• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fierce Deity: Yay or Nay

I mentioned MM in another thread earlier and now I'm remembering how much i miss Fierce Deity. He was essentially a non-canon character in a canon game (Devil Jin from Tekken anyone?)... but even so, he was hardcore. Since he wasn't canon though i thought that status would have ensured him a couple more games or at least a couple of short cameos or even just a skin in something like SSBB or post content for TP or something but we got nothing...

So, two questions:

First: Do you want Fierce Deity to return at all (doesn't matter in what way, would you just like to see him?
Second: Would you welcome him in Zelda U? (i figure he'd look awesome in HD) <3

Have fun.

Last edited:

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I think it would be a great idea to bring him back in future Zelda games, I agree that he didn't have enough time in Majora's Mask, and I would absolutely welcome him with open arms if he were to show up in Zelda U.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Yes, but he should be harder to achieve and more accessible. In short, 100% the game to get him.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
He was OK but I rarely used him, he took a lot of the fun out of the battles. Sure it was great using him for the novelty of annihilating the bosses but that wore off quickly so I wouldn't be fussed if he never came back, unless he had more use than just making the bosses easier

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
403px-Fierce_Deity.jpgI abused the hell out of Fierce Deity through the exploitation of certain GameShark codes, as well as glitches within MM itself. I love the very design of Fierce Deity Link, from the tribal markings on his face which suggest well, that he's ancient to the double helix sword which is just plain awesome. To answer your questions, Spirit:
First: Do you want Fierce Deity to return at all (doesn't matter in what way, would you just like to see him?
Well since it doesn't matter what way (except that he's playable), yes I want Fierce Deity to return. I don't care if he has zero plot relevance, just incorporate him within the game. <3

Second: Would you welcome him in Zelda U? (i figure he'd look awesome in HD)
Most definitely.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I don't know if I'd want him back. I loved the Fierce Deity and all but, to me, he was always very specific to Majora's Mask.

I have a friend who hates the fact that Pyramid Head returned for so many Silent Hill games after Silent Hill 2 because it spoils how special his appearance was in that game. I feel pretty much the same about the Fierce Deity, or I imagine I would if he ever came back. Maybe that's a silly reason but there it is.

Although, having it as a skin for Smash Bros. would be pretty awesome.

I say Nay. I don't see how they can incorporate Fierce Deity Link into future Zelda games unless they make a sequel to Majora's Mask which has no chance of happening. As for cameos, I suppose it wouldn't hurt, but I don't see Fierce Deity cameos in future Zelda games.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
There's no lie that Fierce Deity was too epic for words, but I don't think there's room for him in any future canon Zelda titles. Yes, you had MM, but he played such a minor role, and he didn't even appear till the very end. Something I would like to see him appear in, though, is any future Super Smash Bros. title. He'd be perfect for it. :)

bunny

birb overlord
Nay. I really liked the Fierce Deity; however, I don't think I'd like to see him again. I felt that he was exclusive to Majora's Mask. Majora's Mask is one of Zelda's darker games, IMO; Fierce Deity Link goes quite well with that. Plus, I think if he were to come back, he might not seem as... "special." Only appearing in one game makes him more unique.

I agree with Cfrock, though. He'd be an awesome Super Smash Bros. U skin.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
He was OK but I rarely used him, he took a lot of the fun out of the battles. Sure it was great using him for the novelty of annihilating the bosses but that wore off quickly so I wouldn't be fussed if he never came back, unless he had more use than just making the bosses easier

I agree, it takes literally under a minute to do all 3 forms of Majora with him. Though it would be interesting if and only if, he achieved some kind of divine form, in order to face against the final boss. The boss would of course still need to be scaled in difficulty with the power of his divine form. And for the fun of it let people fight the boss untransformed for a real challenge, like doing 1/10th the dmg and taking 4 times as much.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Hmm.... I'm not sure.... I'd definitely like to see something relating to him in other games, (like maybe as an Easter Egg in the least),
but as I've been reading, now that I think about it, I think I agree with the people who say he was special to MM.

Although, having it as a skin for Smash Bros. would be pretty awesome.
OR, they could use it as a Final Smash?
That would be a cool idea as well!

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Yes, I would love it if he returned in anyway whatsoever, and preferably in Zelda Wii U. I've been waiting for some type of return since Twilight Princess.

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
While he was an epic completion bonus and a epic thing in general, I wouldn't want him to show up again, just like I wouldn't want the masks again. They are what make MM special

I wouldn't mind him returning, but I would mind knowing more about him. We hardly know anything about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom