• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

I'm going to rant for a moment.

If you do not plan to use your information roles then do everyone a favor and sub out!

What Mint Elv did was basically game throwing. That role is beautiful and so useful. They could have worked with the town and revealed two mafia and won the game. Instead they decided to be unhelpful and literally throw the game because they were worried they would hinder people IN A MAFIA GAME!!

I don't view them as trying to not hinder the town. They didn't care about solving the game, and have done more harm than good. Time and effort somebody else could have used, wasted on them. A beautiful role was wasted on them.

And while mafia may not have been targetted, they are still out there with us the more ignorant. We don't know what their roles are, who they are. Mint Elv may have had three uses but what use are they if she only uses one of them on a player?

Seriously if anyone else is going to pull a stunt like Mint Elv, sub out and save the game the trouble and the headache, instead of what is basically gamethrowing.

this is for you, @Storm !

or Mint Elv and Numbers? This might be the strongest link in a potential pair because they barely interacted, if any

Hmm.. perhaps. I'll think on it.

Hmm... perhaps. I'm not sure why Mint would clear you though. They could have easily just... not.

Numbers would make sense, but then I'm not sure if they would have targeted Rag with the cop check

I just thought of this idea - wouldn't it make more sense for scum!Seanzie to think of using his role earlier to get in the clear about it rather than later? What would he need it later for after Day 3's role reveals? Hmm, unless he really though KoD was a Doctor?

This is a good point. If I had this role as mafia, I wouldn't use it until endgame to possibly allow for a kill that was doc/tracker immune, unless I had a partner with a role that would protect me from investigation.

Unfortunately, I also wouldn't use it as town unless I had an express reason to. It is a tough role to use.

Hmm.. perhaps. I'll think on it.

Hmm... perhaps. I'm not sure why Mint would clear you though. They could have easily just... not.

Numbers would make sense, but then I'm not sure if they would have targeted Rag with the cop check

Mint Elv clearing me: Support from one Town, and her role proven to Town who would always support her.

They could go back to saying they checked ExLight, or maybe even DawningWinds to see if they were 3p. This game is too hard to solve lol

Okay, so, since I may not be around any more in… 3 more hours.

If I were to be held at gun point right now, from what I think, and if I got the answer wrong, I would be shot, I am going to say that the Mafia is Mint Elv and Numbers.

Mind, if I actually die now, this doesn’t mean it is them. Seanzie could still be Mafia who faked his role - which is why it should be crucial to clear him tomorrow. Rag could still be Mafia with Numbers (doubt). But, if we take into account EoD 2, Jinjo

EchoLight’s role… I don’t think fits as a scum role here. Her behavior, other than EoD 2, is fine. If Minish is Mafia, gg you earned the win you mad woman.

So, if Seanzie’s role is legit, last two Mafia could really be in Mint Elv/KoD/Numbers, and right now, unless I change my mind from further reading that makes me want to shoot the gun myself, I am gonna go with Mint Elv and Numbers.

Mint Elv

Fish!
I just couldn't recall if you had before. And I can't think of what role name would fit with that ability so that's why I was asking.
John Jane Doe

I don’t know who I am so I take a role pm to create my identity. That’s the logic behind it. It’s also why I doubt KoD can’t claim. I know numbers at one point suggested John Doe for KoD. In fact numbers has been heavily buddying him. If I had to pick a like scum team then I would say KoD and numbers.

Jinjo (5) - SoulAdvent, Mint Elv, Seanzie, DawningWinds, Morbid Minish
Seanzie (3) - EchoLight, Jinjo, Ragnarokio
Echolight (1) - Paranoid King
Ragnarokio (1) - 15377
Not voting (1) - KingOfDominaria

Above is assuming 15377/Numbers is at least truthful about Ragnarokio being an Independent. If Seanzie's is fake, obviously don't take below with as much value.

The answer to the mystery lies in Day 2.

@SoulAdvent Forgot to ask about last day phase you gave a list of 3 players you suspected which were Storm, numbers, and Rag. Afterwards on day 1 you said something along the lines of numbers and Rag are good for now and if they are good for you then why did you put them as suspects earlier?

Note Jinjo asking me about Numbers and Rag. Would be funny if both are Mafia together, but it wouldn't surprise me here if Jinjo wanted to potentially incriminate me later by mentioning Numbers like as if I had a suspicion on Numbers that I just... dropped - in case Numbers died. Not a reason I am confident in using against Numbers alone... but still good to take note.

I also don't get the town read on numbers and Mint. Numbers vote on PK was for focusing on items but he didn't say anything about PK's posts about Mint and his interaction with the players closer to eod didn't look like he was focusing on items. Mint has been asking questions and was interacting with Seanzie and PK on day 1 and said they would vote Storm and never voted him. They also said it seemed like PK contradicted himself which made it look like they had two players they had in mind for a vote on day 1. Why hold back? Was there no conviction?

It's very interesting that out of everyone's Town reads on other players, Jinjo goes out of her way to discredit these two players. Everything Jinjo says obviously has an agenda, and this one may not have been so simple as to just decrease the credit of two players. While Numbers did vote for PK for his posts on items, that's not the only thing Numbers did throughout the game that would make him look Town. Jinjo pushes Mint for not having conviction on two players, and again trying to dismantle their Town cred when it wasn't the only thing going on. They also criticize Mint for not voting, when Jinjo doesn't end up voting Mint, nor Numbers here either. Jinjo doesn't take either opportunity to "mislynch" them, when she could use it to look like she is trying to solve the game. It's not until Mint Elv votes her, that Jinjo votes back.

If this is Jinjo's agenda with at least one of her partners (or both), then the positive comment she gave on how KoD handled using his flavor cop making him look Townie makes more sense as a pocket than a w/w scenario. Mafia would prefer Town reach good conclusions about their partners on their own rather than the Mafia themselves doing it. The most I can think that KoD and Jinjo here are w/w is if Jinjo wanted an excuse to back off KoD after Ragnarokio's vote on them. Then again, why would KoD jump on Jinjo and then back off immediately if, say, he wanted to distance between the two in the first place? Role confusion about her twins? Maybe Jinjo really didn't want to be the first vote on a potential mislynch from the future heat she would get from it.

I find this to be low effort voting from Rag. Its essentially KoD is off his meta but it's been addressed multiple times already that KoD just started a champs game and further has been like this for a few games now, flipping town in said games. Combined with the things I mentioned earlier and the gremlin snafu and I think I'm comfortable leaving my vote here.

Vote: Rag

I don't think there's any other way to look at it other than Seanzie wanted to look town there. If he wanted to justify his asking what player I'd cop he could have easily said he was just using my answer to read me. This is in line with how seanzie's play has presented, similar to how he blind votes to Guage reactions, so I'd say it's fairly believable and he has to reveal no information to do so. But it does nothing to alleviate the pressure from KoD or the possible incoming votes from players like you and I who expressed being okay with voting him. Further the immediate pressure from KoD is a strong indication that KoD had targeted him so he's going to want to be in front of that claim and not behind it since it's not clear the full scope of what KoD would receive. The problem is both town!seanzie and scum!seanzie would want to have this look and probably would take the same action.

I'm assuming the he/him pronouns in this are mostly referring to KoD? I'd say it's indicative of them not being partnered because that theater makes no sense in my world view. Scum!KoD aggressively attacking Town!Seanzie and then jumping off after other players have expressed willingness to vote Seanzie still makes sense, as does the reverse alignment interaction and town/town.

Here, Numbers s voting Rag for voting KoD for low effort. This is probably the only potential link to 15377 and KoD being a team here (though take note of the entire thread to see if there is anything that could discredit this.).

Unfortunately this where Numbers stops with their voting. They don't get in either Seanzie or the Jinjo voting, but mostly talk about Seanzie rather than Jinjo(who earlier they brush off for just acting as their usual self in OMGusing).

Rag vote from Numbers seems reasonable. They make a good point about several people having addressed the meta issues which makes it seem weird to continue trying to use meta to read KoD. I'm not sure I would vote Rag, I'd want to check back at their posts, but this is probably one of the first things that has stuck out as something I don't take issue with from Numbers.

"one of the first things that has stuck out as something I don't take issue with from Numbers"

Oh my god... and DW literally died the following night!! Was DW really that suspicious of Numbers throughout the whole game...? This probably requires a DW reread (and it may not be me who has the time for it).

If Numbers is really Mafia here, then it's funny that the only thing DW ended up not having an issue with Numbers with here is Numbers's criticism of the Independent, LMAO.

I haven't been satisfied with Mint's approach towards me. Votes me because of omgus which is nai and it felt like they were looking for a reason to vote for someone. They also said I wasted posts and what I find interesting is alot of other players have also wasted posts by talking about mechanics which has nothing to do with scum hunting. They also did not respond back to me but instead talked to Dawning.

Vote: Mint Elv

Maybe they forgot to respond back to their scum partner :M

What do you think about what Minish said about Rag earlier?

Here I am quoting Numbers 12 minutes close to EoD but I get no reply on this and Numbers is absent. Numbers does show up an hour and 14 minutes after the phase ends, though. Obviously this doesn't necessarily mean much, could be he just did not have the time, but he still didn't get on either side.

---

The biggest link I could make for Numbers and Mint Elv being connected to Jinjo here is from the second quote in which she tries to only discredit them together, and for meh reasons she doesn't end up pushing it, so yeah, that's what I'm going with.

John Jane Doe

I don’t know who I am so I take a role pm to create my identity. That’s the logic behind it. It’s also why I doubt KoD can’t claim. I know numbers at one point suggested John Doe for KoD. In fact numbers has been heavily buddying him. If I had to pick a like scum team then I would say KoD and numbers.

Oh my god??

I had just written and deleted a mention to you in my post that was just telling you to go after Numbers and KoD if you are Town!!

John Jane Doe

Wait, if you don't know who you are, if you take a Town's role PM, doesn't that make you Town? But say, if you took a scum's, would that make you Mafia?

Give me the details.

Is the buddying about KoD not being able to claim because he is a John Doe the only reason why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom