• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Help Embarrassed to Buy a Pokemon Game

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
Recently I've been wanted to buy a pokemon game, and i haven't played one since yellow, (many moons ago.) and i posted a topic on which game i should play for now and some of you have suggested soul silver or heart gold. I've had the chance to buy one of them new, but when I go ask for the game I change my mind thinking that im going to be criticized for buying it. Also recently I've watched a video on youtube saying you're never too old for pokemon, but i feel like it a lot and that I'm the only one around who would play pokemon. I just feel like i'm being weird to buy that game cause I'm 17. So what i'm trying to say is that i feel like i'm being weird to buy it and that's whats stopping me from buying it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Why would you be embarrassed to buy a game? Go with whatever you like. Seriously there are 40 year olds who purchase PKMN to this day. I'm 17 and play the heck out of Kirby, even.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Why would you be criticized for buying a game? Pokémon is quite possibly one of the most famous of all franchises. If anything, people should be happy that you're buying one of the franchise's games. Like Van said, there are people waaay older than you who still play the games. There's no need to be embarrassed, no one's going to judge you. ^_^

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Dude, I'm a girl and I play Pokémon. I know lots of girls who play Pokémon almost religiously. You should never be afraid someone's going to judge you because of what you play. ;)

v (well ^). If someone is going to judge you negatively over a game, they're not worth your time (in that instance?). Do as you will if you're in your own home.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I didn't really get into Pokemon until a few years ago... and I'm well outside the accepted demographic.

Solution: I ask for a gift receipt when I buy the games

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You guys are helpful, i feel better

Hey, it's what we (well, I) live for. Gotta help people out; and like we've been saying, you should never feel held up because you like a game that people will make fun of you for. You're 17, probably about to get into college. College kids will not make fun of you for playing PKMN; I know several college students who play the series, even!

Musicfan

the shadow mage
AWKWARD ZOMBIE
This comic is my veiw on criticism based on what games you play. The people who give criticism are often are insecure themselves. As you get older people become more secure.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I live on a indian reservation and alot of people are a-holes about playing certain games

I hate to say this but tell them to suck your whoha because they really have no business bothering you about what you do. Unless they're your parents/guardians of course.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Don't be afraid to be who you are and play what you want. Let them be a-holes. As long as you're happy, do and be as you please. :)

This but with precautions. Xyphon made an excellent point when he said he realizes the world doesn't work like that, but if you're in your own home's privacy you can do what you want. **** the people who bash on you while you're in your home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom