• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Help Embarrassed to Buy a Pokemon Game

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Almost every time I get a new Pokemon or Zelda game, I'm extremely excited. Sometimes I'm so thrilled, I cant stop smiling like an idiot. Maybe you should think about how cool the game's gonna be instead of how you look like buying one. There are definitely more embarrassing things to purchase in front of people than a "children's" game...

C

ChinchillaBau5

I too, used to feel embarrassed when buying a Pokemon game; but who cares what other people think? I am certainly not going to let society define what I should play or not play.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
I'd just ignore what other people think of you. I still watch and play Pokemon (even the card game too) I also have a whole bin full of Pokemon stuff from the cards all the way to the monopoly board game. I'm a teenager too, but I don't care what people think. I just pretend that they're only making fun of me because they're jealous. that's how I look at it. Don't let other people judge you. it's your choice to stay a kid and be into kid stuff. I still act as if I'm ten sometimes, so act the age you want to act. Don't let other people tell you that you should "grow up" being a kid is awesome!

RichardBlaziken

Mr. Blaziken
I once felt as you do, but I'm 22 and still buy Pokemon games in-store. I even started playing it around my friends last year, literally no one cared. I got some odd looks when they found out I was playing Pokemon, but mostly because it wasn't something I'd ever talked about liking before. Through this, one of my other friends who loved Pokemon, but was afraid to admit it, started playing with me, and we've had a blast with it. I say go for it, you only get one life, it's seriously not worth wasting it in hiding from the world. Be yourself and embrace the things you love, and anyone who doesn't like it can take a long walk off a short cliff.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I myself am actually now a bit scared to buy Pokemon. See, I rip on the franchise a lot. To me, it doesn't change a lot. It's kind of like someone comparing Melee to Brawl at face value. Of course the internal stuff changes, but I don't play PKMN competitively so I'd never notice these changes. What changes I do notice are either horrid (PKMN designs are ridiculous to me post Gen III), or "finally" types (like the shift to 3D, which is still ugly and weak; horde battles which we've been dying to have).

But i was also thinking, for as much as I rip on the franchise...what if I got X or Y? Would it be blasphemy?

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Me and a guy I go to church with (an adult leader) made a deal to buy different Gen 6 games so we could trade. He doesn't care, and we sometimes talk about LoZ/Pokemon when we have extra time.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I have never been embarrassed about Pokemon. Every school that I have gone to has had people my age playing the game, the only exception was in Junior High but I went to a small P-8th grade school and no one in my grade liked Anime either. Siriusly I was the weird kid till I got into High School and found a group of gamers and Anime lovers that I could talk to.

In collage I have a huge group of friends that I hang out with daily and most of them like Pokemon and other things that I like. Like Anime, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, other Sci-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom