• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GAME THREAD: Dark Souls Mafia

ExLight

why
Staff member
I don't see Fext as scum here, he tried his best to organize the stuff and even bothered to double down on things like having coherent reads with who we target so it's harder for mafia to spot us

He's staring at Fext for trying to get people to double up on targets.
idgi
As in having back up targets in case someone got lynched? That's actually very townie?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not "an obvious place" if you're throwing shade at me considering how Seanzie not showing up last second + Killjoy selfpreserving (both of which were the expected) would've resulted on my guaranteed lynch, supported by me lol

I literally argued like three times with Kreaal and showed/stated reasons as to why mafia would be extremely unlikely to bus in this setup (at least while the hider was still alive, I think they're willing to bus now that the setup is pretty much vanilla), if I were to for some bizarre reason take 1/3 of my team down outta pettiness while truly believing that the hider would likely get another one then what am I DOING

You were the other wagon. Of course that's the obvious place to look. Like reading into wagonimics does help. Doesn't mean you're scum but the way wagons progress can be telling.

I don't see Fext as scum here, he tried his best to organize the stuff and even bothered to double down on things like having coherent reads with who we target so it's harder for mafia to spot us

idgi
As in having back up targets in case someone got lynched? That's actually very townie?

No as in two people hiding behind one person. Fext was saying we shouldn't spread our targets out.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.

idgi

no, I think what fext advocated for was for the 13 players in the thread to collectively announce a target on 4-5 players (so that you'd have 3 players each claiming the same target and then 4 or 2 players claiming the same target.).

Numbers (and me) think this is bad because it significantly increases the odds of the mafia getting a double kill on the hider. Fext thought it was a good strategy because it decreased the odds of a case where the mafia roleblocks a player claiming to target mafia and then if they hit the hider the hider lives and naturally thinks that they've cleared the player when in reality they were just roleblocked. (a false green check.)

And yeah I was arguing we should avoid having only one person claim to be hiding behind somebody else, but Rag pointed out a false greencheck is worth less than having the Hider alive and I agreed and stopped pushing for or even doubling myself lol

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
And yeah I was arguing we should avoid having only one person claim to be hiding behind somebody else, but Rag pointed out a false greencheck is worth less than having the Hider alive and I agreed and stopped pushing for or even doubling myself lol

I wouldn't say you agreed. If i recall correctly we were still in disagreement when I said i would stop arguing because it would probably be beneficial to mafia, at which point you pushed me one more time to justify my position and i gave a brief response which you seemed to find acceptable.

Its also not strictly true that you didn't double your targets. You said you'd target killjoy or exlight depending on the outcome of the lynch, and while you ended up being unique in claiming exlight as a target, if exlight had been lynched you would have been doubled up on killjoy.

ExLight

why
Staff member
I think it's safe to say Numbers is very likely town, right? If Seanzie having more than one person picking them as target is what caused them to get killed I mean

it's something mafia can't really plan on advance, which means both targets were likely town?

ExLight

why
Staff member
5 Killjoy - (Morbid Minish, KingOfDominaria, Fext, Kreaal, Seanzie)
4 ExLight - (Ragnarokio, DawningWinds, ExLight, EliThePsycho)
1 Kreaal - (15377)

Unvote - (Killjoy)
MIA - TL, CynicalSquid

final D1 votecount with updated flips

Its also not strictly true that you didn't double your targets. You said you'd target killjoy or exlight depending on the outcome of the lynch, and while you ended up being unique in claiming exlight as a target, if exlight had been lynched you would have been doubled up on killjoy.
I wasn't expecting Ex to go over (obviously considering my vote)

and yeah this here was me ceding to your point

I think a wider spread is better because it makes it harder for mafia to get a bonus kill. I'm not afraid of a false green check.
that's fair enough

ExLight

why
Staff member
people seeing kreaal changing his hider target last second makes me think at least one of the scum is caught up and paying attention to the thread, which makes me less interested in lynching Dawning, Elie, TL (now fg), or CynicalSquid

I think we should discuss
Minish, KoD, Fext, Rag
for this phase

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom