• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Famous Last Words

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Midna's original Japanese saying did not translate to this. These famous last words of Midna's are simply a creation of the English translator. Her original words translated to (basically): "Link I'll... I'll see you around."

However, this does not deny that Minda fell in love with Link. (One could easily see that she did throughout the course of the game. Just look at the body language and some words.)

Why did the English translators do this? Maybe they wanted to make the message clear for fans? Perhaps Aonuma wanted to actually hint at love but the English translators wanted to make it obvious? Who knows. We only know that those were not her words.

More info for the day. :D

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Personally I think that she was going to say "I love you" at first, but then she got nervous and decided at the last second to not say it and instead said, "See you later." :)

Austin

Austin
I think it's pretty clear she loved Link, and that the feelings were mutual. Going beyond this particular scene, when you land in the Gerudo Desert, Midna runs her hand along Link's face when she asks if he'll come with her. One may be tempted to say that she was merely seducing Link into coming along, but given that she was in imp form at the time (and that I'm the only one who still finds her attractive like that, that option is pretty much out. Also, after she uses the Fused Shadow to destroy the barrier surrounding Hyrule Castle, the scene ends in Link cradling her. Note that he did not just catch her to keep her from harm, he was cradling her towards his chest. Both of these events seem pretty conclusive.

This was definately the most intimate relationship yet in a Zelda game. The Link/Tetra relationship was more of a school crush kind of thing, nothing as deep as you see between Link and Midna. So, yes, I think Midna's words were going to be "I love you", and I'm pissed at Nintendo for not resolving this situation X(

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I really don't think Midna actually "loved" Link, but Midna and Link were just best friends because they got so attached to each other.
But on the other hand, I think Midna was going to say Good Bye, but it was to painful to say, so she said "I'll see you later." It's really clear that Link and Midna care for each other, but not in a loving kind of way.

N

nymphadorena

I can't believe you. That's ubsurd, you cry?! :/ I've never cried in a Zelda game. I've only been close to crying each time I beat MC. Link got so attached to Ezlo, then he leaves. FOR 100 YEARS! Well, I guess Link's grandson will get to meat him when he's 72!

My brother cried when my mom beat OoT because he thought it was all over, you could never to it again. He was 3 at the time. So when he cried, my mom said that he could play it again (I was only 1 so I'm going off of what my mom always tells me. ;) ) Then my brother beat it when he was three. ...

I got off subject there didn't I?

Back to Midna. I think that she just broke the Mirror of Twilight (I don't know why I didn't say this in the beginning of the thread. I am the creator of it. ??? ) Broke the Mirror of Twilight into 1,000 pieces, but Link could put it back together. Midna knew this, and she did it to see if Link was truthful to her. So, in the new Zelda Wii, Link reasembles the Mirror and Midna come back! But they can't let anybody see her, so she disguises herself as the Master Sword. Then we see King Bulblin bowing to a black blob and saying "Sorry master. I failed." Then the black blob kills the Bulblin dude and we later figure out that the black blob was VAATI! WOOHOO!

okay, wait, WHAT!? what were you talking about with the whole link reassembles the mirror and King Bulbin weirdness and the whole master sword thing?
like, is this canon? cause i have been looking up everything i could possibly find about the new zelda game and there has been almost NOTHING about plot points, unless this was released...like yesterday. Is this true, or like your speculations about the game, or what you WISH would happen?

M

Mighty Deku

that is an.....interesting theory for zelda wii 43forcegems

anyway i agree with whoever said it , midna was probably brought up to think"hey look light world people all morons" but then meets link and changes Hes that awesome

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well I think that she might have wanted to say something but she couldn't remember. But I'm not sure. It could've been 'I'll be back,' or something like that if Zelda Wii is the sequal to TP.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
okay, wait, WHAT!? what were you talking about with the whole link reassembles the mirror and King Bulbin weirdness and the whole master sword thing?
like, is this canon? cause i have been looking up everything i could possibly find about the new zelda game and there has been almost NOTHING about plot points, unless this was released...like yesterday. Is this true, or like your speculations about the game, or what you WISH would happen?

That's my thoughts. It's not the real story. So..... yahhhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom