• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Future Locations Based on Real Ones

Has there ever been a real world place that you think could fit the world of Hyrule if done right?

Personally, I'd like to see a version of Aokigahara, Japan's forest of death with no wildlife, particularly at night. It'd be perfect for late night venturing with the sounds of odd creatures and possible ghosts, setting the right feel for scaring.

Any other ideas?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
A forest with no wildlife huh? Is that really true? I find it hard to believe that any wild place would have nothing living there. But yeah, that would be cool.

I'll have to say I'd like to see something like my home state's Yellowstone. Geysers, tons of wildlife...maybe even a town right next to it. It would fit well in TP, actually. Imagine Link in wolf form coming across one of the native wolf packs xD

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
There's really infinite possibilities. Pokemon XY showed that these locations can work in the world of Nintendo.

Some possibilities I can think of right now are:

How about a massive temple based on the Haggai Sophia? (Don't know what that is? Shame on you!) This building was an epically designed church that is massive and beautiful both inside and outside. It is evocative of neither the Western cathedral nor the Japanese shrine, but is something new. I think it could be great inspiration for any future temples.

Giant gladiator arena based on Colliseum. It may have been done before, but I would love a massive battle arena in a future HD Zelda game. Imagine fighting on hordes of monsters while a crowd cheers around you at the spectacle. Tell me that doesn't sound like an epic setting for a Zelda boss, challenge, or other fight?

How about a massive Mount Rushmore look alike featuring the faces of past villains. Might be a bit of a stretch, but i think it would b cool to see a villain memoriallizng past foes.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
One area I've always wanted to see implemented in a future Zelda title would be the Andes Mountains. We've had mountain regions in just about every game, but I'm not talking about just strictly mountains. I mean somewhere that's really high in altitude all around, with huge drop-offs everywhere making travel very treacherous. It would also have an effect on your fighting; with the higher elevation and lower oxygen levels you would tire faster, making combat even more dangerous.

Also. ZELDA. IN. SPAAAAAAACE! But that would definitely be jumping the shark, so that's probably a bad idea. But at least make a region or temple with wonky gravity. Expound upon the flipping of gravity in Stone Tower Temple, make it to where you can change gravity in all sorts of directions (or gravity just changes on its own, to make it even more fun!)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'd like to see a lot more eastern themes since that is where the game originates from. Ancient Japan or China would be a good start, so rolling mountains, hidden temples of worship etc. It's a break away from the medieval fantasy theme without breaking into a modern theme. I just think there's a certain uniqueness about ancient eastern culture that could give the series a neat twist without deviating too far off course from its foundations.

I'd also love to see something similar to the Amazon - a rainforest to be specifc. We've got forests but not exactly rainforests, which is a terrain I think Nintendo could toy with a bit. A hostile environment full of insects, predators and a dangerous terrain in which to navigate through. You could also go vertical with this idea and have Link optionally use the tress just to create more nonlinear options within the realm of exploring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom