• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Flying...

Anemos

Master of Chaos
ZI brought up some information from IGN about a "Sky Loft" that Link will live in, in this game, and how you will "move between the earth and sky.

So, there may be flying, or falling. No, wait, there will definitely be falling.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
It is Likely, but I don't see Link flying like Kid Icarus or Superman, a pegasus epona, maybe? The Beetle kind of looks like a skoping item, to find things in the sky. Maybe the Beetle was what they were talking about when they hinted "Flying".

a pegasus epona would be awesome, and air to air combat would be spectacular. i can envision a seen in which Link is chasing a massive winged beast into an air based temple which the creature is the boss of

D

dsp2000

I don't want Link to fly, not at all. That wouldn't seem like Zelda at all. I wouldn't be against a "warp" system to where he can get around to different places like we saw in OoT and TP, but I don't want Link to fly or Epona (if she makes it into the game) to fly. I almost get the feeling that once Link leaves the city in the sky (forgot its name) and gets to Hyrule, maybe he won't be able to get back up to the sky until later in the game. Because even though in this game Link is coming from the sky, we obviously know that in the end he doesn't end back up in the sky but instead stays in Hyrule.

I doubt you'll be able to fly. It just doesn't seem Zelda-ish at all.
Agreed, but, it they might surprise us making it become zelda-ish.

I think that, if we're realy going to fly in this game, It won't be something we could do anytime, like riding Epona, it would be in very specific situations.

Flying would probably take away from a lot of puzzles that there are on the ground. There seems to be a hint that there will be some sort of flight mechanic. I think that would be cool to see, but not full out flying.

C

Cameronx49

I really hope there is flight but if there is flight it probably wont be forever there would be a time limit or section of the game where you could use it

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
As you know the new Zelda seems to have a lot to do with the sky so I was thinking, "whats a better place for flying than the sky? :P So what are your thoughts? From what we've seen do you think flying will be included at all? Please discuss :)

Yes, there will be flying! Here is why:

• Skyward Sword...this game will be all about "sky" it will be a major theme
  • The logo features the wings around the triforce...another hint
  • Auonuma hinted that it would be there, doubt he'd have hinted if it was not going to happen
  • It would sell more copies of the game, people like flying
  • It would possibly introduce a new character, like Link's new dragon friend
  • He has to get back and forth between Skyloft and Hyrule somehow
  • It would be great gameplay and lots of fun--that's what's most important

I put that chances at 90% that there will be flying...no...97%

It does not have to be flying necessarily. It could be some form of movement or transportation through the sky, but it does not have to be a situation where you just start flying. I hope it isn't either.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
If we see flight of any kind, I would expect it to be a dragon or bird. I highly doubt that Link will be able to grow wings or anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom