• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

I would too. Town would lose. Actually can’t say if numbers would be a mislynch, just me.

Light did say that roles may or not be randomly aligned. That makes me believe maybe he split up the dead interaction roles for balance maybe. If so I would say Minish town, Rag obviously indep, and Echo/Giri for mafia.

i feel like the best bet there is, mafia nks tonight, we lynch rag tomorrow, mafia nks, and then have 2 mafia (maybe 1 if rag is scum lol) vs 3 Town in Day 5

mafia has no need for Echolight's role

mafia has a need for both 15377's and Mint Elv's roles (and Mint Elv not using her info role and then complaining about lack of info is a bit sus in itself - town would want all the info it could get)

i feel like if these two are the mafia, town are ****ed because god these two would definitely succeed in a KoD mislynch, in which case obviously these two will never be nk'd, and Mafia would be crazy to not kill mint elv tonight with such a dangerous role

with PK being town the chances of a jinjo bus have increased a lot, and i guess mint elv wouldn't be bad fit? Jinjo voted Mint Elv after Mint Elv voted her instead of anyone else - wait no, she voted KoD too, would Jinjo vote both of her partners who voted her...?

@Morbid Minish

you are probably the player i trust the most in this game (god shoot me if i'm wrong) so i value your input over everyone else right now

why didn't you vote btw

I think her role is the towniest, and I’ve played quite a few games with her and her game is more in line with her Town self than her Mafia self.

We have no reason to think roles are AI, but you seem to be giving roles a whole lot of weight in your reads. Why is that?

We have no reason to think roles are AI, but you seem to be giving roles a whole lot of weight in your reads. Why is that?

Game balance for what tools the Mafia and Town can use against each other. “Would this role make more sense to be with Mafia than Town from what we know?” I doubt ExLight wouldn’t take that into account with the Mafia and Town roles, unless you think a game would be designed without taking role balance from both sides into consideration?

Game balance for what tools the Mafia and Town can use against each other. “Would this role make more sense to be with Mafia than Town from what we know?” I doubt ExLight wouldn’t take that into account with the Mafia and Town roles, unless you think a game would be designed without taking role balance from both sides into consideration?

Why is a backup a town role? It has plenty of utility on both sides.

Also, balance isn't really about which side gets what, it is about the sum of strengths of the roles (weighted based on utility). A game could easily be balanced with mafia having roles that have more utility as town, as long as some town roles are relatively weak as well.

Can you explain why Minish is townie without reference to roles?

Mint Elv

Fish!
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN THIS FELLOW JUST BID HIS MOM
CAN WE TAKE THIS TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL?

(this is jokes)

I bid everyone’s souls.

mafia has no need for Echolight's role

mafia has a need for both 15377's and Mint Elv's roles (and Mint Elv not using her info role and then complaining about lack of info is a bit sus in itself - town would want all the info it could get)

i feel like if these two are the mafia, town are ****ed because god these two would definitely succeed in a KoD mislynch, in which case obviously these two will never be nk'd, and Mafia would be crazy to not kill mint elv tonight with such a dangerous role

with PK being town the chances of a jinjo bus have increased a lot, and i guess mint elv wouldn't be bad fit? Jinjo voted Mint Elv after Mint Elv voted her instead of anyone else - wait no, she voted KoD too, would Jinjo vote both of her partners who voted her...?
1) Why would mafia kill someone with no shots left?
2) Are you implying that you think I’m mafia with KoD?
3)If Jinjo was a bus, explain the logic in bussing her. She didn’t have attention on her that heavily and I could have easily helped her out and voted Seanzie in the phase or something. Instead I straight up argued with people about meta clearing, which would have been the perfect excuse to unvote her.

Yes balance needs to be considered, but it’s also been made clear that this isn’t a typical mafia, and suddenly you’re ignoring that.

You also seem to be ignoring behavior and not observing it properly.

Town does not wish to hinder town. Town is more likely to hesistate in using negative utility roles than mafia because mafia couldn’t care less what they cause for town or how they harm them.

And since you’re so obsessed with roles and actions.

Let me ask you something using mine as an example.

1) Why would I claim? Claiming my role unless we are scumbuds just gives town free people to trust. Mafia does not want that. They want town to fight and backstab as much as possible. There is also the factor of town knowing what is going on instead of letting them freak out
2) Why hesitate? Again why should mafia care how they hinder town? It was pretty clear by night two that the chances of a major tracker or watcher role was more unlikely than a normal mafia game. And why kill DW over a mystery role and steal three roles to solve the game? Or even steal two and claim my role was stolen?

Nothing I did makes logical sense for a mafia move.

You have a role that harms no one. Min, Echo, Rag, have roles that harm no one.

Seanzie claims hesitating his role too. If he can prove his role then that hesitation is probably town hesitation to not cause issues.

There is also a large difference in hesitating to cause harm and straight up refusing talk.

Suddenly you seem to be ignoring these factors.

If I didn’t know your role I would honestly find it suspicious, with how desperate you suddenly seem.

Why is a backup a town role? It has plenty of utility on both sides.

Also, balance isn't really about which side gets what, it is about the sum of strengths of the roles (weighted based on utility). A game could easily be balanced with mafia having roles that have more utility as town, as long as some town roles are relatively weak as well.

Can you explain why Minish is townie without reference to roles?

Well, why would it be a back up for Mafia in this game? What's there for Mafia to take from the roles revealed so far? Maaybe Mint Elv's, and that's if she's even Town. The most useful role for Morbid Minish to take so far was Jinjo's in combination with Laurentus's color role. Mafia has no need for the colors role, it doesn't help them much with anything other than maybe figuring out some PRs, while Town has more use for it to find out who the Mafia is from, say, NKs.

Yes, that's what I mean - the sum of strengths of the roles makes certain roles be more useful for others.

Earlier in the game she made a post against PK potentially being Mafia for not thinking of having all the items lost if the Mafia kills him even if he does hoard them. I feel that kind of level of speculation is more to come from Town than Mafia. Her progression from you on to Jinjo also felt genuine. She put the effort to get you to out your role - if she wanted, she could not have forced you to out it as much, and thus have had less reason to move from you to Jinjo. Her general posts are also what I expect from town!Minish than mafia!Minish, who is usually quieter and doesn't dig their teeth in the game as much as town!Minish would like in EoD 2.

If you have reason to doubt Morbid Minish, I'm all ears. Throw me anything you can think of that makes my read bad and I will reconsider it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom