• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Downton Abbey Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
This post is so weird. And this is where I feel Mellow's character gets interesting. Everything about this post is so scum-joing-the-bandwagon-y to me. The post wasn't even necessary to solidify the lynch! Half majority was placed just before this post. Seems like the old "oh no! My scum buddy is hopping going to dye! I better get on the wagon as soon as possible to make it look like I'm not scum. Sweet, but now what do I say to make it look like I thought about this vote? Uh.... 'he's the best option that i can see!'" And that best option that he can see comes after the eagerness to kill Johnny? Strange..........

I actually based my vote on Scarfed on the latest vote tally, without realizing that somebody else had voted for him before I did. According to the vote tally, he was at 4 votes, thus I thought my vote would solidify his lynch. Guess it pays to actually read.

But hey, you can vote for me if you want. You probably all hate me anyway, so I'm sure my lynch would be quick[er] and painless. :)

Mido

Version 1
This post is so weird. And this is where I feel Mellow's character gets interesting. Everything about this post is so scum-joing-the-bandwagon-y to me. The post wasn't even necessary to solidify the lynch! Half majority was placed just before this post. Seems like the old "oh no! My scum buddy is hopping going to dye! I better get on the wagon as soon as possible to make it look like I'm not scum. Sweet, but now what do I say to make it look like I thought about this vote? Uh.... 'he's the best option that i can see!'" And that best option that he can see comes after the eagerness to kill Johnny? Strange..........

The post you referenced was precisely why I claimed to 'smell a rat' on the lynch for yesterday, albeit, my paranoid thinking led me astray from productive scum-hunting. :( All in all, I definitely agree with what you say here.

Honestly at this point I'm more interested than the people who voted for Scar than those who didn't. That said, I think we can clear a few names. Lady isn't scum and I'd say the same for Johnny.

I happen to agree, at least if I'm going off of what I thought up yesterday. I noted Pendio along with Mr. Ezlo, but the only thing that I can note about Pendio was his apprehensive take on Johnny and David's Day 1 methodology. Pendio's vote on Scarfed was also rather early, I think. On your note of clearing names, both players you mentioned read as such. The only thing I could say for LOTL is this elaborate theory that I thought up: In light of Rep appearing to be a role cop of sorts, if he is indeed anti-town, perhaps he used one of his reads in either Night 0 or 1 on Scarfed and found him as the usurper, with LOTL leading the way to quell said rebel. Townie points then go to her. But alas, I believe that I may be reaching far into the top hat here.

You probably all hate me anyway, so I'm sure my lynch would be quick[er] and painless. :)

:oops:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Yo. I was keeping up with the rest of Day 2, but I wanted to wait out and see what happened with the Johnny and Rep scenario, and of course how the argument between Lady and Scarfed turned out. Concerning the former, I have a couple of questions that I think should be asked, namely for Johnny.

1. Did you get in contact anyone last Night, and if so, who was it?
2. Does your ability have unlimited usage, or is it an X-shot role?

Now, as for Mellow, I noticed that he was laying low and kind of going with the flow of the game early on in Day 1 during the Alit lynch, and then in Day 2 during the Scarfed lynch. Joining voting sprees to blend in with Town and appear as such is a common Mafia tactic. But be as it may, I'm not entirely sold on his guiltiness, partially because of his willingness to be lynched (just rings "bomb" or "jester" to me). Despite that, I do find his insistence on lynching Johnny suspicious...

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Honestly at this point I'm more interested than the people who voted for Scar than those who didn't.

Oh and I'm not eliminating myself out of any suspicion, I just think it's better for us to focus on those who did vote. First off, it's hard to target the sheer amount of people who didn't vote and sometimes it hard to justify why. I guarantee at least one scum didn't vote, but most of the time, at this early stage, people don't vote because they don't think it's the lynch is a valid one (like I didn't think it was) or they're inactive. Also, scum are more conscious of their image more so that Town, so they'll be trying to get "Town points" or try not to look suspicious.

That said, I think we can clear a few names. Lady isn't scum and I'd say the same for Johnny.

I'm actually quite in agreement with this. While I do find Mellow a little fishy, Sadia is actually getting most of my interest today. In the past, she has been quite proactive towards helping the town. Now, she seems to be peppering the conversation with little tid bits that really don't add anything to the conversation. The change in behavior is pretty suspicious to me.

Pen

The game is on!
Alright, just tossing an idea out there. I do not know if I even believe in it myself, but I think it might be worth considering. We now know Scarf was the Mafia Usurper. What if the other Mafia members had somehow been able to figure out that he was an usurper, and therefore wanted to kill him. In this scenario anyone on yesterday's bandwagon could be Mafia. Even those who started it.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm confused Ez, you said you weren't hammering but rather solidifying the lynch but now you are saying that you thought your vote was the 5th one?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Alright, just tossing an idea out there. I do not know if I even believe in it myself, but I think it might be worth considering. We now know Scarf was the Mafia Usurper. What if the other Mafia members had somehow been able to figure out that he was an usurper, and therefore wanted to kill him. In this scenario anyone on yesterday's bandwagon could be Mafia. Even those who started it.
Usurper is still pro mafia. The Godfather wins even if he dies if the mafia wins.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm confused Ez, you said you weren't hammering but rather solidifying the lynch but now you are saying that you thought your vote was the 5th one?

Precisely. Since majority was 10, Scarfed needed at least 5 votes in order to be lynched (half majority). I thought the tally was 4, so I voted him to ensure that he would have enough votes to be lynched, not realizing that he already had 5 votes.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !

This does make some since. The Mafia might not have wanted to kill him but maybe they saw that he was growing suspicous and then didnt care if he dies since he was the usurper. I just dont know how mafia would know that he is the Usurper.

As for the day so far I do agree that Mezlo does look a tad suspicous even though he didnt know he was casting the sixth vot but Im not placing a vote since the day just started.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Jumping on a scumbud's wagon to look good? I have DEFINITELY done that before. And my scumbuds have done it too.

Mezlo, if you thought you were placing the fifth vote on Scarf's wagon, why did you say you 'weren't hammering' when you voted him? :|

Not hammering, but I'd be happy to solidify his lynch.

Vote: Mezlo

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Placing the fifth vote is not a hammer. Placing the tenth vote would've been a hammer. I wasn't hammering at all, like I said, I was simply solidifying his lynch.

But ya, not sure what more I can say. Oh well, what's the tally now, 4 votes on me? 4 more and I'm dead. Guess you guys do hate me, how upsetting. :coolsar:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Yo. I was keeping up with the rest of Day 2, but I wanted to wait out and see what happened with the Johnny and Rep scenario, and of course how the argument between Lady and Scarfed turned out. Concerning the former, I have a couple of questions that I think should be asked, namely for Johnny.

1. Did you get in contact anyone last Night, and if so, who was it?
2. Does your ability have unlimited usage, or is it an X-shot role?

1) I did indeed get in touch with someone. However, I really don't want to reveal yet. I realize that may seem a little fishy but I would like to protect their interests and identity.
2) It is not an X-shot. I have indefinite use.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
"A hammer is a vote that leads to the majority needed for a lynch." Google it. (And even if you thought the 10th vote was a hammer, you guys weren't close to 10 votes at all so ?????)

I.... don't know what to say about Mezlo's attitude. Not sure if he's trying to softclaim someone or he's an actual jester/bomb like Mido mentioned.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I know we weren't close to 10 votes, and I never said we were. Placing the fifth vote isn't a hammer though. Hammer is the final vote in a lynch that leads to majority, thus ending the day. Placing the 5th vote is not a hammer. Placing the 10th vote would be. That's what I was saying.

And yes, I did softclaim, more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom