• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Enemies You Would Like to Have Seen in SS's Art Style

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
oh, i was just calling the ones in Faron Deku Scrubs since thats what they reminded me of and i never got close to the ones in the sky to give them a proper look. I only really class an octorok as an octorok if its in the water i guess.

*broadens her adaptive species in Zelda mindset*

What? The very first Octoroks were on land, and that's where they've always been in the 2D games. SS was the first 3D game to put them on land.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I think that Iron Knuckles could have used a makeover. In Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, their suits of armor are almost a reddish-brown, implying that the metal a bit rusty. But in Skyward Sword their suits could be shinier and more detailed than the later versions. Reading a very elaborate article recently has brought to mind the newer and more intricate designs of the SS Armos compared to one farther down the timeline. I believe that the same would be very fitting to place newly-crafted armor on an earlier reappearance of an enemy, such as the Iron Knuckle.

What? The very first Octoroks were on land, and that's where they've always been in the 2D games. SS was the first 3D game to put them on land.

Well, you're probably talking about Octoroks as standard land enemies in particular, but there was also the Miniboss in Jabu-Jabu's stomach, that Giant Octorok. Technically it wasn't on land, yet nor was it in the water. Sort of in between in terms of both. But you're right; SS Octorok's were the first of their kind to be involved on a 3D overworld scale.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Hands down I would have to say Darknuts or Iron Knuckles. Since the first Zelda game they've always been known as tough enemies and pretty much a staple of the Zelda series. I think they would've fit perfectly in SS because they're pretty much knights in a sense and they're best at fighting. I think that would've been perfect for SS and one of the main ideas behind SS which is motion controlled sword fighting. It would've been VERY cool to dual off against Iron Knuckles of Darknuts in SS because the developers could've tried to make them a really HARD enemy which is something I think SS lacked a little bit. That being said, another thing SS lacked was Ominous enemies. I know it had Stalfos and other tough enemies but not A LOT of really scary enemies or tough enemies. I think Darknuts/Iron Knuckles could've changed that up a bit. And about the artstyle of the enemies- I definately think that Iron Knuckles/Darknuts could've came out looking REALLY COOL in SS. I'm still having a hard time believing that the developers of the game didn't try that out :/

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
DADONGOES :).
I believe you mean dodongos, and yes, I would have loved them in SS. I think they kinda combined them with the lizalfoses though...some of the lizalfoses breathe fire, just like dodongos. I really liked the dodongos in TP. I like how they look like big geckos and that theyre not green all over like in OoT, their feet and tails are orange. I wonder why their tail is their only weak spot...

Illustration of the fictional zanbatou; it's a large blade that, while not practical in real-world combat, makes it a formidable one kill weapon when used in works of fiction (anime in particular):
Zhanmadao.jpg
Zanbatou​
I really would like to have seen more tank-like enemies; Darknuts, Iron Knuckles, and Ball and Chain Troopers come to mind. Not only would they look awesome with a Japanese-themed design a la Skyward Sword's overall atmosphere, but it would also have been neat to face them using the motion controls; what with finding their weak points and all. Building off the hypothetical Japanese-esque design, I'd imagine that their armor would be reminiscent of that of heavily-armored Feudal era samurais. Each respective enemy would probably wield a katana, a zanbatou, and/or a kanabo. The closest we got to seeing Iron Knuckles/Darknuts were the Earth Watchers in the Silent Realm...

And of course... It'd have also been nice to have seen a Wolfos or two, but then again, SS would have to have included a snow/ice region for their inclusion to make sense. I picture their design to be similar to that of Shiranui/Amaterasu from Okami - mirror and all.

Hmm... The absence of these monsters lead me to believe they were probably omitted due to a
An illustration of an samurai wielding a kanabo. Like the mythical zanbatou, this weapon is quite large and packs quite a punch, which is why I think it's the perfect weapon to be wielded by a powerhouse like the Darknut:
Samurai_Tokugawa_Era.jpg
Kanabo​
lack of a respective region for each of them (this calls for some digging). However, I think the Sealed Temple (past) would have been a perfect location, at least for the Iron Knuckles and Darknuts (Feudal Japan ftw)...

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I would have liked to see Dark Link make a comeback. Espicely in SS Style, also i think the Wizarobes would have been intersting to see.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I would have liked to see wall masters and floor masters. They would have been fun to see and beat.
I would also have liked to see....maybe Takkuri? Hmmm. Though I don't like takkuri, it would have been fun to see them in Skyward Sword art style.
And maybe some redeads too. I might a bit scared of them, but they're still fun to beat.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
There are so many enemies they missed out of Skyward Sword, but the enemy I would have really liked to see was the Darknut. The Lizaflos in SS were challenging, and adding another challenging enemy like Darknuts would have been great in Skyward Sword.

Skunk

Floof
I wouldlike to see the Reaplings from Phantom Hourglass becausethey're all cool and creepy and awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom