• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GAME THREAD: Dark Souls Mafia

ExLight

why
Staff member
I know its your birthday and you're busy but you're also obviously here so next time you decide to post make it one that takes two seconds to form some opinion on the actual discussion please.
I literally wasn't here lol

In conclusion DawningWinds and King are theatre-ing

Vote: KingofDomaniaria
this is a term of people with experience :notlikeduck:
maybe you do have some after all

Also, regarding the setup

Would it be ok for a hypothetical Hider to CC a fakeclaim?
It’s generally not good to do that in a normal Cop13 (I think?) but since the hider has immunity to nightkills, it seems like it'd be more useful to catch the fakeclaim
This is a good question. It's tricky.

If scum isn't able to spot the hider via the Rolecop town is guaranteed to take down a scum if given proper time for the hider, so if we're following the hypoclaim strategy any claims are kinda fine, because scum fakeclaiming out of the blue is a really bad move for them?

In a case where we have two people claiming to be hider we can have them target each other at one point because it's highly likely one of them is scum, and doing so will expose it for sure while also taking benefit from the risky scenario of the fake claim being a stupid ass town.

If someone fake claims hider I wanna say don't counterclaim until we're around D3 though because this would allow us to get as much information as possible though. Everyone should just ignore it and keep playing normally for the time, if the real hider dies at any point the fake claim exposes itself anyway right, so no rush since it's not something scum can singlehanded control.

This is a good question. It's tricky.

If scum isn't able to spot the hider via the Rolecop town is guaranteed to take down a scum if given proper time for the hider, so if we're following the hypoclaim strategy any claims are kinda fine, because scum fakeclaiming out of the blue is a really bad move for them?

In a case where we have two people claiming to be hider we can have them target each other at one point because it's highly likely one of them is scum, and doing so will expose it for sure while also taking benefit from the risky scenario of the fake claim being a stupid ass town.

If someone fake claims hider I wanna say don't counterclaim until we're around D3 though because this would allow us to get as much information as possible though. Everyone should just ignore it and keep playing normally for the time, if the real hider dies at any point the fake claim exposes itself anyway right, so no rush since it's not something scum can singlehanded control.

I agree that not cc-ing right away is probably best. However, perhaps more important is to emphasize that while everyone should claim a hider target every day, VTs should NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT under any circumstances fakeclaim hider if they are on the chopping block.

In particular, if someone fakeclaims hider and the hider eventually dies, the person who fakeclaimed should always be the next day elim. With this policy, there really isn't ever any need for the hider to CC, instead they can stay quiet and go about clearing as many people as possible before their eventual death, which de-facto CC's the fakeclaim without the drawback of outing the hider.

ExLight

why
Staff member
Holy **** 2006?
Right? ***** been playing before you were even BORN

Everyone puts their “target name” in Purple somewhere in the thread during today.
Then Day 2 we start going by wills and making a will that also includes the following night.
I'm so confused still, sometimes it feels like your plan is just the hypoclaim and sometimes it sounds like it's something else.

My answer is no. I can and will answer/talk about whatever and whoever I want.
:popcorn:
talk to me then how's life

Eli will be my Rising Doom

@ExLight
Who is your Rising Doom?
I think it was Rag right.

Hey everyone thanks for checking in.
I'm still a piece of garbage
IS THAT A BILL WURTZ REFERENCE

I like how Ex has zero comment on my first wolf solve here.

/Vote ExLight
oh that "scumteam" you kinda just threw around without elaborating on their interpersonal relations?

there's nothing to comment. I'm town, idk about the other two
if you wanna vote me do ya thing but that was useful as if I posted a list of all inactive/fairly inactive players and said "there's at least on scum there", well yea, sure, cool, but statistically there's a 70% odd I'm right but it adds nothing to discussion nor removes any of the RNGness from the game

Personally, I'm having a lot of fun watching you be unable to generate actual content.
ruthless but based

ExLight

why
Staff member
aight I think that's it, I'm caught up

honestly mildly scummy vibes from Fext, and Dawning.

Mixed feelings about KoD and Seanzie, highly doubt it's theatering. Slightly better on Ko

Numbers suggestion is good. Townie.
Kreaal attempt of collaborating with mechanical planning is good. Townie. He still irks me with his overcomplications though.

Where's Minish, Rag, Killjoy, TL, and Mathias? Statistically there's a huge chance at least one of them is scum, and them being MIA is also harmful for the Hypoclaim plan, I wouldn't be opposed to chop most if not all of them down if they don't show up by the EoD because they'll just make things infinitely harder for town if they don't play.

aight I think that's it, I'm caught up

honestly mildly scummy vibes from Fext, and Dawning.

Mixed feelings about KoD and Seanzie, highly doubt it's theatering. Slightly better on Ko

Numbers suggestion is good. Townie.
Kreaal attempt of collaborating with mechanical planning is good. Townie. He still irks me with his overcomplications though.

Where's Minish, Rag, Killjoy, TL, and Mathias? Statistically there's a huge chance at least one of them is scum, and them being MIA is also harmful for the Hypoclaim plan, I wouldn't be opposed to chop most if not all of them down if they don't show up by the EoD because they'll just make things infinitely harder for town if they don't play.
Can you elaborate on Dawning?

@ Fext

Rag isn't in here doing her utmost. Probably forgot about the game. Maybe. But my many experiences with Rag indicate it is scum Rag more so than town Rag as town Rag loves to solve.

I can wait till D2 to see Rag burn. It's not crucial to me that Rag go over today.

ExLight

why
Staff member
I'm gonna have to catch up...
a good chunk of it is seanzie and kod butting heads and kreaal going wild you didn't much as you might think
I did just do some catching up so you can use it a bit too

Can you elaborate on Dawning?
his 180° on number's suggestion felt weird, I would've expected him to kinda measure out the pros and cons of his suggestion before kinda just sheeping you and conceding you this point so easily

also not a fan of him trying to pressure me while kinda calling me a liar when I was busy, feels extremely opportunistic and irrational and also some weird attempt of focus change from the thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom