• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Enemies You Would Like to Have Seen in SS's Art Style

Enemies in Zelda are usually quite wonderful to come across, a lot of them are very well designed and the constant changes in art styles between games keep many returning enemies feeling fresh.

My personal favourite enemies have always been the Re-deads (i love zombie-esque things), they looked freaky in OoT back in the day when i played the game when it was new. I loved their style in the Wind Waker and though it was really wonderful and again in Twilight Princess they looked wonderful too in their knight-like form complete with dangerous swords and the way they rose up from the ground was fittingly eerie.

I was a little disappointed that SS didn't feature any Re-deads since i'm always looking forward to seeing new versions of them. Especially with SS's art style of which many people describe as part WW part TP, a Re-dead in that fashion would have just been awesome...

So this got me thinking, which enemy would you liked to have seen in SS's art style? Which enemies that weren't included do you think would have looked stellar in an SS guise?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Cursed Bokoblins basically acted as the Re-Deads of Skyward Sword. It was a bit different (and it wasn't exactly scary), but we pretty much did see
Re-Deads.

I would like to have seen the Wizzrobes. They got a makeover in The Wind Waker, and many enemies in Skyward Sword got their own makeovers, so seeing what Nintendo would have done with the Wizzrobes' design would have been really cool.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
ReDeads, Iron Knuckles, Darknuts, Guay, Tektites, hmm...and Dark Link. All would be interesting, all would likely be satisfying.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
ReDeads, Iron Knuckles, Darknuts, Guay, Tektites, hmm...and Dark Link. All would be interesting, all would likely be satisfying.

As JuicieJ already mentioned, Cursed Bokoblin were basically the ReDeads of Skyward Sword. I would of loved to have the ReDeads replace the Cursed Bokoblins though. I also agree that Iron Knuckles, Darknuts, Tektites, ect ect would look great in SS's art style. There are some others that I can think off the top of my head:

•Bubbles
•Wolfos
•Wall and Floormasters
•Poes
•Armos

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
Eyegores. They've not been in a 3D Zelda game since MM and with how all the other enemies were designed for the game (especially Beamos) it would have been great to see how Eyegores would have looked, graphically and how they would be designed

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
The first thing I thought when I saw the title of the thread was ReDeads. Zombie Bokoblins just weren't the same. Without their scream, they just AREN'T ReDeads. Besides, they didn't terrify me nearly as much as the ones from TWW did. (Out of all of the styles of ReDeads, I found them to be the scariest, maybe because I was so young when I first saw them... Or maybe just because they're right in between OoT and TP ones. They have both the biting thing and the more realistic movement. And they pop out of coffins. Tell me that's not scary.)

I was also a bit disappointed over the lack of Wallmasters or Floormasters. I really liked the Floormaster design in TWW. Despite how aggravating they can be, I sort of missed them.

Flare Dancers - Could have been a good fit for either the Earth Temple or Fire Sanctuary.

Poes - The only similar enemy I can think of from SS was the watcher in the Silent Realms. They could have been in the underworld section of Ancient Cistern? I guess they weren't in the game since there aren't really humans on the surface to have a graveyard or anything. Now that I think of it, the undead monsters kind of got shafted in this game - no poes, gibdos, redeads, wallmasters, floormasters, minibosses like Gomess, Dead Hands, or Death Sword. It was pretty much just cursed bokoblins and stalfos.

Freezards - Sadly there wasn't an ice area of the game, so this wouldn't really make sense.

Octoroks - Actually nevermind. Tentalus looked unbearably ridiculous.

Overall I actually thought that the monsters that were there fit their environments well, I guess I just wish there was more of an undead or ice area in the game to have monsters to match.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
There were armoses and guays. Guay = birds in Faron Woods that poop on you. Armos = statue things in Lanayru that you have to use the gust bellows on to weaken, then hit their crystals.

I'll be unoriginal and say poes and redeads. Wolfoses too. Maybe kargaroks, they would have been cool in the thunderhead instead of those wierd bug things. I wonder why those bugs werent given a species name?

And yeah, the zombie bokoblins are NOT redeads. They still hump like them though...

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Im a bit twisted so... wall and floormasters, redeads and Gibdos, DEAD HAND, iron knuckles (I don`t know about you, but I LOVED beating those guys in TP... as long as it was only one or two at a time), anubuses (if that`s the correct plural for the them...) pretty much anything that gave me nightmares as a child i would`ve loved to see in SS graphics

There were Grass Octoroks in the Faron Woods, which hid underneath bushes and popped out to shoot at you. In Lanayru, there were rock Octoroks that did the same thing but under rocks. Then there were also some in the sky that hung out on floating rocks. ^^

oh, i was just calling the ones in Faron Deku Scrubs since thats what they reminded me of and i never got close to the ones in the sky to give them a proper look. I only really class an octorok as an octorok if its in the water i guess.

*broadens her adaptive species in Zelda mindset*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom