• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Down the rabbit hole: Lucid dream mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
TBH I'm rather suspicious of Zelda13, seems like she/he is trying really really hard to "fit in". I agree with the vig target idea, but wouldn't mind a lynch against her either. I'm with Raj here that Deku is really suspicious, there's not even one thing I can pin on him, it just all seems strange. Almost like he's trying too hard.

Vote: DekuNut

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Okay, time to stop joking around I guess.
Don't feel like claiming yet, so I'll ask people why they're voting me. I saw mention of buddying, which I explained to be with town. It's role-related. That's all I'll say for now.
Next is a... General feeling of unease? Very good reasoning Gummy :P
I'll look over the other voting reasons in a minute.

Mido

Version 1
KNG-08005-6.jpg

I'm not sure about the inexperiance theory, I'm not sure how many games she's played but I believe I might be the newest person at Mafia playing in this game - my first game was the Xenoblade Mafia which was going on last month. I'm not entirely sure if inexperiance is the reason for her posting tendencies in this game.

If Shroom was their Godfather than why didn't they all atleast attempt manipulating attention off him? Unless they knew it was a lose-lose situation. Trying to save him would compromise all of their games unless they were successful. Still it could have been worth it, unless maybe he isn't the Godfather like you are thinking. Normally wouldn't “Godfather” be in the name of role?

You may be right on Ari, but as for your second point, that's what I find to be the million dollar question. I assume the mafia thought the situation was lose-lose for Shroom. I only suppose he was the Godfather was because kokirion described him as the "Leader of Is." Back to Ari, though, it seems she has softclaimed, but her vagueness still gives me some second thoughts. Also, while I find this unlikely, I wonder if Ari is a lyncher of sorts because she seems so fixated on Thar?

Now, I am torn here. Both my top suspects claimed in some way, shape, or form, and both claims seem to have questionable merits. I'm not sure if I should switch my vote here.... :eek:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
What. Why are you role claiming? Like, seriously why? That's a total waste of a claim (I mean I don't see anyone else claiming today but still). Also, like lg said, that doesn't prove anything. You can be a mafia dreamer.

Also, the fact that you have no abilities makes your claim even more useless. What was the point? If you're trying to gain trust, you're going about it the wrong way.
Those who have beneficial Townie roles shouldn't be roleclaiming unless:
1.The Mafia is onto them, or
2.They are trying to blow up their game for some odd reason.

I roleclaimed because I have nothing to gain yet nothing to lose either. I'm leaving room for roleclaims by others in future days rather than wasting a claim for myself on those days. I have no powers, I'm not a threat to the Mafia, which is why roleclaiming doesn't hurt me because if I was nightkilled the Mafia will be wasting a Night to roleclaim someone really not worth nightkilling currently.

You have forgitten one thing Ezlo, there is no “Town” or “Mafia” in this game. There are Dreamers, Spirits, and Evil Spirits. Dreamers are the equivalent of a Townie in this game. I've been thinking regular Spirits are third party, Cult. Evil Spirit are of course the equivalent of the Mafia. I can't be both a dreamer and an Evil Spirit, throwing that notion out there makes me lose all trust in you if I ever even gained any. Plus the fact you forgot that there aren't “Townies” leads me to believe you aren't a Dreamer.

Mido

Version 1
You have forgitten one thing Ezlo, there is no “Town” or “Mafia” in this game. There are Dreamers, Spirits, and Evil Spirits. Dreamers are the equivalent of a Townie in this game. I've been thinking regular Spirits are third party, Cult. Evil Spirit are of course the equivalent of the Mafia. I can't be both a dreamer and an Evil Spirit, throwing that notion out there makes me lose all trust in you if I ever even gained any. Plus the fact you forgot that there aren't “Townies” leads me to believe you aren't a Dreamer.

There is still a presence of good/evil in here, it's just in an unconventional setting. Also, I don't think dreamers are limited to townies, as Shroom came up as a drifter, or a permanently lucid dreamer.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
No, there are still good and bad factions. Whether you're a dreamer or not has nothing to do with your alignment.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Also I'm going to roleclaim, the first to really do so in the game.

I'm Phil Macgraw, a dreamer. I have no abilities yet so I'm guessing I need to become lucid before I can get any special abilities. Lynching me wouldn't be a good idea.

I roleclaimed because I have nothing to gain yet nothing to lose either. I'm leaving room for roleclaims by others in future days rather than wasting a claim for myself on those days. I have no powers, I'm not a threat to the Mafia, which is why roleclaiming doesn't hurt me because if I was nightkilled the Mafia will be wasting a Night to roleclaim someone really not worth nightkilling currently.

Yes but now the mafia have a free kill or can push LyLo a hell of a lot easier. I'm sorry to say, you're not as skilled as other players, and a more skilled mafia player could leave you alive so that you make a mistake in LyLo. It also ruins the possibility of a fake claim that you can use to save a fellow town member.

And this game is good and evil, not dreamers vs spirits. I'm betting there are both on each side. So good vs. evil equates to the standard mafia vs. town logic.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
No, there are still good and bad factions. Whether you're a dreamer or not has nothing to do with your alignment.
Well I guess I never pondered that.

Yes but now the mafia have a free kill or can push LyLo a hell of a lot easier. I'm sorry to say, you're not as skilled as other players, and a more skilled mafia player could leave you alive so that you make a mistake in LyLo. It also ruins the possibility of a fake claim that you can use to save a fellow town member.

And this game is good and evil, not dreamers vs spirits. I'm betting there are both on each side. So good vs. evil equates to the standard mafia vs. town logic.
You have your playstyle, I have mine. With more games comes experiance, this is only my second Mafia game - I've never claimed to be some super skilled Mafia player, maybe I did make a mistake, I'm new to this unlike you and a lot of others playing in this game. Still, you didn't have to insult me by saying I'm a terrible player. I have alot to learn, which goes back to me saying with more games comes more experiance. The lest you could do is say something like, “you not great, but you can get better.”

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Edited version
Well I guess I never pondered that.

You have your playstyle, I have mine. With more games comes experiance, this is only my second Mafia game - I've never claimed to be some super skilled Mafia player, maybe I did make a mistake, I'm new to this unlike you and a lot of others playing in this game. Still, you didn't have to insult me by saying I'm a terrible player. I have alot to learn, which goes back to me saying with more games comes more experiance. The least you could do is say something like, “your not great, but you can get better.”

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon

Everything about this is just... no...

Did you even read the OP? Here's the bit about roles in case you didn't:
Aside from your alignment and powers, there is also a thing called "class" or "race":

Everyone is subdivided into 2 main categories:
- Dreamers
- Spirits

Dreamers are human. Dreamers have been sucked into the dream (regardless of their alignment). They differ from spirits in the way that they can become "lucid". A lucid dream is a dream in which you realise you are dreaming. Having this knowledge, you can control this dream and do whatever you want. Becoming lucid in this game will allow you to develop certain powers. You can also later lose this lucidity again.

Dreamers have 2 subgroups:
+ Lucid dreamers. Dreamers that have realised they are in a dream and have the potential to alter it at will. Any dreamer can become lucid (or lose lucidity), a lucid dreamer is able to acquire a large variety of powers.
+ Drifters. Dreamers that have an exceptional lucid talent and are (and will remain) lucid from the start of the game.

Spirits are not human, they are created for a single purpose and will therefore have a more static role. They cannot become lucid or lose lucidity and are therefore not able to acquire any powers throughout the game, but any potential power that they might possess at the start of the game is permanent.

For most players, it is specified next to their role what their class/race is. For other players, you can find out what your race/class is by looking at key words such as "wild spirit", "nightmare", etc. When in doubt, send me a pm and I will further clarify.

If you have any more questions about these races/classes and/or lucidity, please ask.

As you can see, titles like "dreamer" have nothing to do with alignment. Evidently YOU are the one who doesn't know about "town and mafia."

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
also i like how when johnny said "you aren't as skilled as others" you took it as an insult and then you said the same thing about yourself and also suggested that he say basically the same thing. idk what's the dealio there
:coolhecks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom