• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

But here's the catch, your results are a bit unusual: instead of receiving the name of the players you'll receive the colors associated to them. The players don't know what colors they are.
Hmm.
I might expect someone else to have an ability to see what colour is is associated with their target? Otherwise I don't see how much good it'd do because even if they could figure out orange's actions were consisently in line with what scum would likely do or whatever there wouldn't be much way to figure out who orange was save for them being honest about where they went?
I can kinda see the Medium maybe as being a role with a colour-check ability. Or maybe I'm nuts, but if there is such an ability out there, heck of a lot of good its going to do now...

Kinda surprised Storm's still around? Was expecting Mafia to target him so they could get the triple kill, but I guess they could be hoping to save that for later in the game.

Hello, nice weather today. Looks like Echo and KoD didn't post last night, so they might have wanted to wait on their actions or just lay low for the night. Not alignment indicative, just something I want to keep track of.

@Storm, I know you're upset about being voted on yesterday, but what is your plan as a pinata? When do you think would be the best time for you to triple all actions? I lean towards sooner rather than later, so we have more helpful actions to use, but I'm curious to know what you think.

PK I assume bought the stuff? Following up on his promise to buy everything?
Just the bug. Someone else snatched up the ticket. I can somewhat confirm that via the auction tonight. I think you need to up the prices for next time, haha.

The ticket's only useful when bought in secret, but it seems like it could be useful for either side.

The ticket's only useful when bought in secret, but it seems like it could be useful for either side.
Unfortunately I was running out of items that primarily benefit town so. I don't think it was something the Mafia would want to use though? With only three members they presumably want to use all their actions every night.

Yeah the ticket buyer probably shouldn't out till after it gets used up.

Looks like Echo and KoD didn't post last night, so they might have wanted to wait on their actions or just lay low for the night. Not alignment indicative, just something I want to keep track of.
I don't think not being around at night is worth noting, since its less urgent to respond to stuff due to there not being immediate threat of a lynch, and because people might not want to lock their actions in case they decide they want to change them, or various other NAI things.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Vote: Night Lengthening
Vote: Day Lengthening
Vote: No Hammer
Vote: No Lynch ExLight
Fixed.
Hello, nice weather today. Looks like Echo and KoD didn't post last night, so they might have wanted to wait on their actions or just lay low for the night. Not alignment indicative, just something I want to keep track of.
If it’s NAI why do you want to keep track of it?

Mint Elv

Fish!
I can't make sense of this reads list at all. Is this RVS shenaniganry? Is it a tier list? Why does it even exist?
This is a good if limited understanding of my meta. I am not post restricted. I am slow to enter new communities, though. Who do I know you as, by the by?
This is actually more the type of aggression I was expecting from you, just by reputation. Don't know where that leaves me, though, because I've only seen you as Town and in those games, you weren't as aggressive as I was expecting. I'm not counting Botwolf.
Uh, it's been a long time since I've played around these parts. It looks

This sounds like you're pre-emptively laying the groundwork to discredit any play KoD makes, in case he uses it on you and the result isn't favourable.
Is there any way to change it so I see 50 posts on one page?
Lock-town, never rescind.
This is a whole lot of words to make a null read. I think you're scum.
Hmm. I disagree with my earlier assessment. This thought-process looks genuine.
I'm not too fond of the continuous mechanics talk, but this strikes my gut as townie for some reason.
Is it anti-town or scummy?
I can't figure out if I'm reading posts in chronological order.
Laurentus posts collected for easy to find reference…

In light of Storm's lack of response, I'd like to bring talk about some of the reactions to their lynch.

The lynch wasn't a great one, because they weren't around much, so we wouldn't learn much from it. But it wasn't a bad one either. Some people seem to have taken Storm surviving as indication that they're not mafia, though.

Storm is not a confirmed pinata. They are not a confirmed town. They are just a person who survived being lynched.

So here's what Storm had to say.
i have 7 health. literally anyone doing a night action will kill me. whats the use?
PK and Souladvent are scum. or just very stupid.

my reads list was blank because nobody had posted when i posted it

and job is job. luckily ex is a Bulba so night posting?

otherwise i'd be dead with no one being the wiser

i am willing to sacrifice myself for the good of the town, but it also gives mafia and any potential SKs 3 shots too. so wow
and 7 when i was the Maj. either way, scum is gonna sweep me up, and next night, they'll get 3 kills
Essentially, dying is bad because it gives the mafia and SKs 3 kills apiece.
But they will die eventually. The question is just how soon.

But they respond to that with a strange, defeatist attitude. They revealed all the details of how they would die, in order to stop anyone from accidentally killing them, but gave up because they could be intentionally killed. They revealed how they would die, but refuse to reveal information about possible benefits of their death. They focus on a triple mafia kill, but refused to answer whether it would also triple cops. This is really suspicious to me.

Some of the responses to their lynch are strange, too.

Safe to say Storm is probably a possible target tonight.
omg what?? Triple shot their actions? So they are three times strong or can be used two more times!! :eek:
hmm that makes you so easy to kill though, if true then i doubt you would be Mafia because they don’t have many people’s lives to throw away

i feel like if this role would be activated then it would best be now instead if near the end of the game…

omg i wonder if it makes the check have two more targets!!
These are examples of good analysis. They don't assume Storm's alignment, just discuss what possible outcomes of this information would be.

assuming storm isn't dead by morning, i'll consider any vote made against him an intent to kill him, and unless i feel there is strong town motive behind doing so i'll take it to be a scumtell
because i didn't want people voting storm, having him die, and then claiming they didn't realize it would kill them to avoid culpability.
This feels like a weird position to take. It's oddly defensive of storm and seems to assume that they are town. Nothing Storm has done indicates that.

I don't think this is a good look. For one, it could be Mafia covering for Storm dying by them targeting him with one of their non-killing night actions.

Also, if we're worried about mafia choosing when to kill Storm, we can just kill him ourselves and no lynch that day so we don't get two townies dead at once, if Storm is town (which I guess he could have rolled Mafia, but that would really suck for them to have that role on their team).
This is, again, very pro-Storm. Not because of anything they did to indicate that, but because they're worried about the consequences.

I don't think the role is alignment indicative, because killing a team-member for a triple kill action is pretty good for mafia. It means they can win at Majority-2 instead of at Majority, so long as their sacrificial lamb.

I'm not going to back off of Storm just because they survived or revealed their role. If they're giving up, we can make use of the triple actions and get a better read on the people that responded to their lynch.

@Storm, I want a response. What is your plan as the pinata?

I don't think the role is alignment indicative, because killing a team-member for a triple kill action is pretty good for mafia. It means they can win at Majority-2 instead of at Majority, so long as their sacrificial lamb is not the last remaining member of the team.
Edit to finish thought.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I haven't read any responses since I went to sleep (and slept forever because I had a super long day yesterday), and I'm busy at the moment, so will catch up in a bit. But wanted to go ahead and post this.

I bought the watcher shot d1 and used it on KoD. Thought that he might be a target for mafia to either block, kill, or something at least because of his flavor cop threats. But, the only person who visited him was Laurentus and we know his role now.

So you think that anyone who doesn’t respond or takes a while to respond is more likely to be a tracker or something similar?
They are more likely to have a role or item that involves targeting another player, making them a good target for tracking. It's not a strong indication, but something is better than nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom