• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Funniest/Dumbest Death You've Had in a Zelda Game?

D

dekuchu64

while playing link's awakening dx i fell in a hole 3 times and a bomber killed me

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Hmm, well one that comes to mind was in Ocarina of Time. I was in Zora's Domain, and about to play the diving game. Just as I jumped, my thumb slipped and I was aiming straight for the tall boulder protruding from the water. Long story short, I died. :D

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I just got something that takes the cake on dumb deaths today:

I was fiddling around with my Christmas presents (a 3Ds and various games) and I started a file in Spirit Tracks. I was exploring Aboda Village and figuring out how to roll with the stylus. Of course, I talked to some kid who wanted me to roll into a tree with a bee nest. I expected something comical to happen. The twerp just stood there and told me that bee stings hurt and to go find some water to get rid of them. So, I ran, ran, ran to the ocean... only to have little Link die right as I got there!

Sensitive insect-venom allergy that kid's got. It was creepy-looking, too, as he fell face up in the water, looking like a drowning victim who'd just washed up.

Even though it was time for dinner, I hit "Continue" and found some other place to save becuase I was not going to let a "death by bees" stand! Pathetic, pathetic...

Night Owl

~Momentai
I was playing phantom hourglass, doing a three heart run, and I gamed over multiple times on the Ghost Ship.
I kept trying to time the spikes and wait on the other side... Long story short I died over and over again being knocked into the abyss.
I learned that I could've used my boomerang to deactivate the spikes.. or kept going and jumped the gap. :facepalm:

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I just got something that takes the cake on dumb deaths today:

I was fiddling around with my Christmas presents (a 3Ds and various games) and I started a file in Spirit Tracks. I was exploring Aboda Village and figuring out how to roll with the stylus. Of course, I talked to some kid who wanted me to roll into a tree with a bee nest. I expected something comical to happen. The twerp just stood there and told me that bee stings hurt and to go find some water to get rid of them. So, I ran, ran, ran to the ocean... only to have little Link die right as I got there!

Sensitive insect-venom allergy that kid's got. It was creepy-looking, too, as he fell face up in the water, looking like a drowning victim who'd just washed up.

Even though it was time for dinner, I hit "Continue" and found some other place to save becuase I was not going to let a "death by bees" stand! Pathetic, pathetic...
I did the same thing! Why Nintendo would put an NPC that gives bad advice that makes you get yourself killed in the game, I have no idea...

In Ocarina of Time, carrying a bomb, very low on health, too much confusion, bomb explodes and i die

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well, I had this one death that wasn't so funny as HOW it happened, but rather what it caused.

When I first played through Ancient Castle of Ikana in Majora's Mask, I was a complete idiot and didn't catch the Garo's hint, so I was trying to make it past all those ReDeads without wearing a mask that makes them dance and totally harmless. So I kept struggling through every room, dying many, many, MANY times. I FINALLY reached the top of the castle, and I was immensely relieved. I used the Powder Keg and everything, and exploded a hole in the ceiling to let light through. And then I fell down – right in the center of the ReDeads. Annnnd they killed me.

I was so angry at this point that I gave a frustrated tug on the GameCube controller, where it was attached to the Wii (since I was playing Virtual Console). Of course, they're wired, and so the whole Wii went with it. It fell off to the side, and I was worried, but fortunately, it landed propped up against the TV, so it only fell halfway. Relieved, I turned back to the screen – but instead of it coming out of the darkness of death, it said "You will need the Classic Controller" and then the title screen popped up.

It turns out that the Wii had fallen against the TV in just the right position that it hit the reset button. So all of those ReDead deaths and everything I'd done had all been for nothing, since none of it saved. You can imagine how thrilled I was.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I used the Powder Keg and everything, and exploded a hole in the ceiling to let light through. And then I fell down – right in the center of the ReDeads. Annnnd they killed me.

What I find peculiar is that the light off your shield didn't kill them.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
What I find peculiar is that the light off your shield didn't kill them.
If I'm remembering correctly (could be wrong) light doesn't kill ReDeads in MM, merely stuns them. ...Right? No?

Well, anyway, maybe I didn't fall through the Powder Keg hole. This was nearly three years ago, and I don't remember it well. I based what I just told you off of my blog post, where I said I fell into a hole and simply assumed it was the Powder Keg hole. Are there any other holes in Ikana Castle? XD

EDIT: Rereading that, it sounds like I left the room with the light and headed into the next one, where the group of ReDeads killed me. Maybe that's the answer to this mystery. ^^

Pen

The game is on!
I encountered two notable deaths while playing through Majora's Mask for my second time. The first, and more funny death, was in the Woodfall Temple. I had just reached this room:

65093_10151366688708855_1337015209_n.jpg

Suddenly I accidentally fell into the poisonous water and started swimming to one of the doors, only to find that there was no way to get up there. So I think I swam one whole lap around the room, and just when I saw the ladder (which I think was the only one), I died. Quite frustrating indeed.

The more dumb death took place in the Great Bay Temple, inside this room:

305584_10151366721163855_1481354834_n.jpg

Out of curiosity I stepped on the upper part of one of the seesaws so that it was lowered. Then I quickly jumped of and hopped down the water filled hole that was concealed underneath the other end of the seesaw before it closed. It wasn't too hard to get down there in time, but afterwards I was stuck there in the water. And since I was in water I couldn't use the Ocarina to teleport myself to the temple entrance. And because I had already done a lot of progress I didn't want to reset the game, so I realized that I had to let Link drown there.

However, that wasn't the worst part of it, ones Link's health was finally out a fairy came out of a bottle and healed his health up to max. Then I remembered that I had three more fairies in bottles that I couldn't release by myself because I was in the water. So had to wait for quite some time...

I died in the first dungeon of Skyward Sword because I couldn't figure out how to flip a skulltula around. I spend five minutes shield bashing it, occasionally taking damage. For some reason, I thought that would make it fall down. Then, I swung the sword at it, causing it to swing around irregularly and hurt me even more. This was probably my most embarrassing death in any Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom