• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

I bid everyone’s souls.

1) Why would mafia kill someone with no shots left?
2) Are you implying that you think I’m mafia with KoD?
3)If Jinjo was a bus, explain the logic in bussing her. She didn’t have attention on her that heavily and I could have easily helped her out and voted Seanzie in the phase or something. Instead I straight up argued with people about meta clearing, which would have been the perfect excuse to unvote her.

1) If you have no shots left, then your abstaining is even worse. Sorry if you're Town when I say this, but if we lose, I'm going to think in the back of my head that had you used it, we may have had a higher chance of winning. Even if I had a Cop that roleblocks, I would have used it three times (and one not even on the host but getting mad over this isn't going to change what's done is done even if you end up Town). Again, sorry if that makes me an ass, I take full blame for the PK lynch, but that's different than abstaining from using a role.

2) I am kind of considering it but I've been thinking that I have KoD's role confidently figured out now, in which case it has to be Town if it's what I think it is. There's some nice hints around too. Even though I mentioned you and 15377 as a pair, I'm not feeling sold on it. I'm still considering alternatives even with the roles in place. Do you have any ideas for potential pairs? You said a PK lynch would give the most information - what's the information you got from ti?

3) You are right and raise good points, but with PK dead my paranoia levels increase so even some unlikely things start looking more likely despite how they turned out.

Yes balance needs to be considered, but it’s also been made clear that this isn’t a typical mafia, and suddenly you’re ignoring that.

Hmm, it's not really that off the rails other than the names. The money thing is unique, but the best that it seems to have affected is to take place of more generic roles like Cop and Doctor. I doubt ExLight would make the teams unbalanced with Mafia or Town not having enough firepower for the other just because of the money mechanic. Actually, now that I think about the money mechanic more, the Mafia are likely to have stronger roles in general because of the lack of money they have compared to the Town. So, maybe the Town are really in the weaker roles with not much use?

You also seem to be ignoring behavior and not observing it properly.

No, I took behavior more in and PK flipped Town ;_;.

Town does not wish to hinder town. Town is more likely to hesistate in using negative utility roles than mafia because mafia couldn’t care less what they cause for town or how they harm them.

Yeah, but Mafia also wants to look good and not give the Town too much information ;). Sure, okay, you did not want to hinder Town with the 3rd shot, but you might have hindered Mafia a bit, though is it really much of a hinderance if it's just some text? If the player forgets about their role then it's their fault for forgetting.

1) Why would I claim? Claiming my role unless we are scumbuds just gives town free people to trust. Mafia does not want that. They want town to fight and backstab as much as possible. There is also the factor of town knowing what is going on instead of letting them freak out

Having a role explained so you are not lynched out of PoE for not having one. I've seen it done before by Mafia. Yes, that's true that a check would give Town more free people to trust... which you didn't do by using two of your shots badly. One on the host and one on... nothing. So, you are admitting you know the immense benefit of your role, but you decided to not use it in case it hinders someone... when it could even hinder Mafia. No offense, but you may have better been off lynched Day 2 and I trust Minish would have used your role to much, much better effect.

2) Why hesitate? Again why should mafia care how they hinder town? It was pretty clear by night two that the chances of a major tracker or watcher role was more unlikely than a normal mafia game. And why kill DW over a mystery role and steal three roles to solve the game? Or even steal two and claim my role was stolen?

Because your role gives a free Townie if they reveal them. You aren't going to use it on your own partner, because if they then flip or somebody else finds something incriminating on them, then you're down as well. Using it on me means I am more likely to be on your side. The Dawning Winds kill is very confusing - he seemed to have the most money and could have sided with them. Maybe they thought he was lying about his items for sale, I don't know. Maybe his activity was the issue and killing him off was more worth it to potentially lower Town's interest in the game. Bus Driver KoD? Ehh.

If I didn’t know your role I would honestly find it suspicious, with how desperate you suddenly seem.

Well, yes, I am desperate because the scum read that I lynched flipped Town, which means all that I internalized and thought about the game was more likely to be on my side, isn't.

3)If Jinjo was a bus, explain the logic in bussing her. She didn’t have attention on her that heavily and I could have easily helped her out and voted Seanzie in the phase or something. Instead I straight up argued with people about meta clearing, which would have been the perfect excuse to unvote her.

Also, hey, I voted Jinjo first and stuck to her arguing with her as well, and you ended up using your role one me because you thought I was roleplaying mentioning wolves and villagers (which actually isn't about me having another personality?), so let's not be hypocritical on why I should clear you when technically you threw the first rock here by using your role on me despite your own argument in your favor can also be used for me.

Also, wtf?? It actually finds out the alignment of the player too?? I thought it was just the role in the Role PM!! If ExLight balanced this role as Town, then he must have been on crack to think that a role that triples targets for everyone else alive upon death, and an information role for Town that can get the FULL Role PM is any way balanced unless Mafia has some massive roleblocking power or the like to go against it.

Mint Elv

Fish!
If you have no shots left, then your abstaining is even worse. Sorry if you're Town when I say this, but if we lose, I'm going to think in the back of my head that had you used it, we may have had a higher chance of winning. Even if I had a Cop that roleblocks, I would have used it three times (and one not even on the host but getting mad over this isn't going to change what's done is done even if you end up Town). Again, sorry if that makes me an ass, I take full blame for the PK lynch, but that's different than abstaining from using a role.

Confratulations. But you want to know something that you are completely ignoring. I AM NOT YOU!!! I’m no Min, I’m not Seanzie, I’m not KoD. I’M ME! People have different playstyles and play differently. It’s nice that you’re some perfect god, but not everyone is. Not everyone is confident in their actions.
2) I am kind of considering it but I've been thinking that I have KoD's role confidently figured out now, in which case it has to be Town if it's what I think it is. There's some nice hints around too. Even though I mentioned you and 15377 as a pair, I'm not feeling sold on it. I'm still considering alternatives even with the roles in place. Do you have any ideas for potential pairs? You said a PK lynch would give the most information - what's the information you got from ti?
I don’t see Seanzie as mafia. I can’t see him paired with anyone unless they are doing some serious acting. Seanzie is most likely just super anti town.

Puppeteer wasn’t the best role, and Jinjos wasn’t that great either honestly. Echos does seem weak but we don’t know the full role. I imagine mafia has an op role to combat the town roles. Considering numbers is a roleblockong role and mine is an informative type of role I can see his as meant to counteract mine.

I still think mafia needs soemthong else on their side. Not having any infor on KoD is making it harder to judge. I wouldn’t be surprised if his role is informative as well but mafia side
3) You are right and raise good points, but with PK dead my paranoia levels increase so even some unlikely things start looking more likely despite how they turned out.
paranoia can lead to worse results. PK is our first mislynch.

Hmm, it's not really that off the rails other than the names. The money thing is unique, but the best that it seems to have affected is to take place of more generic roles like Cop and Doctor. I doubt ExLight would make the teams unbalanced with Mafia or Town not having enough firepower for the other just because of the money mechanic. Actually, now that I think about the money mechanic more, the Mafia are likely to have stronger roles in general because of the lack of money they have compared to the Town. So, maybe the Town are really in the weaker roles with not much use?
Does mafia really lack money though? Town can’t share money. Mafia can share money so they have $3000 vs towns individual amount.
No, I took behavior more in and PK flipped Town ;_;
Wasn’t it you jo said his role didn’t have enough effects or was that someone else?
Having a role explained so you are not lynched out of PoE for not having one. I've seen it done before by Mafia. Yes, that's true that a check would give Town more free people to trust... which you didn't do by using two of your shots badly. One on the host and one on... nothing. So, you are admitting you know the immense benefit of your role, but you decided to not use it in case it hinders someone... when it could even hinder Mafia. No offense, but you may have better been off lynched Day 2 and I trust Minish would have used your role to much, much better effect.
I could have fakeclaimed.
Because your role gives a free Townie if they reveal them. You aren't going to use it on your own partner, because if they then flip or somebody else finds something incriminating on them, then you're down as well. Using it on me means I am more likely to be on your side. The Dawning Winds kill is very confusing - he seemed to have the most money and could have sided with them. Maybe they thought he was lying about his items for sale, I don't know. Maybe his activity was the issue and killing him off was more worth it to potentially lower Town's interest in the game. Bus Driver KoD? Ehh.
We really don’t have enough info on the DW kill to judge it properly. It just seems weird unless mafia knew he could check money.
Well, yes, I am desperate because the scum read that I lynched flipped Town, which means all that I internalized and thought about the game was more likely to be on my side, isn't.
Nobody’s perfect.
Also, hey, I voted Jinjo first and stuck to her arguing with her as well, and you ended up using your role one me because you thought I was roleplaying mentioning wolves and villagers (which actually isn't about me having another personality?), so let's not be hypocritical on why I should clear you when technically you threw the first rock here by using your role on me despite your own argument in your favor can also be used for me.
First vote is different than second vote. Though ultimately third votes are deal dealers usually. Which neither of us can claim.
Also, wtf?? It actually finds out the alignment of the player too?? I thought it was just the role in the Role PM!! If ExLight balanced this role as Town, then he must have been on crack to think that a role that triples targets for everyone else alive upon death, and an information role for Town that can get the FULL Role PM is any way balanced unless Mafia has some massive roleblocking power or the like to go against it.
You mean like numbers role? His role blocks and silences right?

@Boo Did echo use their role on DW to check their role pm?

Confratulations. But you want to know something that you are completely ignoring. I AM NOT YOU!!! I’m no Min, I’m not Seanzie, I’m not KoD. I’M ME! People have different playstyles and play differently. It’s nice that you’re some perfect god, but not everyone is. Not everyone is confident in their actions.

I wish I was some perfect god. Then I wouldn't have gotten PK mislynched...

I feel like this isn't something you need to be a perfect god to do though :M... I mean, even if we go with the whole playstyle thing, it's why some people are picked and some aren't for Championships. I know the feeling of such a loss all too well, even very recently in life.

I don’t see Seanzie as mafia. I can’t see him paired with anyone unless they are doing some serious acting. Seanzie is most likely just super anti town.

Puppeteer wasn’t the best role, and Jinjos wasn’t that great either honestly. Echos does seem weak but we don’t know the full role. I imagine mafia has an op role to combat the town roles. Considering numbers is a roleblockong role and mine is an informative type of role I can see his as meant to counteract mine.

I still think mafia needs soemthong else on their side. Not having any infor on KoD is making it harder to judge. I wouldn’t be surprised if his role is informative as well but mafia side.

If 15377 is Mafia then damn they played a really good game. One thing I just thought of about his role in favor of him being Town is that Mafia wouldn't want Jinjo to submit nightkills when 15377 practically untouchable if anyone that touches him is blocked or afflicted with a posting restriction. PK being Mafia would have made this game so much more easier... :M

Does mafia really lack money though? Town can’t share money. Mafia can share money so they have $3000 vs towns individual amount.

Was this ever confirmed? Last time somebody asked, ExLight denied it.

Wasn’t it you jo said his role didn’t have enough effects or was that someone else?

Yeah I said it, but it wasn't role only, I was really sus of him.

I could have fakeclaimed.

Yes but it wouldn't be as effective if it's unproven.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Was this ever confirmed? Last time somebody asked, ExLight denied it.
Yes. He said anyone sharing a chat can split the cost on stuff.
If 15377 is Mafia then damn they played a really good game. One thing I just thought of about his role in favor of him being Town is that Mafia wouldn't want Jinjo to submit nightkills when 15377 practically untouchable if anyone that touches him is blocked or afflicted with a posting restriction. PK being Mafia would have made this game so much more easier... :M
Do we know if Jinjo even submitted the kills?

Socky the Puppet

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
@Morbid Minish

you are probably the player i trust the most in this game (god shoot me if i'm wrong) so i value your input over everyone else right now

why didn't you vote btw

I was trying to stay awake for EOD yesterday and fell asleep in the recliner and slept through it. So that's why I ended up not voting. I probably would've voted PK, though I never know for sure what I'll do in the heat of EOD.

Unfortunate PK was telling the truth about their role. Makes sense they would want to use as many market items as they could.

Btw HD, you said you don't have any more money right?

I wanna do a deep dive through the thread before start of day and see what I can find and maybe figure out who might be scum here. Because I must be wrong on someone.

Something I want to look into is d2. Because eod2 was an anomaly with how it went compared to the rest of eods. And for some reason I feel like that actually usually happens when it's scum/scum wagons. Though of course maybe it could be because there was a scum wagon on Jinjo, but I'm not sure. I need to recheck how exactly everything happened.

Socky the Puppet

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
@15377
Can you explain the role block part of your role a bit? You claimed streamer correct? How does a streamer roleblock people for targeting them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom