• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Funniest/Dumbest Death You've Had in a Zelda Game?

LinkIRL

Hero of Time
What I mean by this is, have you ever died in a really funny or stupid way in a Zelda game before? Did your little brother pick up the controller while you were in the bathroom and jump Link into the lava? Did you forget to hold up your shield? Did the Like-Like not spit you back out? What was your funniest/dumbest death in a Zelda game?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
The other day I was at about x475 hits on Orca going for the heart piece with one hit left. As he went to swing, I thought "hey, I better defend." Scumbag brain didn't send the message.

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
(Sure this is a duplicate thread but I'll tag along), doing the swamp skultula house in MM, got all but one down to one heart, coz i kept running into them damn skultulas in the grass (was doing a minimalist run) finally found the last one thought i'd be clever and do a jump slash on it, i hit it then promptly died from hitting it, i spent ages crying about it and laughing at the oddness of it.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Two come to mind. In TP, I got over 10 game overs on the first Goron because I was too stubborn to go back to Kakariko. In OoT just recently, there's a ledge in Kakariko with a golden skulltula on it. Every time I climbed it, the skulltula knocked me off...and for god knows what reason, I kept climbing up and up until I lost my 3 hearts and died.

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
In OoT just recently, there's a ledge in Kakariko with a golden skulltula on it. Every time I climbed it, the skulltula knocked me off...and for god knows what reason, I kept climbing up and up until I lost my 3 hearts and died.

Same exact thing happened to me once, Except I had all twenty hearts with the half defense things around my containers. So I was stun locked for ages. lol

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
In the Snowpeak Ruins in Twilight Princess, I decided to see what would happen if I stood in front of the cannon before it could fire it's shot. It kills you.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
In OoT just recently, there's a ledge in Kakariko with a golden skulltula on it. Every time I climbed it, the skulltula knocked me off...and for god knows what reason, I kept climbing up and up until I lost my 3 hearts and died.

I've died this death! More than once, I can sadly say :(

I think my real dumbest death though was in Majora's Mask at the beginning with the deku flower platforms across to inside the tower in Clock Town from the woods. For some reason I was derping about and I wanted to see how long you can maintain flight with one of those deku flower helicoptor things. So there I am, flying around aimlessly, forgetting to do so over a platform and yep I died. I don't know what possessed me to try this.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
The many, MANY times I've jumped off of ledges, thinking there'd be a place to land, and either missing my landing or there just not being a place to land at all. XD

Also, I've died plenty of frustrating deaths in Snowpeak by being knocked off of edges by those frozen Stalfos things' spears, and other frustrating things relative to being frozen over and over and over until I lose all of my health.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I can't think of funny deaths, but here's a funny injury...

I was in Ancient Cistern, and you know that big buddha statue in the middle with all the whip levers? I fell off a ledge in there and forgot to open the sailcloth. Link literally took a whip lever to the family jewels. If that was real life, I don't think he'd be getting up and walking away lol.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A silly death happened to me the other day. I was playing Spirit Tracks and a Like-Like grabbed me. I don't know what happened, but the game basically screamed "RUB!!". I froze up, and of course I died! D:

The other day I was at about x475 hits on Orca going for the heart piece with one hit left. As he went to swing, I thought "hey, I better defend." Scumbag brain didn't send the message.

Or maybe your nerves didn't receive the message! Something similar happened to me (I was going for 999x hits and I was around 700x). I felt my finger try to press the R button in, but nothing happened! Oh well, silly me! ;)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
The battle with Zant: The portion where he did the underwater area that looked like the Water Temple Morpheel chamber... I slapped on my iron boots and went to work clawshotting and slicing him. I was really into the moment and didn't have any idea why I was beeping... he wasn't hurting me that much! Then I died.

I'd forgotten to change tunics to the Zora Armor. Poor Link, drowned by player-stupidity.

I can't think of funny deaths, but here's a funny injury...

I was in Ancient Cistern, and you know that big buddha statue in the middle with all the whip levers? I fell off a ledge in there and forgot to open the sailcloth. Link literally took a whip lever to the family jewels. If that was real life, I don't think he'd be getting up and walking away lol.

*Blinks* I think I did that once, too...

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
A silly death happened to me the other day. I was playing Spirit Tracks and a Like-Like grabbed me. I don't know what happened, but the game basically screamed "RUB!!". I froze up, and of course I died! D:

The battle with Zant: The portion where he did the underwater area that looked like the Water Temple Morpheel chamber... I slapped on my iron boots and went to work clawshotting and slicing him. I was really into the moment and didn't have any idea why I was beeping... he wasn't hurting me that much! Then I died.

I'd forgotten to change tunics to the Zora Armor. Poor Link, drowned by player-stupidity.

I'm guilty of doing both of these things.

I also remember dying early on in Spirit Tracks to bees of all things. I only had 2 hearts at the time and I got too close to a beehive and couldn't escape fast enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom