• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Genre

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Hey! I was wondering, what kind of movies do you like? What genre do you prefer?

I mostly prefer dramas although I also enjoy watching comedies (if they are not highschool stuff). Laughing is always nice. I like a lot of movies of different kinds but dramas are seldom bad, that is something I would not say about the other genres.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I like Thrillers, Drama, comedy(i love american pie:P) animation and horror/terror movies:)

But I usually watch any kind of movies, as long as they're good

Thrillers and comedy would have to be my favorite. My least favorite would be romance. I just don't find any entertainment in a movie that's completely about how one person falls for another.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I just don't find any entertainment in a movie that's completely about how one person falls for another.

QFT

I've always been a fan of the actionish/shoot 'em up type movies and fantasy/medieval movies, but I don't think I have a favorite genre. If it's good, I'll watch it. My favorites consist of Lord of the Rings, The Bourne movies, The Mummy movies, Braveheart, The Passion, and many more. But the majority of them are action movies, with good messages in them. That's the kind of movie I like.

I usually dislike romance movies, since most of them are terrible, but I see a few good ones every once and a while. Fire Proof is an example of a somewhat romancy movie that I really liked. It had a great message, it was funny, and it makes my mom and sisters cry every time they watch it. :xd:

The only type of movies I dislike are horror movies, stupid romance movies, and the "comedy" movies that are filled with all the sex shtuff.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
My favourite genre is Comedy. Just as long as it's the tasteful kind of comedy (sure, some other things are fine, but Scary Movie for example was just too perverse).
Some Action/Adventure are quite good as well. I usually like bits of everything really.

My least favourite genre is (probably) horror/etc. I think they're addicting to watch, but I'm one of those people that really freaks out. Without exaggerating, Scream 2 gave me nightmares for 4 months.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Some horror movies could really creep me out only a couple of years ago. But since I met my girlfriend (who is addicted to horror movies) things have changed. I have to gain complete control of my mind to not burst out in laughter when we watch them (I do not want to take away the excitment from her, cause she still gets creeped out, and must like it!). Some books can almost freak me out though (guess my imagination is not as bad as I thought).

Amelie

Air Dancer
I like Comedy. Adventure action.. thriller and romance. Most horror movies seem to be just not right to me. If I had to pick my favorite.. I would pick comedy. You can never not want something to make you laugh ^^

Mine would have to be I guess Action, namely ones with guns. :) Although I do like Comedy and Romance sometimes, I don't really like Romance so much anymore but I still love Titanic. Only thing I hate is horror.

I am not a fan of romance movies although I admit that some are good.

I really like thriller, fantasy, action, and adventure movies. Like Batman and LotR. I guess you could say I like superhero movies if that was a separate genre.

Comedy make me laugh so I also enjoy them.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I'm a big fan of the summer blockbuster type movies. The ones that make spending the money on a theater ticket worth the while.

Sci fi movies fosho... I love Sci fi so much. Action movies are good too, like the new die hard movie, and comedys..

Looking forward to TF Revage of the Fallen

O

OniLink

scf-fi, fantasy adn horror films can be great when they are done well

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Horror/Suspense/Thriller, Comedy, Drama. I don't care much for newer action movies (too cliche/hollywood feel to them) and for the most part loathe remakes of classic horrors.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
HEIST MOVIES
I know this a really narrow genre but they are the most fun movies EVAR!
I consider any movie that involves at least 1 planning montage and an elaborate scheme. The plan can go off without a hitch or can get totally EFFED, but these movies almost always have a happy ending/the heist is successful. Usually they begin in the middle of a baby version of the plan that gets put into action after some intense planning.

Here are some of my favorite (heist) movies:
Inception
The Prestige
Oceans 11 and 12 (13 is good but doesn't make the list)
The Thomas Crown Affair

amirite?

and there are probably others that are some of my favorites, but since they have action or comedy I don't even realize they fit the genre!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom