• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Favorite Temple to Beat

• Thread starter Ocarina_of_Time
  • Start date

Favorite Temple to beat

• The Deku Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dodongo's Cavern

• Inside Jabu Jabu's Belly

• Forest Temple

• Fire Temple

• Water Temple

• Shadow Temple

• Spirit Temple

• Ganon's Castle

• Total voters

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Shadow Temple. I used to be terrified of that place. I think a lot of people were the first time around. However, I eventually found that the very atmosphere that turned me away at first was the very aspect that drew me in at the end. The opening of the dungeon drew me in from the get go, with the fiery entrance and the temple talking to you, the atmosphere was set immediately.

The puzzles too I found really enjoyable; always searching for secrets, walking over nothing, being suspended in thin air, all the Stalfos fights (I like fighting OoT's Stalfos, they are one of those few enemies that actually attempt a defense), and even the Redeads and Wallmasters. There is something extremely satisfying about successfully sneaking past Redeads and outmaneuvering Wallmasters.

Bongo Bongo is also one of my more well liked boss battles. Again, the atmosphere was very appealing, mostly due to the absurdity of fighting such an odd creature on top of a giant bongo drum. The bongo's constant bouncing was rather amusing. Also, the fact that the Hover Boots are not the key to the fight but rather a harmful element really amuses me. It breaks convention, and I like that.

If this were for the primary five Temples, I would have definitely said the Spirit Temple. I actually rather like the atmosphere of it and some of the architecture reminda me of Ancient Egypt--especially the huge statue of the Desert Colossus. It is neat because it was split between both Adult and Child Link, but also the boss battle was fun too. I actually rather enjoy having bosses that have mastery over both ice and fire, rather than just one of the two.

Okay, but on this poll, I selected "Ganon's Castle". Well, I did enjoy clearing it... Now the title says favorite "temple", but it also includes the other dungeons that were in the game--but that's not a problem, of course. The thing with Ganon's Castle is that each wing represents one of the primary five temples as well as an additional one representing light. It kind of gives it some sense of balance when I'm re-experiencing some of the thrills of each temple--though, they don't feel as intense since the wings aren't long or overly infested with monsters.

I also am fond of the architecture in this one, too... I'll occasionally stop to look around in first-person at the intricate details that Nintendo took the effort to put in. Oh, and of course, a big reason that I like Ganon's Castle the best is that I have the knowing of who is awaiting me... The only reason I probably would have made it this far--to have the nerve to even clear the Shadow Temple is that I get to see Ganon~

B

BIGJRA

If this were for the primary five Temples, I would have definitely said the Spirit Temple. I actually rather like the atmosphere of it and some of the architecture reminda me of Ancient Egypt--especially the huge statue of the Desert Colossus. It is neat because it was split between both Adult and Child Link, but also the boss battle was fun too. I actually rather enjoy having bosses that have mastery over both ice and fire, rather than just one of the two.

Okay, but on this poll, I selected "Ganon's Castle". Well, I did enjoy clearing it... Now the title says favorite "temple", but it also includes the other dungeons that were in the game--but that's not a problem, of course. The thing with Ganon's Castle is that each wing represents one of the primary five temples as well as an additional one representing light. It kind of gives it some sense of balance when I'm re-experiencing some of the thrills of each temple--though, they don't feel as intense since the wings aren't long or overly infested with monsters.

I also am fond of the architecture in this one, too... I'll occasionally stop to look around in first-person at the intricate details that Nintendo took the effort to put in. Oh, and of course, a big reason that I like Ganon's Castle the best is that I have the knowing of who is awaiting me... The only reason I probably would have made it this far--to have the nerve to even clear the Shadow Temple is that I get to see Ganon~

I totally agree that Ganons Castle is most fun because it combines the other temples and obviously has the hardest boss

amaterasu

Writer
i liked the Spirit Temple. The shadow temple scared me as a kid and is almost impossible to navigate from my point of view, the forest temple is a little too easy, even for the first temple, the water temple is a pain in everybody's butt, the deku tree i just didn't like, the dodongo's cavern had those stupid Lizalfos, (those lizard guys that are like children's stalfos), Jabu-Jabu's belly had Ruto *****ing every time you left her alone, but the fire temple is a close second. i like the singing and stuff, but it's just not my favorite. Not to say the rest suck, i just like teh Spirit temple the best.

Water temple feels good to complete just because its so hard! but its got to be the Forest temple for me just because the boss is cool and its such a deep and complex dungeon it genuinly gives me a great sense of achievment eveytime I complete it.

Garo

Boy Wonder
The Spirit Temple, no contest. The child and adult components are respectively the most well-designed puzzles in their sections of the game, requiring the use of virtually every item obtained throughout the game. To then unify the two parts of the game in order to complete a single task feels very good, like a bit of difficult coordination pulled off with aplomb.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Shadow Temple I always look forward to it no matter how many times I've played Ocarina of Time:yes: Its one of the best designed Temples in the series.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Ganon´s Castle is my main choice. It has all the elements, some tricky puzzles, challenging enemies and it is indeed the last one of the game. You know that you are about to "make it" and it contributes to the great feelings.

The best part of the entire Castle is the stairs, it gives such grandeur to everything that is to come and they really knew what kind of atmosphere they wanted to create, brilliant!

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
Water Temple surprisingly...
it was the only challenging part of the game and i felt a great sense of accomplishment with every puzzle I solved, as well as a great sense of relief when I killed the boss.

S

SteeZ

Don't you mean favorite "dungeon" to beat? The Deku Tree, Dodongos Cavern, and inside Jabu Jabus Belly aren't temples.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
Umm, Forest Temple, duh! I loved the music and I enjoyed all the different puzzles it had. I also liked the spooky, out-of-this-world feeling with the winding pathways and the possesed picture frames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom