• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I would like to see something where Ganondorf is kind of an ally of Link's. But this all would depend on where this game takes place in the timeline. One of my new theories is that Ganon/dorf is different on both timelines. I personally only have WW, PH and ST on the adult timeline which means on my AT there is only one game that features Ganondorf and in that game he never turns into Ganon and he is a much more merciful, humane creature. My new theory, based on the idea that WW is the only AT game with Ganondorf, is that Ganondorf on the CT is much more monstrous and destructive than Ganondorf on the AT. Because of the AT Ganondorf being more humane, I would like to see a game later down the AT timeline that has Ganondorf and Link eventually being allies against a creature who stands against what both characters stand for. I want a game where Ganondorf is an ally of Link's.

I want Zelda Wii to be an AT game that further develops the relationship of Link and Ganondorf and paves the way for them to be allies.

Bowser and Mario are archenemies but they have teamed up on multiple occasions. Why not have a Zelda game where Link and Ganondorf must do the same? Seems like a great idea to me. Who knows, they could even bring Majora back or something and make him a villain that wants to destroy the world while Link and Ganondorf want to preserve if for their own reasons.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
You mean like they end up teaming up to fight an EVEN GREATER EVIL? :) I think that would be cool, plus it would give them the chance to go into Ganondorf's history a little bit more.

Zelda_Queen

Hick Hylian
I've got some comments-
Originally posted by Ninten*
Then one awesome thing would be if they team up to fight a villan but it's all part of Ganondorf's secret plan to see Link's moves and weapons. The villan is the 4th or 3rd boss of the game but that's enough to investigate Link's moves and Ganondorf has seen enough to be more powerful that ever. Link will also have to journey to beat more dungeons and get the Master Sword to beat Ganon(dorf). That would be a really good plot but I'm not sure how other fans would react to this.
I <3 THIS IDEA!!!
2. Whats the difference between Ganon and Ganondorf? I just thougt Ganon was his nickname! (Considering I've been playin Zelda for bout 6 years, thats sad.)

Like Caleb said, he IS the main villain after all (in the 3D games anyway). It's like Bowser in the Mario series; we may get a break once in a while, but the main-stay villain is going to be there for the biggest and most epic of the games. I'm not talking "big" as in how enjoyable it is, but "big" in how massive the game is and how much hype was brought up. So, I do see Ganondorf coming back in all actuality. But if Zelda ever takes a turn towards story, and we ever actually dive really deep into gamplay integrated timeline crap, I don't think we'll be seeing the likes of Vaati in a console title, nor the return of Majora.

Shame, because I would LOVE to see Vaati in 3D....

L

Legend

I'd like it to have Ganondorf's demon form, Ganon, used. Recreate the Underworld like in LoZ and make his domain a huge labrynth like the early titles.

T

thunor

Reading this thread made me decide to join this forum.

Anyway, I think Ganondorf shouldn't return for Zelda Wii because he's becoming too overused. Don't get me wrong, I think Ganondorf is great and my favourite and one of the coolest villains of all time but I think we need a break from him. I thought he had a great debut in OOT and his second coming (when he escaped from the Sacred Realm) in WW was also great seeing more of him and getting to know him better. But I knew I had enough when TP came out. It was just the same old kidnapping Zelda and trying to take over the world but this time he hid behind a puppet (Zant) for most the game and nothing new was really contributed to his character.
The main reason I want a break from him in Zelda Wii is because I don't want him to become the next Bowser. Bowser used to be worthy villain in the early Mario games even up to probably Mario 64 but now look at him after being too over used, he is practically a joke that does nothing but kidnap Peach and be the games comic relief.

Well, I don't think he'll ever get totally as low as Bowser has, but still we can't just have the same old story every Zelda game with Ganondorf trying take over the world usually by stealing the Triforce and even Kidnapping Zelda sometimes, half the time with a puppet villain for half the game.
If we do that too many times he'll just be another Bowser. I would really like to see a new villain for the next Zelda game or two with a new more refreshing motive, kind of like how Vaati, Veran, Majoras mask and so on did. And then after that we could bring back Ganondorf with an interesting new plot and scenery and that way we would appreciate him more and be more happy to have him back.

Also, I think Link teaming up with Ganondorf is a terrible idea, if anything Mario and Bowser teaming up only ruined Bowser more and also Ganondorf's character isn't the type for teaming up like bowser's is.

Well, that's my 2 cents anyway.

W

Wawadude8778

Someting New?

I think that ganondorf should come back, but with some new twist. Maybe some sort of apprentice to do his work, kind of like a darth vader/ emperor thing in starwars.

P

PHforever

I would not like to see Ganondorf coming back for a while. They've used him too many times, and he's getting quite boring at this point. I'd rather see a new boss. That boss should be different from Ganon, as I was quite dissapointed when I found out about Malladus being a carbon copy of him. If Nintendo can come up with something new, then my hat's off to them.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I would not like to see Ganondorf coming back for a while. They've used him too many times, and he's getting quite boring at this point. I'd rather see a new boss. That boss should be different from Ganon, as I was quite dissapointed when I found out about Malladus being a carbon copy of him. If Nintendo can come up with something new, then my hat's off to them.

I completely see where you're coming from but Ganondorf is to Link like Bowser is to Mario. How would you like a Mario game or a series that doesn't feature or even mention Bowser in any way? Bowser is a staple to the Mario series and that's how I feel Ganondorf is to the Zelda series. Using him every game is definitely a bad idea but he hasn't been in a game since 2006 which means Ganondorf has not been in a game for about 4 years. Saying he's overused because of how many Zelda titles he's in is all well and good but think about how much time there is between all of the Zelda titles. Ganondorf will never get old, IMO.

C

Carben

A Legend of Zelda game without Ganondorf wouldn't feel the same. When Minish Cap was released it took time for me to get used to the fact that the many antagonist wasn't Ganon! This brought me down because I am used to seeing Ganon's evil face ready to try and subdue the Hero in Green.

To tell the truth Legend of Zelda Wii should include Ganon as either a reference or main boss/final boss.
What do you guys think?

To be honest, I liked the Ganondorf in TP out of all the Ganondorfs. I don't want a new version of Ganondorf in ZW. I want to have someone new, like Malladus, for example.

I think it should have Ganondorf,Agnahim,Vatti (Both Form's), And the twinrova sisters, and more gerudos

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
I would like to see something where Ganondorf is kind of an ally of Link's. But this all would depend on where this game takes place in the timeline. One of my new theories is that Ganon/dorf is different on both timelines. I personally only have WW, PH and ST on the adult timeline which means on my AT there is only one game that features Ganondorf and in that game he never turns into Ganon and he is a much more merciful, humane creature. My new theory, based on the idea that WW is the only AT game with Ganondorf, is that Ganondorf on the CT is much more monstrous and destructive than Ganondorf on the AT. Because of the AT Ganondorf being more humane, I would like to see a game later down the AT timeline that has Ganondorf and Link eventually being allies against a creature who stands against what both characters stand for. I want a game where Ganondorf is an ally of Link's.

I want Zelda Wii to be an AT game that further develops the relationship of Link and Ganondorf and paves the way for them to be allies.

Bowser and Mario are archenemies but they have teamed up on multiple occasions. Why not have a Zelda game where Link and Ganondorf must do the same? Seems like a great idea to me. Who knows, they could even bring Majora back or something and make him a villain that wants to destroy the world while Link and Ganondorf want to preserve if for their own reasons.

That would be awesome. Also, if it is true that it will be a sequel to MM, maybe someone can stumble across majora's mask, and somehow make it more powerful, and ganondorf and link must team up.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
ganon would be ok, but id like to see them branch out for a new main boss. if they did and it was cool we could disscuss him/her and then forget about ganon all the time so when the make a later game where he makes a victorius return, we'll remember him as the awesome thing he was and not an over done add on (and besides if they keep having link kill him, there'd be even more timeline speculations) they should do dark link as the main boss, pehaps explain his orgin or just to have it more detailed and well done in 3D

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I would love to see a game where Dark Link is the main boss. It'd be cool if they gave him some personality and dialogue so we can get a feel of what kind of creature he is. Of course, I doubt we will get a Dark Link Zelda game without Ganondorf being involved. I still stick with my stance that I want Ganondorf to be in the new game. I don't know what other enemy can work well in a 3D setting. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Vaati but I don't want a Four Sword based 3D Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom