• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

E3 Discussion Thread

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Discuss all things E3 here.

Bethesda had a great showing yesterday, and today Microsoft, Ubisoft and Sony were all as good as ever. The new Spiderman game looks great and I'm extremely excited about the complete Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2 and Crash Warped remakes. Microsoft's new console, "Project Scorpio" seems intriguing, with full 4K support, the next gen should be incredible.

Very excited for Nintendo's treehouse tomorrow and to see some footage from Zelda U/NX. Hopefully we get a title with it so we can stop calling it that.

What do you guys think?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I thought EA's was alright, I just wanted to see more Mass Effect. Bethesda had a solid showing and Dishonoured 2 is definitely looking like one of the best games to come. And... I haven't seen the rest since I've been busy, so I'll post later when I've marathoned them all.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Honestly I'm hoping for a new F-Zero title, or a Pokemon Game on the Wii-U to be announced before the NX launches.

60 fps with 4K output is almost impossible on high end gaming computers... Highly doubt they're being entirely realistic
Honestly I'm hoping for a new F-Zero title, or a Pokemon Game on the Wii-U to be announced before the NX launches.
They're going to have like no new 1st party games lined up for the Wii U anymore, right now they only have 2

Plus Dragon Quest 7, Monster Hunter Generations and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. But those are third party developers... I think.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

I doubt we'll see a new F-Zero. If even Miayamoto the lord of rehashes doesn't envision it happening, it's probably not going to happen. There's just so many better racers out there than F-Zero. It wouldn't sell well, except to the small number of dedicated fans if it did come out.

I also think Sony has had the best showing even without showing the PS4 Neo. Microsoft was good, while Ubisoft was alright. Bethesda did good as well.

So far this E3 is proving better than last year, but maybe that's just me. Hopefully Nintendo delivers.

It's been a pretty boring E3 for me thus far. There haven't been too many game announcements that we didn't know about. The Bethesda conference was definitely the best in delivering new surprises, but I loved how the first half of the Sony conference had trailer after trailer. Things got a bit worse when they started focusing so heavily on VR. I still think virtual reality is nothing more than a fad like motion control was.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Hideo Kojima coming out and saying he's back and showing off footage for Death Stranding, The Last Guardian finally has a feasible release date, Detroit: Become Human and Horizon Zero Dawn looks like really cool, and a CRASH BANDICOOT REMAKE. Game after game, no awkward or scripted events or behind the scenes videos. Sony wins! Again!

Microsoft had a solid pretty showing this year, too. Not sure what to think of Project Scorpio, however. Too many questions; not enough details.

I didn't expect too much out of Bethesda's conference because there was no way they could have done as great as last year. It wasn't bad by any measure, but it wasn't as strong as it was last year. They still showed some good things, though.

I have no expectations for Nintendo's livestream later today.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
As for my thoughts.
I watched the Microsoft conference yesterday. I wasn't too enamoured with Gears 4. It just didn't look that great to me.

The FF15 Titan battle demo was very exciting.

Scalebound looks fantastic. Totally getting that and playing co-op campaign.

We Happy Few also looked amazing. It's a futuristic survival game and is part of Xbox preview so we can play and the developers take the feedback into account for completing the games development.

Sea of thieves the pirate simulator from Rare also looked good. I'd like to give that a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom