• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Famous Last Words

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
"Goodbye Link... I............ See you later."

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. WHAT!?

What was Midna going to say as she left the Light World? !!!
What? I think it was going to be something like. "I love you." or "I'll come back."
What do you think?

Ikana

Trollkastel
I think that she was going to say that I love You and that's what allot of other people think too.But who knows mayber she was going to say I will come back but I believe that she was going to say I love you.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I think she was trying to figure out what to say. If she already had thought of something, it would have been I'm sorry cause of what she was about to do.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I think she wanted to say "I love you" but wussed out, mostly because she knew she was shattering the gate between the worlds and couldn't bring herself to say something that intimate - trying to shield herself and Link from heartbreak, poorly.

Then again, I'm a Link x Midna shipper, so if you're not, you can ignore me. *Grin.*

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I assumed that she was going to say something like, "I'm afraid I must destroy the mirror now, but I'll miss you." but couldn't bring herself to say it because it was painful... so she just said what she usually does before going, "See you later." I'm not so sure she really did miss Link... maybe she just wanted it seem so. She might have just broken the mirror to make sure she'd have rule of that land all to herself.

Even if she did love Link, I don't think they would have let her say that specific phrase. Nintendo goes out of their way to keep Link's affections vague so fans can decide for themselves which girl they'd like to see him with.

I suppose my main problem with the idea that Midna could have loved Link is... I don't think Midna is capable of caring about anyone. She strikes me as heartless, and I never quite trusted her. I never got over the feeling that she was manipulating Link for her own ends. She may have admitted to it and apologized, but that was probably to keep Link from turning on her when he figured it out (which he was close to doing). I expected her to betray me to Zant at the end, and then I expected her to betray me again to Ganondorf... I was surprised when she didn't. That was probably just because she didn't want to share any power, though.

The thing is, Midna is a Twili, and the Twili are... well, descendants of the most evil, self-centered magic users ever. It's hard to believe the apple would fall far from the tree. Also, when you start the game, you get a distinct Machiavellian sense from her. I know she can think that way, and I do appreciate her intelligence. She thinks kind of like me, actually, and I would never trust anyone who thinks like me. Especially not one that thinks like me, and isn't as sensitive... yikes. Midna isn't exactly sensitive or expressive, you know. She's rather cold.

I personally would have found the game more fun if Midna had betrayed me to Zant at Lakebed Temple or in the Palace of Twilight (or even Ganondorf at the end). The plot twist and the feeling of betrayal you'd get after having travelled with her that long would be... amazing. It would have been quite refreshing, actually. Just having her seem mentally and emotionally capable of betrayal but yet remaining loyal to the end seems so... dull and silly. If she was going to remain loyal to the end, why not have her be helpful and polite like Navi? Why bother creating a character that almost feels like a rival to the player in terms of controlling Link and observing the nature of puzzles... if they never betray you?

I don't know, maybe there was something about her that I just didn't "get." A lot of people like her and think she loved Link, and I don't understand why.

Din Akera

Sniper
I think it was the fact that she developed as a character. She does grow to like Link, you can see it in the way that she acts and the things she says as the game progresses. Yes, in the begining sh just wanted to manipulate Link, but by the end her character had developed a ton! That is why people like her so much. ANyway, that's off topic.

I think there was an "I love you, I'm sorry" coming, and then she couldn't say it. Though the tears and everything else made it obvious. ;_;

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
As everyone else said she was trying to express her feelings to Link, but when she broke the Mirror she wouldn't be able to fully express herself.
(If you get what I mean ;)...)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, I'm just going on my gut here but I think Midna was going to say "I love you.".

I assumed that she was going to say something like, "I'm afraid I must destroy the mirror now, but I'll miss you." but couldn't bring herself to say it because it was painful... so she just said what she usually does before going, "See you later." I'm not so sure she really did miss Link... maybe she just wanted it seem so. She might have just broken the mirror to make sure she'd have rule of that land all to herself.

Even if she did love Link, I don't think they would have let her say that specific phrase. Nintendo goes out of their way to keep Link's affections vague so fans can decide for themselves which girl they'd like to see him with.

I suppose my main problem with the idea that Midna could have loved Link is... I don't think Midna is capable of caring about anyone. She strikes me as heartless, and I never quite trusted her. I never got over the feeling that she was manipulating Link for her own ends. She may have admitted to it and apologized, but that was probably to keep Link from turning on her when he figured it out (which he was close to doing). I expected her to betray me to Zant at the end, and then I expected her to betray me again to Ganondorf... I was surprised when she didn't. That was probably just because she didn't want to share any power, though.

The thing is, Midna is a Twili, and the Twili are... well, descendants of the most evil, self-centered magic users ever. It's hard to believe the apple would fall far from the tree. Also, when you start the game, you get a distinct Machiavellian sense from her. I know she can think that way, and I do appreciate her intelligence. She thinks kind of like me, actually, and I would never trust anyone who thinks like me. Especially not one that thinks like me, and isn't as sensitive... yikes. Midna isn't exactly sensitive or expressive, you know. She's rather cold.

I personally would have found the game more fun if Midna had betrayed me to Zant at Lakebed Temple or in the Palace of Twilight (or even Ganondorf at the end). The plot twist and the feeling of betrayal you'd get after having travelled with her that long would be... amazing. It would have been quite refreshing, actually. Just having her seem mentally and emotionally capable of betrayal but yet remaining loyal to the end seems so... dull and silly. If she was going to remain loyal to the end, why not have her be helpful and polite like Navi? Why bother creating a character that almost feels like a rival to the player in terms of controlling Link and observing the nature of puzzles... if they never betray you?

I don't know, maybe there was something about her that I just didn't "get." A lot of people like her and think she loved Link, and I don't understand why.

Indeed that would be a kiiller plot twist if Midna betrayed you. But I don't think it would happen in a million years. After all she is the rightful ruler of the Twilight Realm and Zant (well Ganondorf really) usurped her and mutated not only her, but also her beloved people. Ganondorf was using Zant as a puppet to try to rule both worlds so she wouldn't think about betraying Link to either of them.

I think Midna was just kinda prejeduiced (is that how you spell it?) against Light Worlders since they were like the Goddesses' favorites while her people were cast into the Twilight Realm.

And really I never saw her as all that self centered. She just had some preset views which slowly changed and just take a look at what happens in the middle of the game when Midna's dying. Zelda sacrifices her life to save Midna and Midna wants Zelda to survive. If that isn't called 'selflessness' then I don't know what is.

And I never saw her as heartless either. I just think she had a feeling of being all alone in a big, unfamiliar world.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I always thought she was going to apologize for putting Link though all of the things that he had to go through. I mean the enrite ordeal was sort of her fault anyway. I would sure apologize if I put someone through that stuff. But I think she didn't feel like she should say sorry, keeping true to her Midna-ness.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Okay, we all can assume, just based on how Midna treated Link, that she had a thing for him. If she was going to apologize to Link in the end, she would've said I'm not I. She was going to say I love you, but didn't want to leave Link heartbroken and upset all at the same time. She said see you later just to lessen the pain of her permanent leave. I hope this helps you. (I beat the game 30 times and still cry when she leaves)

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
(I beat the game 30 times and still cry when she leaves)

I can't believe you. That's ubsurd, you cry?! :/ I've never cried in a Zelda game. I've only been close to crying each time I beat MC. Link got so attached to Ezlo, then he leaves. FOR 100 YEARS! Well, I guess Link's grandson will get to meat him when he's 72!

My brother cried when my mom beat OoT because he thought it was all over, you could never to it again. He was 3 at the time. So when he cried, my mom said that he could play it again (I was only 1 so I'm going off of what my mom always tells me. ;) ) Then my brother beat it when he was three. ...

I got off subject there didn't I?

Back to Midna. I think that she just broke the Mirror of Twilight (I don't know why I didn't say this in the beginning of the thread. I am the creator of it. ??? ) Broke the Mirror of Twilight into 1,000 pieces, but Link could put it back together. Midna knew this, and she did it to see if Link was truthful to her. So, in the new Zelda Wii, Link reasembles the Mirror and Midna come back! But they can't let anybody see her, so she disguises herself as the Master Sword. Then we see King Bulblin bowing to a black blob and saying "Sorry master. I failed." Then the black blob kills the Bulblin dude and we later figure out that the black blob was VAATI! WOOHOO!

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
"I had a great adventure. It was fun."

That's what I think it was supposed to be. I don't think she loved Link; she just saw him as a cool guy to save the world with.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Haha, I think it was "I Love You".
It wouldn't be I'll be back if she knew she was breaking the mirror so no one could ever come back through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom