crazy a** monsters?! :)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I have to disagree... I would really like to see move away from Ganondorf, It's time wii had a brand new adventure. Although i do agree that it has been years of waiting for this game and we really haven't seen him in a long time. But I also think that out of the 3D games Ganon is featured 3/4 times, between OoT/MM and WW/TP we have seen three totally new character developments from this classic villain. This time I really want a new original bad guy, to take Link on a merry chase of cat and mouse around the lands that are outside Hyrulian Territory. This journey could be the basis for a return to Hyrule while adding new depth to the series in one masterstroke. The classic battle for the Triforce needs a rest in my opinion at least in the 3D games...

E

Errorjack

I would like to see Major back story. Maybe a new final boss fight like Zant was a really fun/funny/crack head kind of guy that made fighting him fun.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'm good either way. I love Ganondorf, especially in TP, but a new villain is never a bad idea. If they do decide to do a new villain, I like to see some adult personalities like Zant and Ganondorf had. Don't get me wrong, I loved Possessed Skull Kid, and there was nothing wrong with Vaati but I get more satisfaction when the guy I'm going after is a conquering villain than a spoiled brat. Fighting a spoiled brat makes me feel sorry for them cause the're just mislead.

Something I thought of while typing this response, what if we had a girl villain for a change? I mean Link's got that other girl with him and all.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Personally I REALLY want Ganondorf to be in Zelda Wii, because we have not seen him in years and he's my favorite Zelda bad guy ever.

Odd, I thought everybody loved Vaati the most.

In all seriousness though, there's only one way I'd like Ganondorf to appear in Zelda Wii. Something between his WW and OoT appearances. In OoT there were multiple encounters with him and he seemed exceptionally intimidating in both games (well really he's intimidating in all the Zelda games, really but moreso in WW and and OoT in my opinion). In WW he actually seemed human instead of some evil anti christ that wants to rule the world for no apparent reason. If they could culminate those two of his appearances then I have no complaints.

But if they did it something like TP then I'll still play it, but I won't like the way they did his appearance. Ganon/dorf is not the kind of villain that manipulates people to do things for him while he works in the shadows. He's the kind of guy to send monsters to do his dirty work and then face off with Link at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom