• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Flying...

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
As you know the new Zelda seems to have a lot to do with the sky so I was thinking, "whats a better place for flying than the sky? :P So what are your thoughts? From what we've seen do you think flying will be included at all? Please discuss :)

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Yes, I think flying will be in the game. Here is why:

1. Aonuma hinted at it earlier this year.
2. The name is Skyward Sword, and they said that the name partly comes from the fact that the sky plays a big role in the game.
3. Since it looks like the beadle plays a major role as a weapon, all the areas are already designed to be flown through

hmm, a new dimension (pardon the pun) could be added by allowing air travel, but it could also be dull and boring like the last two times we have had an alternate method of travel

A

AKRedden

Hopefully if any form of air travel will be way more interesting than Roc's Cape, lol. :D

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I can only see it as either a mini-game like the one in TP where you're riding that shadow/bird creature or part of some dramatic/touching movie sequence.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
If they do this well, flying would be an excellent addition to the game, I think it just depends. If they do this whole flying thing, I hope they don't give up horseback riding.

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

13foxes

At the end of the trailer, we saw Link jumped off a cliff, and because Aonuma hinted the flying, so I think there'll be flying. Flying is a great idea (as long as not flying by a plane) and I would be so happy if they included it in SS.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I rather don't see Link flying like Superman. And if Link could fly, why isn't he doing that all the time? So far we only saw him walking around and even climbing vines, and why would you climb on vines if you could simply fly up. Other than that, being able to fly around everywhere you want would make the game way too easy and I think even Zelda's magical world isn't a good excuse for a person flying like superman...

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
~SPOILER ALERT~

The sky takes a big part of the game because Link is from the sky. He was born in a city in the clouds (or was it above the clouds?) but some events happen and he's forced to go to the land beneath the clouds and get the Skyward Sword (which is the Master Sword)

But I imagined that Link could fly, but not like Superman, like Smite said. Maybe like Icarus when he gets wings to fly, but only for a short period of time...

Well, Nintendo said something about moving between Hyrule and Sky Loft. If that's the case, he's got to get back up to the clouds somehow, and what other way is there than flying? I think it likely that that will be part of the girl in the artwork's (who's the Skyward Sword, as Nintendo confirmed) powers. However, I imagine that you will only be able to do it in certain places, and it will probably be much like the cannon in TP: you go to the right place, talk to the girl, and then it goes into a movie sequence where Link is shot up into the clouds somehow.

So I would be very surprised if you ever got the ability to fly at will, wherever you wanted. I think that all that kind of flying will be done by the Beadle (or however it's spelled) thing.

it looks like there is an overworld, which is great and thats all i care about. i would kill them if they made a stupid transportation system like in spirit tracks and phantom hourglass but with flying instead

Link V

Tommorow belongs to us...
Link didn't jump off the cliff cause he could fly silly! he did it because he didn't know how to solve the latest puzzle and decided to kill himself in order to respawn at the front of the dungeon!(LOL)

ok kidding. Mybe we can fly but idk. who knows maybe link flys on a griffon.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
If a substantial amount of action takes place in the sky, I think we'll be able to fly to a certain extent, but not in the usual aspect. I see a few options.

1) Link has to ride through certain areas on things like deku leaves.
2) Link catches a ride from Tingle. Okay, I'm being silly, but he could use a balloon or other kind of "sky boat."
3) Link does have a way to fly himself (such as by using special armor) but it's limited, such as how Medli could fly but only for short times. The length of time he's airborne may be able to be increased slightly, like how Link could stay in Death Mountain or underwater longer in OoT when he had more health.
4) Cuccos are the main method of transportation. (Okay, silliness again, but then again, City in the Sky...)

And other things that have already been mentioned. I personally wouldn't mind the Pegasus equivalent of Epona, but it depends on how easy it makes it to get around. There needs to be a balance of rewarding you for getting her but not making it too easy to skip out on other aspects of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom