• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Earliest Zelda Memory

Here's a simple question, what is your earliest Zelda memory(memories)? Was your earliest memory of you reading a review of the particular game? Was your earliest memory of you play it at a friend's house or with your parents? My earliest Zelda memory started with the original Smash Bros for the N64. It was the first time I have ever saw the character Link. I was probably 4 or 5 years old at the time which is cool I guess. Around the same time, I went to my friend's house and he had OoT. The only thing I can remember is Link standing around Lake Hylia. My friend gave me his OoT game and I still have it to this day. His save file is still there too. Around the same time, my mom's friend would come over and she would play OoT and I would watch her play it. I remember her playing through the water temple. I also remember her beating the final boss and the credits which blew me away at the time. A little bit after that, she brought over Majora's Mask. I played it obviously but the only thing I can remember is watching my mom's friend fight the final boss. The final boss freaked me out. In first grade I got my hands in Wind Waker and... you get the idea. I have very fond memories of playing OoT, MM and WW and I wish I can relive those events again.

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
I have a memory of playing Oracle of Seasons on my red Gameboy advance SP Playing that game while my basement was being re-done which prevented me from playing my Wii. I beat the game being satisfied and it was also my the first Zelda game I have ever beaten. :)

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I still remember reading an Austrian catalogue with various stuff, including Game Boy/NES/SNES/Genesis games and hardware. Although I don't speak German, I still remember two Zelda games from it - A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening (original, not DX). However, at this time I wasn't familiar with this franchise at all.

BTW, the company related to this catalogue still exists.

My earliest memory is getting a Nintendo for my 5th birthday and, though I don't remember the game being with it, I do remember having and reading the manual for Legend of Zelda.

I wouldn't actually play the game, as well as Zelda II, until nearly 5 years later. But that manual had a lot of detail, and I think that is one of the reasons why I'm so into the background aspects of the games.

My earliest memory of Zelda was when my childhood neighbors bought the original Legend of Zelda game... and invited me over to play it. I was just a kid then. Good times! ^^

My very first Zelda memory was that my dad took me out to get a new game because I was bored and he liked playing them with me. Unfortunately they didn't have any Mario games that I didn't have at Kmart, but because my dad wanted me to pick a new one I picked Ocarina of Time because it had a cool looking sword and shield on the cover. Then I took it home and was blown away by what was to follow. The only other memory from that time that I have was I didn't realize you could shoot the paintings in the forest temple and it took me seven years to finally get back to it and beat Ocarina of Time from the time I got it.

watching strange pixels in the original LoZ and AoL move across the screen when i was too young to know what was going on, but earliest memory i can recall from a sentient mind is constantly repeating rescuing Zelda from Hyrule Castle in ALttP, the rain outside, Link's grandfather dying etc etc all good and it is my earliest Zelda memory

Keeseman

Smash is Life
My first memory of Zelda was playing OoT on my cousin's N64, at about age 6. The first memory that comes to my head is right outside of Goron City, where you had to throw the Bomb Flower down onto the rock blocking Dodongo's Cavern. I could not figure out how to do that back then for the life of me... Only years later did I figure it out when I picked it up again...

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
I can't name the first one, but ONE of the first ones, and very memorable ones as well, was in TP, when you discovered a Howling Stone, and you had to howl a song from an older Zelda- game, ah, the rush of nostalgia~~

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
My earliest Zelda memory was when my cousin had an SNES and my brother bought ALttP. It was a pretty cool game to play, but I was little at that time when I first played ALttP. Took me so many years to finish it.

I remember the first time I played LoZ on the NES. I was probably about 3 or 4 and I went to my cousins house. I got all the way to the end of the first dungeon and died at the boss, all by myself.

The original Zelda game. I don't even know how or why we had it. We got an NES for Christmas and got a couple games, and mostly I played Mario and Mario 3, but then I figured, why not give this gold cartridge a try? I was about 7 or 8 years old. I was hooked after that! I remember my baby sitter used to come over and show me and my brothers all of the secrets, where to burn the bushes and where to bomb the rocks. It was also one of the first games I actually beat, SMB3 being the first. I remember asking for Zelda 2 for Christmas and playing that for hours as well. Although, as a kid anyway, I never got to beating it. I got stuck as apparently I never found the hidden temple, I didn't have walkthroughs back then. I just downloaded it on the 3DS virtual console so I look forward to actually finishing this one! It's one of the few Zelda games (excluding CD-i) that today have remained unbeaten (the Oracle games being the other two).

bunny

birb overlord
My earliest memory of Zelda was at my grandpa's house. He is a huge gamer, so of course he had some Zelda games. Anyways, I loved to sit and watch him play The Wind Waker. I wanted to play so bad, but he thought it was too gruesome for me or something... Eventually I got my parents to buy me my own copy, but still.

If it weren't for my grandpa, I don't even know if I'd have gotten into the Zelda series. The only reason I wanted a Gamecube was for The Wind Waker. I hadn't thought about it that much, but now I feel extremely grateful to my grandpa.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Oh, I remember the Christmas when my brother got his GameCube (which is unofficially mine now) . . . I don't remember Zelda from then but I do remember Harry Potter . . . Oh gosh, just Harry Potter one and two for the GameCube and me and my brother and my mom would play them together (she played at all the hard parts that actually require skill, specifically the part at the start of the second one when you sneak around the apothecary-- getting around the guards in OoT was so freaking easy after Harry Potter, I'm like the master of sneaking now). But anyway, getting back to Zelda, my earliest memory with that would be Kokiri Forest, which I know better than the back of my hand due to having spent the first 5 or so years of playing Zelda there and in the Lost Woods. Specifically, I remember how my brother was so fascinated by the entrance to Goron City and would spend hours looking around and trying to figure out how to get through-- he figured there must be some way from Koriri Forest. In addition to that, I remember my brother had HIS character named Link, and he would never let me name mine Link, so I named him Hank :P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom