• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Expansive Overworld Or Denser Overworld?

Ariel

Think for yourself.
really? in oot there are holes all over the game (in the ground) that you can go to and find stuff. there are mask lenders that tell you to go sell masks there are places to go in kakarikos village graveyard, bigorons sword, great fairys that lend you new magical attacks including but not limited to (Naarus Love) so as you can see you missed plenty in oot if you are saying that oot is not dense in quality and there isn't 2 things extra not including magic armor because you need that in the story it isn't extra

in (TP) that i am sure you can mention

Is that what you think than why is oot crowned the best zelda game in the series, some know it as the best game ever.

here are a couple sources for that comment: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=239815 , http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/03/2051221

here are a couple saying that zelda TP is the worst zelda ever http://oreillywriter.com/gamefilter...-game-ever-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess/ , and one comming straight from zelda universe: http://oreillywriter.com/gamefilter...-game-ever-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess/

ignore the second link it is false

With this aside i am not saying that twighlight princess is a really bad game and a matter of fact i've beaten it twice what i am saying is that twighlight princess is nothing in comparison to oot and hardly deserves the title of zelda

i does, but hardly by a narrow margin

all this about twighlight being better than oot.... buffalo sh^t

Alright dude, that's nice. You have an arrogant tone, but your point is barely valid. This is not a "which is the better game thread" this is about the overworld. And here's another point you've missed, it's all opinion. You can't prove opinion, because there is no right answer. There is no "game formula" where you can quantitatively grade a game on its merit. Yes, your opinion can be backed up by other opinions, but they are also opinions. And if you're trying to prove that OoT is the highest rated game, no one's disagreeing with you. To say it IS the better game is unprovable. So you're arguing an unwinnable argument, against no body, in a completely irrelevant thread, and you've also managed to amke yourself look dickish. At least you've made some points about the OoT overworld, but thats sort of overshadowed by your statement that Twilight Princess doesn;t deserve to be a Zelda game. I would think Eiji Aonouma, Shigeru Miyamoto, the holders of the Legend Of Zelda copyright - Nintendo, those numerous sources you've just cited, this site, and most anyone that could read a game title, would disagree.

Enough of that now.

Does anyone else feel "crowded" in a Zelda game, when there is too much to do around you, always passing a potential sidequest thinking that you have to do that before the next dungeon or else you'll miss out on something? Anyone? I like the vast space like in Twilight Princess' Hyrule Field, but I need something to do also.

What if there were cyclical opportunities for sidequests in Skyward Sword, at least in one particular instance, say if some guy travelled into Hyrule periodically who could offer a sidequest or even just a piece of dialogue. It'd definitely make the game feel more alive. Or would that be to Pokemon-ish, RPG-like?

Z

zbygy9

I'd say quality of the overworld > quantity. Quantity following quality is most certainly welcome though. :)

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
I want a huge world - with lots to do in it. I want the biggest Zelda overworld ever, especially after the ridiculously tiny DS games.

I 100% agree with this. You couldn't really explore properly in Spirit Tracks as you are on the Train most of the time. So a big Hyrule Field would be a big plus.

We NEED a huge overworld! As well as a lot of stuff to do in it. One of the things I enjoyed about TP was that it never really got old exploring Hyrule Field, Zora's Domain, Snowpeak, Lake Hylia, and especially Gerudo Desert. Now, I know Gerudo Desert was really huge and had NOTHING to do in it, besides killing Leevers (I think that's what they're called!) it was simply surprising how big it actually was. So something that is as big, if not larger, than the TP overworld, but a lot more stuff that you can do to make it more interesting.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
...Call me crazy, but why not both? Not as big a world as TP, but a bigger one than OoT, with just as much to do in it or more. I know it's a lot to ask, but hey, I almost worship The Legend of Zelda. I expect a lot out of it. :)

Majora's Cat

How about that
@ khalil

Is that what you think than why is oot crowned the best zelda game in the series, some know it as the best game ever.

here are a couple sources for that comment: http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=239815 , http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl.../07/03/2051221

here are a couple saying that zelda TP is the worst zelda ever http://oreillywriter.com/gamefilter/...ight-princess/ , and one comming straight from zelda universe: http://oreillywriter.com/gamefilter/...ight-princess/

ignore the second link it is false

With this aside i am not saying that twighlight princess is a really bad game and a matter of fact i've beaten it twice what i am saying is that twighlight princess is nothing in comparison to oot and hardly deserves the title of zelda

i does, but hardly by a narrow margin

all this about twighlight being better than oot.... buffalo sh^t

Your points are in fact not valid and you are being terribly biased. I'm even writing an article on this in the Articles section about MM's rise in popularity. Sure, OoT was revolutionary and is still the greatest game of all time, but seriously. :/

Anyway, I actually like crowded Zelda games. Big and crowded - a large quantity with quality. No Zelda game has really lived up to my expectations when it comes to an overworld - Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask were probably the closest. I think that Nintendo's going to go with a smaller overworld after hearing complaints about Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, and I agree with them. A smaller and more condensed overworld would do SS good and hopefully give you a lot more to do and explore.

G

Generations

Definitely large with many, many things to do. I LOVE huge overworlds and I LOVE exploring and coming across many different secrets that contain sweet prizes. Quantity and quality all the way.

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
I'd like to see a balance of size and density. I would like the personality of Minish Cap's environments mixed with the size and variation of Twilight Princess' environments. Maybe having lots more NPCs walking around a town but an empty desert just to make you feel each individual setting for the way it's intended.

Master

Upcoming
I would perfer an expanded world in Skyward Sword , because the graphics in the game looks so nice and relaxing , i really wouldn't mind a huge landscape to look at everytime i play !

Ariel

Think for yourself.
And what do you guys think about the importanceof having beautiful scenery and stylized locations. Would you prefer a great varied environment with exotic and breathtaking landscapes, but less to do, or a very busy, not as pretty, but side-quest and ggameplay heavy overworld.

I would actually opt for the former, but only if the main story and gameplay is exceptional. If not, the latter would have to pull up the main story and gameplay's lack of substance.

You?

D

DekuScrub

I approve of this topic! :)

I feel the same way about wanting to have a large overworld but having alot to do in it. Hopefully with the combined area of Hyrule and Skyloft we'll have a decent sized overworld to explore.

Just toward you guys arguing who had the best overworld between OoT and TP? Well I think they both did alright, but Majora's Mask and Wind Waker take the cake with a huge variety of sidequests and deep compelling characters. OoT and TP fell short in those two areas which in my personal oppinon make a great overworld. Of course OoT and TP had a better main quest, such as the amount of dungeons and variety.

Both. I want an expansive overworld that contains a wide variety of things to do. From exploration, to tasks, etc. I don't see why there couldn't be some of both, so long as the area didn't exceed the memory capacity of the Wii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom