• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Dropped-off

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
I thought that an article like this might prove to be helpful to some, as it sure at the moment is to me.
The name of the article, titled as 'dropped-off', means that you have either by your own will, or because of school and work, or other personal issues you may have in your life, literally dropped-off from the world of Zelda (or video games in general, as it is to me), missed the latest news, and forgot all the adventures you've had with it/them.

Sadly, this has just happened to me, because of school and studies, as well as personal issues I'm dealing with right now, so I thought it would be perfect to have a thread like this to update the latest Zelda news, to the 'dropped-off'- ones.

And please, do excuse me if there already is a thread like this, or of the sort, or that this in general seems like a pointless discussion.
Thank you in advance!

Aaaaand if you're wondering if there's something special that I have missed, it would be the Link Between Worlds. I know nothing of the title, tried researching about it, but I sure would be glad if someone could give me a comprehensive summary of the whole game.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Link Between Worlds isn't released yet, so no worries :)

I was in other fandoms the entire time between TP and SS, so everything in SS was a brand new experience to me. All I knew was that there was going to be a spirit in the master sword. The fabulous Ghirahim and loftwings, I didn't know about. But my friend who got me into Zelda mentioned it, and so did some people in the other fandom I was in, so I asked for it for Christmas and got it.

This was a good thing, I hear Ninty leaked a buttload of stuff about SS. Maybe that's why some people weren't that impressed with it?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I hear Ninty leaked a buttload of stuff about SS. Maybe that's why some people weren't that impressed with it?

They spoiled practically the entire experience...which is only part of why the game is ******** [to me? :rolleyes:]
---------
I have dropped off the series lately, haven't truly followed ALBW and TWWHD was just nonsense. It's due to pure disappointment and disinterest. There is no reason for me to enjoy the series anymore...well, ALBW may change that, but as of now I am not feeling any particular Zelda vibe.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Well, about a month or two before SS was released I dropped off the fandom. They were dealing out way too much info for my taste, and remembering what happened for me back with TP, I stopped following any news on SS, letting the experience be totally new and awesome for me.

Kinda like right now, I've started avoiding any news for ALBW. It was fun at first looking at all the art designs and secret Easter eggs, but now that they've revealed the main villain it's gotten into TMI territory again. (As well as any news for Pokemon X and Y; now that they've revealed the Elite 4 and Champion I've dropped off that fanbase as well.)

I've learned that if I follow up on every single snippet of info before the game comes out it just ruins the whole experience for me (and seemingly for others as well, just look at what happened to SS).

Yep, once I see the general artwork for a new game, that is all I want to know. I avoid any discussion about the game. Release date is all I want to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom