• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

E3 Discussion Thread

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I didn't catch the Sony conference but I felt like Microsoft had a bangin' conference. It was all about the games (thankfully none of them were Madden, or FIFA), and a little about new features and the future of the brand. The only slow part was the awful Minecraft segment, but Minecraft is one of the best selling games of all time with over 100 million players, so devoting 10 minutes to that isn't all that bad? Ruined the pacing though.
EA was okay. Nothing amazing. Showed us what we already knew, mostly, and just gave a sneak peak at the game we actually wanted to see.
Bethesda I didn't watch but I wasn't interested in the major news out of that conference except maybe Prey.
Ubisoft was good. Was funny, especially the South Park bits, and the new TC game had me intrigued. Has a MGS feel to it, open world, do missions, etc.

Reactions: Dio

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I didn't catch the Sony conference but I felt like Microsoft had a bangin' conference. It was all about the games (thankfully none of them were Madden, or FIFA), and a little about new features and the future of the brand. The only slow part was the awful Minecraft segment, but Minecraft is one of the best selling games of all time with over 100 million players, so devoting 10 minutes to that isn't all that bad? Ruined the pacing though.
EA was okay. Nothing amazing. Showed us what we already knew, mostly, and just gave a sneak peak at the game we actually wanted to see.
Bethesda I didn't watch but I wasn't interested in the major news out of that conference except maybe Prey.
Ubisoft was good. Was funny, especially the South Park bits, and the new TC game had me intrigued. Has a MGS feel to it, open world, do missions, etc.
Sony absolutely blew M$ out of the water.

Sony is bringing in exclusives and they are bringing them in hard and fast. All of Sony's conference didn't drag and they brought out announcement after announcement after announcement.

For example,
Horizon looks absolutely fantastic. Omg. It just looks amazing.

Sony has done a great job yet again, of making me want a PS4. It's too bad that I am waiting for a price drop or the PS4 Neo.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Walking simulators, VR, console expansions, and games that look interesting but will never release. Holy ****. Nintendo is the only company that can save us. PC gaming show was okay ill be honest there. But Sony and M $ were ****shows. I dont have any hopes for Nint because I know that the folks demoing Zelda UX will be brand new to video games. Smdh

Personally i much enjoyed MS's conference, and "blew out of the water" is a text book example of hyperbole, they both had amazing presentations. It really depends on what games you enjoyed the most. On Sonys part 3 games caught my attention: TLG and Horizon (which werepresent last year as well) and Infinite Warfare which i think caught everyone by surprise. What i felt was a downsize on Sonys conference was what they showed is so far into the future that its hard to get excited. Games with releases in 2018 or beyond.

MS also brought the games, non stop, plus new hardware, plus live new features, plus new designed controllers and a new console announcement top it off. And unlike Sony's all their content is much more immediate, just like last years. Last year i felt MS was better, this year i felt the same.

From what most people are saying Sony is probably going to "win" E3, but honestly I haven't been blown away by any of the shows yet.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
@Lozjam I heard the PSVR part dragged, but I guess that just comes down to personal opinion.
I think Horizon has potential but I am cautious about my hype. No offence to Guerrilla Games, but their games have been hit or miss, and all have been FPSs. It's easy to get carried away when seeing beautiful trailers. I think it will be a solid game though, they have bee spending a lot of time on it, but its hyped as a system seller, which in no way it should be.
The new spidey game though? Oh boy... Insomniac? Spiderman? Ohhh boyyy.
I think that was my favourite announcement from the Sony side of the gaming sphere.
I'd like to get a PS4 sometime later and pick up the plethora of remasters it has as I skipped the PS3. I'll probably add the new Spiderman game to my list now.

On a tangent, I'm not a huge fan of the whole M$ abbreviation. I think $ony or Activi$ion or more apt.

From what most people are saying Sony is probably going to "win" E3, but honestly I haven't been blown away by any of the shows yet.

60mil+ PS fans vs 20mil+ Xbox and ~15mil Nintendo fans, of course most people are saying Sony wins. But agree, nothing has been mind blowing. They've all been very solid, which is fine by me. Surprises are nice, but seeing content for games that are on the horizon, rather than years away, is better.

@Lozjam

60mil+ PS fans vs 20mil+ Xbox and ~15mil Nintendo fans, of course most people are saying Sony wins. But agree, nothing has been mind blowing. They've all been very solid, which is fine by me. Surprises are nice, but seeing content for games that are on the horizon, rather than years away, is better.

Sony def the winner to me but I'll straight up admit I'm at least mostly a Sony fanboy. Playstation easily my favorite console series.

Zelda Wii U looks great, but I don't really care about any other Nintendo IP's, same w/ MS's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom