• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Zelda Villain?

Favorite Zelda Villain?

• Ganon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ganondorf

• Dark Link (Zelda II)

• Agahnim

• Nightmare

• Majora

• Onox

• Veran

• Vaati

• Zant

• Bellum

• Byrne

• Cole

• Malladus

• Anyone I missed

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
So, who's your favorite Zelda villain, whether main or side? (I don't think I missed anyone, but there's an option for that just in case.)

Yeah, so this is late, but I'm gonna say whom I voted for. Ganondorf, Majora, Vaati, and Byrne. (Yes, you can choose more than one, if you didn't realize that. Can't go back and change it, though.)

Last edited:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Ganondorf is a timeless villian. He's an epic villian:). I also voted for Zant, Vaati, Agahnim, and Majora. Even I forgot to voted for Agahnim he's a pretty cool villan. I never played MM, but Majora is an intense villan to defeat:)

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Yeah, I was considering Majora... it is rather epic. I forgot about him, I'm really just a Ganon/dorf purist, but I do enjoy Majora's oddness and design a lot.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I voted for Ganondorf, Vaati and Dark Link.

Ganondorf, is just THE classic villain. As games with repeat antagonists go I think he tops all. His Genius and Power make him an exceptional character to play against and to look into. His personality (or the little of it that we get to see) is unique. For example in WW, I never thought of him as smug unlike other villains, he never seemed entirely certain of his victory, it was as if he accepted he must battle Link and made no effort to thwart his plans to assemble the ToC, just waited for battle he knew must happen. Seemed to me like he almost had compassion.

Not that, but unlike other repeat villains, Ganondorf is very serious, and his plans always seem respectable which is completely contrary to say Bowser who is more of a comical presence and never really stands any chance of success. In fact, there are several occasions where it's possible Link would not succeed, but does through the help of others, I.E Zelda. This makes everything all the more interesting as it shows that the two are infact almost equal, and potentially if there were to be a twist in the series, Link could lose.

My second choice is Vaati who is not necessarily my second choice and it perhaps actually my first. This character seems very dark and impulsive. His plans are thrown together almost at random, for example, in MC when the chest doesn't contain what he is looking for after the sword competition, he appears to make his mind up on the spot and target the princess. Not only this, but we know a lot less about this character, and he seems to have great potential, for example, Ganondorf can only really change into Ganon, but Vaati seems to be able to take whatever form he wants, I find this interesting and it makes me long for a 3D battle against him as i'm sure he could take on some spectacular forms.

Finally, I have a lot less to say about Dark Link and just genuinely like him because it's an old idea, having to face the evil part of yourself, but I'd never seen it portrayed the way it is in Dark Link. Also, the fact that he is the evil from Link means that he is pure evil, and there is no chance of him having a good side. It's a character I and I'm sure tonnes of others, want to see a lot more of.

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
I voted for Majora because he was so twisted and psychotic. He was different than the other villians in that he really didn't have a clear motive, which kind of made him more threatening in a way because you didn't know what to expect.

Ganon/dorf was an EXTREMELY close second though.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Majora. He's crazy and cool. What else is there to say? That and the fact that he has a relatively mysterious past, so other games could explain it.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
I agree with what Angelkid said about Ganondorf, plus the fact he is, after all, one of the more memorable villains, IMHO. And he is who I voted for as well.

I like Majora because he/she is a greater threat.

Ganondorf just wants to take over hyrule, but Majora wants to destroy everything.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I like Majora because he/she is a greater threat.

Ganondorf just wants to take over hyrule, but Majora wants to destroy everything.

Along with that, Majora doesn't seem to have a sense of right or wrong (in a way).

By the way, the "he/she" thing...Majora doesn't really have a gender, as he appears to be some sort of powerful entity, so the correct term would be "he." That's just the English language.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Ganondorf. Specifically TP Ganondorf. Seriously, if Nintendo made a game where all these villains came together and fought, I'm sure the G-man would prove his worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom